can no longer login to my vera account ??

this is weird… i upgraded the firmware on my vera 2 from U15 to u17 and now i can no longer login to my vera account on the new fancy webpages and interface uses. even if i try to click forgot password it claims my email doesn’t exist. crazy. i would assume this is why i can’t use the vera app unless i am on my home network.

any ideas on why this would occur?

You need to log in here now. with new user name and password. They are different databases.
https://home.getvera.com/users/login

i’m well aware that is where i need to login, however my old username and password don’t work. my email address isn’t even in the database anymore either. they have no record of the username.

i’m worried if i try to create a new username on the site as i was starting to they find my vera but i worry it will wipe out all the devices i already setup. not sure what to do, no idea why a company wouldn’t tell you that your old username was now null and void

http://support.getvera.com/customer/portal/articles/1840699-upgrade-from-ui5-on-veralite-vera-2-or-vera-3

thanks…so registering didn’t erase my info, great.

that being said now my app that i use for android no longer works. authomationhd this app was and is so much better than the official vera app. says my login details won’t work. i bet it doesn’t support U17 or something.

more stuff to figure out

that being said now my app that i use for android no longer works. authomationhd this app was and is so much better than the official vera app. says my login details won’t work. i bet it doesn’t support U17 or something.

more stuff to figure out[/quote]

Go to the Authomationhd forum. There is a thread about a beta version. That is what works on UI7.

I beleive that app is no longer being developed or supported.
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,30471.0.html

I recommend as a replacement, Imperihome.

The app works with ui7 if you use the version from the forum vs. The version from the play store. If you read the play store version it says right on that version it doesn’t do ui7. That version is very old.

The forum version has also stopped being supported almost a year ago. But it does work with ui7.

I personally believe that imperihome is much better, has custom icons, color and a lot better features and options. Custom layout using “dashboard”.

The app works with ui7 if you use the version from the forum vs. The version from the play store. If you read the play store version it says right on that version it doesn’t do ui7. That version is very old.

The forum version has also stopped being supported almost a year ago. But it does work with ui7.

I personally believe that imperihome is much better, has custom icons, color and a lot better features and options. Custom layout using “dashboard”.[/quote]

awesome, upgraded my app and got imperihome as well.

the one great thing about automatichd is that you can create custom widget icon button shortcuts to exactly the task you need, which you can’t do with imperihome from what i can see. i have an appradio so on my home screen in my car i have an icon that i hit that runs a scene which unlocks my front door, turns on the lights, etc which i hit when near home. having both working is just a plus.

Imperihome has atleast 4 widgets.
Cameras, scene buttons or devices and somthing else.

You can create a scene in vera and put a widget on the home screen to run that one click without opening the app.

Imperihome also controls more then just vera. Ip cameras can go direct also.

Play with dashboard view, custom icons layouts and graphs. I haven’t ever lovked back at the plain colorless autohomation
Only thing it has going is its free vs. Most things in Imperihome your gonna want the pro which is a few bucks.

Edit: check pro vs. Free options if you dont have widgets that may be one of the many options not offered in the free vs. Pay option. I know there are many more options not offered in the free version also.

I know this is an old thread, but it was what popped up when trying to solve my problem, so I figured that I would share the fix.

I had the same issue when getting a new phone. The problem was that the app data and/or cache was carried over from my old phone when migrating. The new phone needed a new token.

To fix this, clear the app data and cache on the app, and then re-add your vera. Simply removing and re-adding is not enough.

1 Like