Can't edit Reactor devices

I am probably missing something obvious, but here goes:

I am unable to edit Reactor devices. I had a problem with a z-wave thermostat, and I had to unpair and repair it to Vera, so it now has a new device number. I am trying to edit a reactor device that has been working fine for some time.

I can edit the logic in the Activities screen, but the “Save” button never goes on, nothing happens when I click it. Exiting brings up a dialog that offers to save the changes, but when I go back into the Activities screen, nothing was saved. There are several devices that have this problem.

I have restarted Luup (several times), reloaded the browser, restarted Vera.

Help!

Thanks,
Tom

OK. Sounds like you’ve done the basic basics (excellent)… make sure you’re running a browser that doesn’t s… create problems. You should be on a current version of Chrome, Firefox, or Safari, ideally. Edge is acceptable. Internet Explorer, any version, is not. And on a desktop/laptop system, not mobile/tablet.

Usually, when the Save buttons don’t highlight, one of two things is happening: (a) there’s an error in one of your activities that has to be corrected before you can–these are usually highlighted red or yellow, but you may have found a glitch in the UI where it doesn’t highlight it to draw your attention to it. But changing device numbers are always suspect–they have to be fixed to save–so make sure you’ve hit every action that mentions that device; or (b) there’s a bug or you’re hitting some boundary condition in the Reactor UI code that’s causing it to abort.

Assuming you’ve corrected all of the errors flagged, the next step is to open the Developer Console in your browser and look for output. I strongly recommend using Chrome or Firefox for this step, as they do the best job of showing errors clearly and are the easiest to get to. This page tells you how to get into the developer console on the browser you are using. Things highlighted in red may be related, but are sometimes just benign warnings. Just screen-shot or copy-paste anything you see. Once the developer console is open, go out of the ReactorSensor device and back in, to the Activities tab, edit, and try to save. If there’s an error being thrown here, it will be obvious at any of these steps.

It was cause (a). There was another error in the activity logic, because the re-paired device was called twice in the logic. I missed the second call, which was highlighted with a red box around the device name.

Thanks for your help!

1 Like