Chamberlain/Liftmaster MyQ Plugin

Thank you @lionelandjen, worked perfectly!

1 Like

How do I upload the new lua file to fix the MyQ plugin?

1. get putty
  2. get winscp
  3. ssh into your vera, run the command >/etc/cmh-ludl# pluto-lzo d L_MyQGateway.lua.lzo L_MyQGateway.
    txt
  4. winscp that .txt file to the desktop
  5. open in notepad++ or notepad if you don’t have it
  6. edit the line by searching for tlsv1
  7. rename the file with .lua extension (use cmd (dos editor) to ren the file or else it will have .txt in the name
  8. upload it through App > Develop APps > luup files > drag and drop and reload the luup engine

I think that’s all.

1 Like

Perfect got it working, just downloaded the ‘L_MyQGateway.lua’ file, changed all ‘tlsv1’ entries to ‘tlsv1_2’ uploaded back to my vera and I was back up and running. I would post the updated file for everyone to use, but I can’t on the forums unfortunately!

Thanks to the smart people in these forums, as easy as a find and replace… till the next time it breaks again!

1 Like

Worked for me, too. Took me another 20 minutes to figure out my password was updated and was wrong in the plugin, lol. Thanks for the fix!

Can you please tell me how to do this? I need to get this working again and while I understand the changes you are making I do not understand where this file is and how to download/upload it to the Vera. Thanks!

go to your vera dashboard->apps->develop apps->Luup files then search for this file called L_MyQGateway.lua and click download. I used text edit on my Mac to search for the term ‘tlsv1’ and replace every term with ‘tlsv1_2’. Saved the file and navigated back to where I downloaded the file from the vera. Drag and drop the file into the upload section and the engine will reload a few times until the plugin will start working.

That worked! Thanks for the help!

Thank you for the instructions. I tried what you said and it still says the Last Auth
Wed Jun 19 2019, 01:47:26. Is there anything I can do to wake it up? I tried power cycle too.

I just thought of something. Could it be because I am on UI5. Will the fix not work on UI5? I tried to change my password or do something to make it work and it just says MyQ Gateway : Please wait…Re-initializing myQ.

It worked for me too. Thank you for the help and easy to follow instructions.

1 Like

Mine did the same thing because my password was bad. Make sure you can login to the regular MyQ website, then take that same email address and password and re-enter them in the plugin. I’m on UI7, but if it worked for you before it should work again I’d think.
Even if they are the same, try entering them again.

My password is good and didn’t change. I just entered it again to try and test if it was communicating. Still is not working. I even downloaded the file again just to make sure the changes were there and they were. I am not sure what I should try next.

Wow, very impressive. Did as suggested. Used Notepad++ to replace “tlsv1” with “tlsv1_2” in the file. Search found 5 instances and replaced them all. Placed updated file in correct directory. Worked like a charm after reloading engine.

Isn’t there someone who works for eZLO who could place the updated file in the MIOS Apps Repository and label the MyQGateway App version 1.70? That way not everyone who uses it would have to go through this manual process.

@lionelandjen - Great job Sir - Thank you for looking into this and fixing the issue. Great work !!!

Hey Everyone, thanks for the FIX, but my unit is acting weird. I can login to the MYQ app no problem and control the doors. But with the plugin, my unit is not trying it seems. I have everything setup, and changed the required string in the lua file, but the last auth and last check are blank, like it never tried. I have tried to delete the device, and the and plugin, and start from scratch. And yes, when I reinstalled the plugin, I updated the string again. Any ideas or pointers would be appreciated.

Did you make sure to update that string in all five places it shows up in that file?

@mrclown, Yes I updated the 5 locations. this check seems like it is not doing anything. I have updated the username and password. still does not try, that I can tell.

Worked for me. Thanks for the easy simple instructions!