Can't add HA07 as Scene Controller

I followed the directions on the Wiki to the “T” and the device won’t configure…

I am running latest release,
I hold INCLUDE down until prompted, then press OFF for Scene 1, and it says … RA Complete.
Refresh Vera, it has me assign it to a room, and even after 1 night with a network rebuild, configure node now, etc… It is still RED.

I have tried stting the HA07 within 12 inches of the dongle and configuring also…
Does anyone have any suggestions?

The question is “Does it work though?”.

I have a WDHA-12R which is a scene controller/ Homesight bridge. Vera almost always sees it as red. However, every time I press a scene button, it works. I have a feeling that scene controllers (especially battery powered ones) don’t really belong in the Z-wave mesh. Which makes sense because they move around the house and they’d break the mesh if they did.

Interesting Point…
I will try that…
The only thing that makes me think it doesn’t, besides the red cog, is that the Check the box “Treat scene buttons as events”.
isn’t even an option…

I will create a scene right now and test…

I originally defined “1” to turn off a lamp, and “2” to turn it on.
They reported unsucessfuly…

However, the ALL OFF turns off the lamp, and ALL ON turns it on.

SO I thought, 1 and 2 might be the all off and all on buttons…
So I changed them events to 3 and 4. Still no good, except for the All off and All on, as reported above.

SO, now I ahve deleted teh events alltogether… Maybe the ALL OFF ALL ON is a broadcast message, independant of vera…

Which appears to be the case… The lamp still goes off and on.
This is the only lamp module i have (or light for that matter).

Any thoughts?

I have an HA09 and though the cog is always red it works fine, in the latest Vera version there is no more “treat scene butons as events” you just add the controller then create the scenes putting the button number (1 through 6 in my case, I believe you have 12) in the “which scene number” box, when scenes are complete you must re-add the controller the same way you did the first time, the message will tell you it found an existing controller and transferring scenes, any time you alter the scenes for that remote you must re-add it, now when you press “on” it will run the scene, if that scene turns on scene capable lights then the “off” button will turn them off, however the off button will not reverse the action of a non scene capable device, for example if my scene “arms” a motion sensor then “on” will arm it but “off” will not disarm it, to disarm I would have to create another scene and assign it to another button

Hmm,
I tried to set up some scenes, then re-add the controller, and I still can not get it to do anythign…
The ALL OFF/ON seems to work ok, still…

Thought?

when you re-add the remote does it say “found existing controller” and then “transferring scenes” if not something is wrong with the sequence

No it doesn’t…
Will try agin and report back…

Same problem here. I have no doubt I am doing something wrong. In the wiki at paragraph 5 of Adding the Remote …, it says repeat step 3. There is no step 3. So, I assume the wiki means 3a

Try excluding the controller.

1. Go to Z-wave then z-wave options and select exclude. Hit “Go”
  2. Do same process you did to include. eg.hold Include until light is solid or blinking(can’t remember but one of the 2 happens) and the hit the off button on #1
  3. Save and include again. (use the add zwave controller and not just the regular include)
  4. Set up a scene and click add event blah blah choose the newly added remote, name the event something eg.lights on, assign it to a button eg. 1 and save NOTE: If you re-add the remote and give it a new name make sure you select the correct remote from the dropdown for Add Event
  5. Go to Add z-wave controller and wait for it to be ready to accept the add again and include (hold include till lights come on then hit off for button 1)
    It should say that it’s transferring this time. If not, and if you haven’t tried it yet, then do a factory reset on the remote and try again.

Post what happens :slight_smile: