Chamberlain/Liftmaster MyQ Plugin

V1.36 works perfect for me also!

Thanks!

Deleted my old files and replaced with v1.36. My Chamberlain openers are working once again. Thanks. Will you be updating the Vera Apps page so this update occurs automatically? Getting ready to reset my Vera unit and it would be nice if the app updated without having to copy the files manually.

For further validation that my issue was NOT related to DNS, and to hopefully improve the security of this app overall, I downloaded the Root and intermediate certificates that are used to sign the certificate for www.mychamberlain.com and www.myliftmaster.com. I don’t know the status for the Craftsman site, but I would expect it’s the same.

By putting the attached text into a file and then using it with the curl command with the --cacert option, it ensures that there are NO problems with SSL validation because the root certs are used in the local text file, but more importantly it ALLOWS for verification of the certificate (which is not currently being done, and is not recorded properly in the log files - the ‘-k’ option is left out).

@cybrmage, I strongly encourage you to add this security to the app and make the root certs part of the distribution since the built-in curl is pretty “stupid” with regard to being able to understand all of the different CA’s that are out there.

Latest is working great here too, and the weird DISABLE/Chamberlain status is gone.

Thanks again!!!

Latest 1.36 Is working for me as well using Chaimberlain MYQ branded device. Thank you.

Can anyone tell me what the IU7 GDO mode and Enhanced status buttons are for in the plugin?

Working again on version 1.36. Thanks for all your work on this cybrmage!

[quote=“jcolter, post:745, topic:180826”]Latest 1.36 Is working for me as well using Chaimberlain MYQ branded device. Thank you.

Can anyone tell me what the IU7 GDO mode and Enhanced status buttons are for in the plugin?[/quote]

Well I went ahead and changed the GDO mode and it modified the icons in Vera (After a reboot) to Garage doors, however PLEG doesn’t pick these up anymore (not in the device list when you create a device trigger) so I had to revert the change. Anyone get GDO mode working with PLEG? Still not sure what the Enhanced status button does.

This is what I did and usually what you have to do when updates are posted to the forums. Your mileage may vary, but these are my overly simplified instructions for UI7. I’m new to Vera and only have a UI7 device, but I’m sure dedicated UI5 users have the process down :slight_smile:

Here you go:

1. Download the zip for version 1.27
  2. Unzip those to a directory on your home computer.
  3. Login to your Vera Controller’s Web Interface
  4. Click on “Apps” on the left-hand sidebar to expand it, then click on “Develop apps”
  5. Now look toward the right hand side and click on “Luup files”
  6. You will probably see the menu change to say “Luup files” with a big green “Upload” button.
  7. Make sure that “Restart Luup after upload” is checked.
  8. Highlight the files that you unzipped on your computer in step #2 and then drag them over to the “Upload” button.
  9. Wait a second or two for them to upload and then try using your Garage Door again.
  10. Thank @cybrmage for helping us all out.

Thank you very much, @cybrmage. I owe you a beer, a few bucks or a few more “Thanks” posts![/quote]

These are the directions for uploading the file.[/quote]

I followed the instructions above to install v1.36; however I don’t see the MyQ app as being installed. If I start with the old version installed and follow the instructions above to update it always still says v1.12.
What am I missing? Thanks

The app itself will only show 1.12 until the App is officially reviewed and approved by Vera. You can check what version you are actually running by going to the MyQ device, scroll down to the bottom and click on “advanced”, then the variable tab. Scroll down and you will see PLUGIN_VERSION. It should say v1.36 if you are running the most current version.

Have you considered adding it to the alt App Store? I use that with alt UI and that seems to be a lot more up to date than equivalent versions of the same plugins in mios / Vera App Store.

Be much easier for many if this was already in the alt App Store

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, that explains it; I have the right version. Thanks

V1.36 from post #728 works perfectly for me on my lift master Evolution in the UK :slight_smile:

Thank you for the fix!

I installed the v1.36 on my LiftMaster MyQ garage opener and it’s working again with my Vera Plus! Thank you thank you.

The operations (open / close) always work great. The notifications (opened / closed status) work most of the time but not always, but those notifications never work consistently for me anyways (even with pre-v1.36 versions).

I wonder if others experience the same behavior with the notifications / events?

I gave up on notifications from the plugin a long time ago. I have the app on my phone configured to give alerts since it seems that will “always” work even if the plugin is down.

For additional tracking / triggering / alerting, I use a tilt sensor installed at the middle (height) of the door.

[quote=“ember1205, post:754, topic:180826”]I gave up on notifications from the plugin a long time ago. I have the app on my phone configured to give alerts since it seems that will “always” work even if the plugin is down.

For additional tracking / triggering / alerting, I use a tilt sensor installed at the middle (height) of the door.[/quote]

I do the same thing with my iPhone and a tilt sensor. Works great.

I went ahead and bought the GoControl/Linear Zwave Garage Door Module on a Amazon lightning deal for $60. I got tired of worrying about the plugin and the 3rd party private API with MyQ. It took some work though to make it work with opener. Had to modify the existing wall switch in order for it to work. But overall I’m satisfied.

[quote=“jeff3lo, post:753, topic:180826”]I installed the v1.36 on my LiftMaster MyQ garage opener and it’s working again with my Vera Plus! Thank you thank you.

The operations (open / close) always work great. The notifications (opened / closed status) work most of the time but not always, but those notifications never work consistently for me anyways (even with pre-v1.36 versions).

I wonder if others experience the same behavior with the notifications / events?[/quote]

@Jeff3lo

I also reinstalled the MyQ app on a Vera Plus on 1.7.2608 but my results were different from yours. For me, the app works only intermittently (about 50% of the time it will open or close when requested). Any thoughts? What am I doing wrong?

Z

@ Fryswatter

Could you please post a step by step guide to your modification(s)?I too have purchased a Go Control controller that I am eager to install.

I assume that you simply soldered two new leads to existing wall switch board then tapped the two leads on the Go Controller button terminals to the wall switch?

Thank You!

Just trying to get this up and working again. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin, so am now on 1.36. The app is giving me a current “last auth.” Should it automatically find the child devices or do I have to create new devices? If the latter, could anyone point me to the initial instructions? Apparently I need a refresher…

If the MyQ app sees your garage door, then everything in the online account should be accessibly to the plugin and I believe it will auto-create the garage door after authentication. If I remember correctly, it took a couple of minutes for mine to create the door. Try closing down your browser and then re-connecting to the Vera to see if the door shows up (the web UI does a poor job of re-reading data from the controller on its own).