I need a few willing participants to test Reactor 3.5 pre-release. Any and all are welcome.
The release can be installed from the Github stable branch:
- Back up your current Reactor configuration using the Backup/Restore tool on the Reactor master device. Recommended: download the backup file and save it locally. This release should be interoperable with 3.4 (so you can revert if you need to), but it’s always good to take out a little insurance.
- Go to the stable branch: https://github.com/toggledbits/Reactor/tree/stable
- Click the green “Clone or download” button and choose “Download ZIP”. Save the file somewhere.
- Unzip the file.
- In the Vera web UI, go to Apps > Develop apps > Luup files
- Group-select and drag the unzipped files, except any “.md” files, to the “Upload” button in the Vera UI.
- After the uploads complete, Luup will reload. When that’s done, hard-refresh your browser.
- Go to the “Plugins” page.
stablein the Update box.
- Hit the “Update” button.
Please report any issues on this topic/thread. If your pet bug or feature/suggestion isn’t mentioned below, let me know.
Changes for 3.5:
- Enhancement: “Pulse” output mode for conditions now allows repeat pulses with a configurable off/false period between.
- Enhancement: The new Expression Variable condition type allows direct condition testing of an expression’s most recent result value without using a self-referencing Device State condition.
- Enhancement: The new Set Variable activity allows direct setting of a variable without using a self-referencing Device Action activity with a SetVariable service action. The target variable must be “expression-less” (that is, its configured expression is blank/empty).
- Enhancement: Make event log entries more human-readable.
Reactortable in “Run Lua” actions now publishes state for all conditions (in table
Reactor.conditions; keys are condition IDs). This makes the current condition states and values accessible directly in Lua without additional “gets”.
Reactortable in “Run Lua” actions now publishes group states (in
Reactor.groups) by name as well as by ID. Previously the keys were group IDs. Now you can use either in “Run Lua” actions.
- Enhancement: Do not check firmware version in debug mode, specifically for allowing testing on any firmware, including alpha/unblessed.
- Enhancement: The Activities tab now can filter the display by “true” and “false” activities (suggestion by tunnus).
- Enhancement: Update LuaXP to latest version (1.0); solidifies some date parsing behaviors; adds
map()functions; see https://github.com/toggledbits/luaxp for full change log.
- Internal: Clean up mechanism for determining SSL parameters for SMTP connections.
- Internal: Upgrade of configuration is only done by core now; no duplication of effort on the JS side.
- Fix: Fix reinitialization issue when switching between tabs without saving and user elects to abandon changes.
- Fix: Do not clear operands when changing operators.
- Fix: Condition value field IDs “unique-ified” similar to hotfix 19318-01 for some Mac browsers.
- Fix: Delay input fields need same unique ID treatment, similar to hotfix 19318-01, for some Mac browsers.
- Fix: “try” action operating in Activity editor was not substituting variables correctly; partly a limitation introduced by the evolution of variable, and partly bug, but in any case, fixed.
- Fix: After clearing condition state, make sure initial update/restart runs all activities eligible (esp. root).
- Fix: Cosmetic bug in the appearance of scene list for Run Scene activity.
- Fix: Cosmetic bug–“updates” action does not need “ignore case” checkbox.
- Hotfix 19240-01: SMTP notifications to Google/Gmail fail with
555 5.5.2 Syntax error(L_Reactor.lua)
- Hotfix 19273-01: Using a variable reference in a delay doesn’t work properly. (L_Reactor.lua)
- Hotfix 19288-01: It appears certain Unicode characters can make the ancient JSON library that is standard in current Vera firmware hiccup and produce empty results, possibly erasing a ReactorSensor’s configuration. Several different approaches to preventing damage to the config are implemented in this hotfix. (J_ReactorSensor_UI7.js, L_Reactor.lua)
- Hotfix 19317-01: Fix variable substitution in “Try” action operation in Activity editor (J_ReactorSensor_UI7.js)
- Hotfix 19317-02: Fix action editor incorrectly reselecting currently configured value (J_ReactorSensor_UI7.js)
- Hotfix 19318-01: Work around issue with Mac Chrome and derivatives getting confused when multiple data-list fields have same DOM element ID