Centralite Bankruptcy

Interesting to see all the changes in the home automation industry lately. Pulled this from the Hubitat forum.

[quote=“Nameless, post:1, topic:204478”]Interesting to see all the changes in the home automation industry lately. Pulled this from the Hubitat forum.

https://www.docketalarm.com/cases/Alabama_Southern_Bankruptcy_Court/1--19-bk-10447/Centralite_Systems_Inc./[/quote]

Business model for Home Automation was wrong!..it still is!

Not with us though :slight_smile:

As far as I know, they were a bit too invested with Lowe?s Iris so it isn?t too surprising since I did not find too many other retail channels for their devices. It?s too bad as it was one of the better zigbee device suppliers.

Yes…they had a good zigbee devices…

what in particular would have been good for the market if you had the ability to rescue some of them?

They have a good looking thermostat. They are all very generic HA1.2 stack making them easily compatible with any decent hubs. Their wall outlets are bulky but are very powerful zigbee repeaters. These cheap wall plugs enabled zigbee for me due to the very limited range zigbee has especially on the vera.

The wall plugs are useful to me, too. They’ve stretched my Wink Hub 2 Zigbee network through my house easily and have made it incredibly fast. I’ve never been able to get the same response from my Zwave Vera Plus network.

Price of the plugs has also been a plus. I purchased one of their newest for about $20 a couple months ago.

Interesting insight…
thanks for sharing.

Damn this stuff is so much cheaper in the US. I assume they are not compatible with the UK systems (apart from the physical aspect of the plugs)

C

Zigbee is the same everywhere… my outlets were actually about $6 each…

?30 here. So marginally cheaper than Z-wave. But not much

C