Capability 113 (COMMAND_CLASS_ALARM) Not Working

Please be patient here with me, as I am trying to figure out this ZW3008 device. I have figured out that 2 of the devices created should be of type DimmableLight and MotionSensor. As per specifications, the 3rd device is an alarm type (which I presume is set when armed and motion is detected).

So, the capabilities string includes 113 which is COMMAND_CLASS_ALARM. I have the following Variables currently configured/set:

• Armed: 1
  • ArmedTripped: 0
  • AutoConfigure: -1
  • LastUpdate: 0
    Set the Device Type and associated files to DoorSensor w/ Category 4 and Subcategory 1.

Now, I have also enabled notifications. When I walk by the sensor, none of the variables change and I do not receive any notifications. Do I need anything else set here from a variable perspective - ie, AlarmType, AlarmTypes, etc?

I am testing via ‘data_request?id=status&output_format=xml&DeviceNum=14’ in the web browser and receive the following output:

<Device_Num_14 status="-1" PendingJobs="0">
<states>
<state value="1" variable="Armed" service="urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1" id="45"/>
<state value="0" variable="ArmedTripped" service="urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1" id="46"/>
<state value="1:;2:A;3:A;4:A" variable="ModeSetting" service="urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HaDevice1" id="47"/>
<state value="0" variable="Configured" service="urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HaDevice1" id="48"/>
<state value="0,0,0" variable="ManufacturerInfo" service="urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveDevice1" id="49"/>
<state value="211,156,1,4,7,1,L,R,B,RS,|89,94,113," variable="Capabilities" service="urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveDevice1" id="50"/>
<state value="" variable="VariablesGet" service="urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveDevice1" id="51"/>
<state value="0" variable="Target" service="urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1" id="52"/>
<state value="0" variable="Status" service="urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1" id="53"/>
</states>
</Device_Num_14>

Any thoughts on this? Or perhaps other ways to debug?

Looks like no one has any ideas here?

The notifications sent through CC Alarm (re-named to CC Notification from version 3) are used by the controller to report the state of the device on the UI.
Endpoint 2 of ZW3008 is a Generic Type Sensor Notification that reports through Home Security (0x07) motion detection events (0x08).
You will need to change the endpoint 2 (altid e2) device XML and JSON to D_MotionSensor1 and category to 4, subcategory to 3.

@mcv.bogdanf

Already have altid 1 being used with ‘urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:BinaryLight:1’ as a dimmer (however, Alexa has issues polling this, but pressing the button works to turn it on/off). Already have altid 2 being used with ‘urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:MotionSensor:1’ as motion detection. This also works fine to detect motion and trigger events… such as email notification when set to away mode. So the only one I cant get to work properly is altid e2. I made the proposed changes to altid e2 but still no luck. I have altid 2 set to vacancy mode and Vera does pick up the motion walking past it (but I dont have this one armed). Just to be clear, should I also change the device? Had it set to DoorAlarm or something of that nature (), but I also tried setting it to ‘urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:MotionSensor:1’.

Just to be clear - this device presents itself as 3 different items - altid 1, 2, and e2. I have managed to mostly get 1 and 2 working, but not e2. As per above, appears that the e2 capability is 113 (COMMAND_CLASS_ALARM). Device 2 does not have capability 113, but does detect motion.