Chamberlain/Liftmaster MyQ Plugin

It’s been working fine on my system for a number of months. Only time I had an issue is when I changed some of the settings in my home network that caused the Vera to lose connectivity to the Internet.

It’s been working fine on my system for a number of months. Only time I had an issue is when I changed some of the settings in my home network that caused the Vera to lose connectivity to the Internet.[/quote]

Mine has been working for about 2 years now. It broke, I updated to plugin v 1.36 and it fixed it. I also within the last 2 weeks updated from a vera lite to a veraplus, and I rebuilt my setup from scratch on veraplus, and my doors work perfectly with the plugin version available from the plugin store.

It’s been working fine on my system for a number of months. Only time I had an issue is when I changed some of the settings in my home network that caused the Vera to lose connectivity to the Internet.[/quote]

Mine has been working for about 2 years now. It broke, I updated to plugin v 1.36 and it fixed it. I also within the last 2 weeks updated from a vera lite to a veraplus, and I rebuilt my setup from scratch on veraplus, and my doors work perfectly with the plugin version available from the plugin store.[/quote]

My VeraLite had to have devices and such removed from it to do the latest firmware update and then be completely restored from scratch. Mine is still working flawlessly afterward.

I also did not have enough memory on my Vera 3 when I updated the firmware. What I did was backup with z-wave, do a factory reset, update the firmware, then restored the backup with z-wave. Flawless update and it only took about 45 minutes (due to quite a number of reboots and the time it takes to backup/restore).

I’m having the same problem as acucons – have downloaded v1.36 from Post #729 and applied it. However, I’m getting the following error:

01 07/07/17 13:45:22.873 LuaInterface::CallFunction_Timer-5 function startupDeferred failed [string “local version = “v1.36 16-Feb-2017” – @Cyb…”]:985: attempt to concatenate field ‘TypeId’ (a nil value) <0x75c78520>

This seems to be specific to the Lua Code (which I’m a total noob at), but several lines above, I can confirm that it’s getting a response from LiftMaster. I’ll keep digging at the Lua to try to better understand it but if anyone has a pointer here, that would be much appreciated.

[quote=“mingfwu, post:785, topic:180826”]I’m having the same problem as acucons – have downloaded v1.36 from Post #729 and applied it. However, I’m getting the following error:

01 07/07/17 13:45:22.873 LuaInterface::CallFunction_Timer-5 function startupDeferred failed [string “local version = “v1.36 16-Feb-2017” – @Cyb…”]:985: attempt to concatenate field ‘TypeId’ (a nil value) <0x75c78520>

This seems to be specific to the Lua Code (which I’m a total noob at), but several lines above, I can confirm that it’s getting a response from LiftMaster. I’ll keep digging at the Lua to try to better understand it but if anyone has a pointer here, that would be much appreciated.[/quote]

Figured this out. Around line 231, there is this code:

local MyQDeviceTypeIds = {
        GATEWAY = {1,16},
        OPENER = {2,7,17,15},
        LIGHT = {3}
}

You need to update the corresponding record with your device ID type. You can find this in the response payload that comes back when it connects to the service.

I.e. [“MyQDeviceTypeId”] = 15,}

In my case, I had to add “15” to the OPENER line. Then, load the Lua and it should start to get past this error.

[quote=“mark0613”]Has anyone been able to get this to work? The Plug-in doesn’t seem to want to save my user name and password. I know i have the right info because i can log into the site.[/quote]I am also having this problem. I’m on the newest version of the app and Vera plus.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

[quote=“quie2droid”][quote=“mark0613”]Has anyone been able to get this to work? The Plug-in doesn’t seem to want to save my user name and password. I know i have the right info because i can log into the site.[/quote]I am also having this problem. I’m on the newest version of the app and Vera plus.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk[/quote]Ok, I figured this out. You have to put your username and password in the advanced tab, then the variables, I believe. There is a spot for them there and when you hit save t b ey appear on the front options page. Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-P605V using Tapatalk

[quote=“quie2droid, post:788, topic:180826”]Ok, I figured this out. You have to put your username and password in the advanced tab, then the variables, I believe. There is a spot for them there and when you hit save t b ey appear on the front options page. Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-P605V using Tapatalk[/quote]

From the Devices page, open the MyQ device. Click the “MyQ Setup” tab. Choose the proper manufacturer for your GDO. Enter your username and password for the MyQ site in the fields provided. Click Update.

Done.

You do not enter things into the various variable fields for the device. If you are not seeing a change after doing the above, you have an issue with your browser.

Further, following the steps above will populate the variables fields correctly. If you are not seeing this information, reload the Vera admin page from scratch and go back in. Again, if these fields aren’t populating, you have an issue with your browser.

Running new MyQ plugin version 1.40 and latest Vera edge firmware but only 1 of 2 of the MYQ devices are showing in Vera. Both garage and gate show and work fine from MyQ app but only the garage door is found on the Vera side. Tried deleting MyQ plugin, reinstalling, etc , etc

Hi all. I’ve been using the MyQ plugin with Vera for some months with no problems.

I was wondering, my MyQ panel has a display on it that shows the temp in my garage. Is there any way to pull this temp and feed it as a variable into the Vera device?

[quote=“Tubal, post:791, topic:180826”]Hi all. I’ve been using the MyQ plugin with Vera for some months with no problems.

I was wondering, my MyQ panel has a display on it that shows the temp in my garage. Is there any way to pull this temp and feed it as a variable into the Vera device?[/quote]

I don’t believe that is anything other than a simple, digital thermometer that is not able to be queried in any way.

Thanks for updating the app, works great with my openers. Running on Vera Plus and Vera Edge without issue. I am now trying to integrate Vera with habridge on a raspbery pi and having some problems. Generally speaking, Vera recognizes garage door openers as door locks and uses it’s door lock schema. Inspecting the advanced tab for the garage door opener devices created by the plugin confirms it is using the door lock schema.

As such, a command like this should cause the door to open:

http://192.168.0.2:3480/data_request?id=action&output_format=json&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:DoorLock1&action=SetTarget&newTargetValue=1&DeviceNum=205

However it does not, and neither does the newTargetValue=0 cause the door to close. On my Vera, the parent id of the MyQ app is 202, the door is 205. What am I missing?

Found the trouble to be with Liftmaster gates only. Both garages and gates show and work fine thru MyQ app but only the garages show up in Vera no matter what I try.

The ID for the gates is most likely not programmed into the plugin so it doesn’t know that ID represents a gate. There’s a section in one of the plugin files where you can add those ID’s. (you can glean them from the Vera logs when the MyQ plugin starts) Unfortunately I can’t help as my Craftsman version broke a number of months ago and I removed the plugin…

I’m running on the latest version 1.40 and see a [glow=red,2,300]Lua Failure[/glow] on the Dashboard in UI5, but the plug-in works fine opening and closing the door.
In the log I see this: [url=https://pastebin.com/5Xr5xqEF]https://pastebin.com/5Xr5xqEF[/url]. It’s a minor annoyance, now I know it still works.

Hope that helps.

I’m using the plugin with my 2 Liftmaster garage door operators. When I stop a door partially closed (e.g., 6" open for ventilation), on each poll I receive the following in the notification header in the Vera web interface:

MyQ Gateway : MyQ Gateway Unexpected Door Status: 3

But, the Status variable in the device instance still shows 1 and appears to only ever be recorded as 0 or 1. And of course the door device instance is shown as closed/locked. Is there any way to capture the 3rd status so the door could be reported as partially open rather than locked?

Thanks.
Wade

Has anyone here been having trouble with this plugin lately? I have a similar MyQ integration with SmartThings that suddenly stopped working in the last couple days. It looks like Chamberlain changed the API…I can still get a login token but throws an unauthorized error whenever I try and do anything with it.

You could do it yourself with a tilt sensor - a combo of tilt sensor activated (you’d have to install high on the door) and door status closed (not open?) would result in “Partially open” that you could reflect on another virtual device or something.

Thanks for the reply. I have been considering adding tilt sensors but noticed the plugin appeared to be receiving a status code “3” which might be able to be used without additional hardware.