Camera for Vera any recommendations?

Hi , can you please recommend me camera for Vera plus ?

Hi there,

If none of the Vistacam cameras are not suiting your needs, I’d also look at Hikvision cameras.
I’ll let the community to be more specific. There is already some info on this same board.

Personally, I went the Blue Iris route. You can choose any camera you want and Blue Iris, through plug-ins and minor LUA code, you can get them to communicate with Vera.

None, none of the veras have the CPU capability to handle the data output unless it is the only thing it does. It will contribute to the vera randomly crashing. I would pick the camera you need and use something else to monitor, record and control. Blue Iris is an option, I use my NAS but there are also NVRs out there.

I use Blue Iris for 3 reasons:

1. I can arm/disarm (record on motion) Blue Iris when Vera moves from Home Mode to any other mode and vice versa,
  2. the camera devices in Vera are set up as virtual motion sensors so Vera sends notifications when a camera detects motion when in any mode except Home Mode, and
  3. Blue Iris sends a composite image of my 4 camera which I display on VeraMate to get a quick glance at all 4 cameras. Each camera is also individually displayed in its respective room.

[quote=“Don Phillips, post:5, topic:199281”]I use Blue Iris for 3 reasons:

1. I can arm/disarm (record on motion) Blue Iris when Vera moves from Home Mode to any other mode and vice versa,
  2. the camera devices in Vera are set up as virtual motion sensors so Vera sends notifications when a camera detects motion when in any mode except Home Mode, and
  3. Blue Iris sends a composite image of my 4 camera which I display on VeraMate to get a quick glance at all 4 cameras. Each camera is also individually displayed in its respective room.[/quote]

My QNAP QVR does all of this without the vera… including notification, email with snapshot. Bottom line is, no need for it to connect to the vera.

How does the QVR know to be in something other than Home Mode (using Vera terminology)?

How does the QVR send notifications to a phone - Pushover or something similar?

What app like VeraMate do you use to both monitor/control Vera devices and monitor the cameras?

How about this one https://shop.getvera.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=VistaCam-1101

[quote=“Don Phillips, post:7, topic:199281”]How does the QVR know to be in something other than Home Mode (using Vera terminology)?

How does the QVR send notifications to a phone - Pushover or something similar?

What app like VeraMate do you use to both monitor/control Vera devices and monitor the cameras?[/quote]

Look at my other thread… The QVR sends events through REST API to openLuup which then decides whether to send an announcement, trigger the siren or send a notification which, for me is indeed pushover but could be anything, HomeWave push, pushbullet etc…
It does take snapshots and sends emails on it?s own. The motion sensors of the cameras are activated (I.e armed/disarmed) by home assistant which is controlled by openLuup.
QVR can send notifications on its own as well but as you mentioned, would not be aware of your home/away status which is why I have it go through openLuup. I monitor all the cameras through the QVR mobile app. In short, it is the same function as BI without the need of Windows and on a NAS I already have for other purposes. I also connected a few cameras to openLuup directly so it can control the PTZ position of the cams. They are Amcrest and rewrote a big part of the plugin for openLuup but this is extra functionality… as a result, they show up on ALTUI.

If you atalking about the buzzer in the DVR you should be able to disable it for each camera in the alarm setup on the dvr

I vote for Hikvision cameras.