Chamberlain/Liftmaster MyQ Plugin

Thanks a lot, it works. Took for ever to have seen that I had it right in front but didn’t pu it together. Thanks a lot for hanging with me and helping.

I have 2 more issues. LGTV menu control on HR200 and also Honeywell t10 not showing in ELAN. I have tried the lyric driver but that doesn’t help. Also for TV I had it working by changing something but now cannot get it to work after redoing the whole system. LGTV is OLED 2016 model. Any insights. Thanks

Not sure on the Honeywell. I have never installed that. For the TV, your TV should be set as the source (for Smart TV functions or Menu). You should then be able to control the TV.

Good morning and Thanks for your insight and help. I had the wrong source attached.

The Honeywell T10 is visible from Vera and works in Vera but translating it into ELAN shows the values in the viewer but shows as disconnected in climate, however can be seen but cannot be controlled.

Hello, has anyone had recent issues with the plug in? It stopped working in July, and I uploaded the most recent “L_MyQGateway.lua” file, and it fixed it. However, it recently stopped working again-stating “Username not configured. Password not configured” despite several attempts. Wondering, if anyone else is having trouble… thanks a ton

I am having the same issue. The plug in quit working so I uninstalled and reinstalled. After setting it up with the username and password I am getting the “username not configured. password not configured”

I’m having the same issue as well. Looks like they changed something again and broke the plugin. Think I’m going to install the GoControl garage door controller I’ve had sitting in the closet and be done with it. This goes on way too often. :unamused:

I have uploaded all the new files and nothing is working.

The unfortunate side effect of an unsupported and unofficial plugin.

Perhaps, but actually, IMO, more attributable to Vera and eZLO’s ongoing negligence in keeping the underlying OS and libraries up to date. You don’t have much of a system if the only stuff that works is what they choose to give you.

2 Likes

I’ve finally had a moment to take a look at this and it seems that MyQ has stopped supporting the v4 API that this plugin currently uses. I have confirmed that that information needed for the plugin is available via the v5 API using curl but porting the plugin from v4 to v5 will require more disposable time than I have available right now. If anyone wants to take a stab at porting to the v5 api before I have a chance to, I will be happy to provide a small suite of bash scripts that show how to use the v5 api.

3 Likes

Have a Chamberlin Garage Opener with MyQ, was working great on Vera. I then added a Liftmaster unit for my RV garage, it also has MyQ. Both units are on communicating fine with the MyQ app. Couldn’t seem to get the Liftmaster to show in the Vera Plugin so I deleted the mios app and started again. Now, I can’t get either to work in the mios plugin. Did a restore for Vera of the previous day (prior to removing the plugin and reinstalling). After loading the credentials on the plugin, it shows one garage door, but will not control even the original Chamberlin.

Two questions:

1. Any suggestions on how to get the app working again?

2. Will it be possible to control both Chamberlin and Liftmaster through the MyQ mios app in Vera?

@blacey just pointed out MYQ isn’t supporting the API the app was built on anymore. I don’t have the technical acumen to port it to the new one (or I would), but I am sure someone will eventually.

Thanks for the quick response. So, to be clear, at this point anyway, the app is no longer working and will be down until someone picks up the ball and runs with it?

After losing my Imperihome, I’m getting less and less interaction with my smart home through Vera. Looks like once again, I am forced to use 3rd party apps to control my devices. Ugh :frowning:

Since knowing the status of the garage doors wasn’t a huge deal for me, just controlling open and close, I just reverted back to use MyQ with IFTTT and the Webhooks service in IFTTT to call the Open or Close action. Current the MyQ integration with IFTTT is free, and IFTTT is still free (if you only have 3 recipes). If you us gmail there are some tricks you can use like the following (note to my knowledge this only works specifically with GMAIL not all email providers):

In regards to the setting up multiple accounts: If you create an IFTTT account with myaccount@gmail.com and then create another using a plus and then any text (ie myaccount+livingroom@gmail.com) It will forward any emails to your account and still count as a new email on the companies end.

1 Like

Oh, and if you still really want to be able to control your Garage from Vera with a Switch and you don’t have a sensor on your Garage door to get state. You can use the awesome Switchboard Plugin to create a tri-state switch that will allow you to have a stateless switch, so you can press open and close (which intern should trigger a scene with your LUA code it in to call your Webhooks IFTTT action), and they return to the Switch to the “Void” state which is the unknown state.

Thanks for confirming (well, I think this is what you are saying) that the v2.2 (updated 2019-07-16) will no longer work - period (because myQ has changed their website/APIs). I was driving myself crazy looking for solutions.

Despite considering myself a “tech guy”, and sometimes being able to reverse engineer code, I was happy just to figure out how to change the .lua code in my Vera (despite this being a ‘beginners’ task), so as much as I’d like to contribute back and help get things working, that’s probably (to quote ericstuberg) beyond my “technical acumen”.

I found the following websites that seem to reference the myQ API, but it sounds like the issue isn’t lack of understanding of the API, but rather lack of time to get the code updated; however, I figured I’d post just in case someone finds them useful?
GitHub - thomasmunduchira/myq-api: An updated API to interface with myQ devices (makes specific reference in some files to “Revamp module and its API as part of the myQ v5 update”)
A discussion I found via google search from openhab (which I think I remember reading someone lamenting that openhab has drawn some of the more active developers, but figure they may be going through some of the same issues and therefore the discussion could be useful to us as well?) Chamberlain MyQ Binding - #383 by cbaxter - Bindings - openHAB Community

Hopefully someone with the know how (and time) will get this working again at some point. For now, I’ll just use the myQ app or continue to use the OpenGarage code that is already in my Vera (although, my OpenGarage solution is spotty and not the most user friendly interface, which I was hoping the MyQ would resolve). I’m mainly interested in getting this working on our Vera because my wife doesn’t want to have 10 different apps to control all of the home automation gadgets we have :sweat_smile:.

Thanks to all the people out there that help make, maintain, and support the tools that make life easier for the rest of us!

Newbie to Vera trying to reverse engineer and add on to an existing Vera Z-Wave

@blacey Were you still planning to do this update it at some point? Just got a myq device and didn’t realize the plugin wasn’t working. I realize this isn’t your job so I’m happy to wait if it’s still in the pipeline.

Noticed that the MyQ plugin stopped working recently – I have 3 Liftmaster 8500C openers with the MyQ gateway that I want to use within Vera scenes. Hoping a new functional version of the plugin is posted soon. Version 2.2 is essentially non-functional, so should be removed from the Vera menu “Apps” > “Install Apps” listing…