Clarification of forum contributors being banned

True i read between the lines, still does not admit spamming

1 Like

Are PM private, if not can we change the name to “not private messages”? NPM for short

3 Likes

You are of course entitled to your own subjective view.

You guys asked for evidence…
we provided evidence…
we provided his own admission…
Now you are disputing if this “evidence” is good enough etc…
for us it was good enough that he was spamming and stealing, which was very unethical! Even doing it once is unethical!

No i am disputing your selective interpretation of what should have been a private PM, and your willingness to flout forum rules selectively

I think i have made my points and will leave it there.

1 Like

I disagree with you 100%.
We try to be as lenient as possible with the forum rules.

Ban me if you want

2021.2: Z-Wave... JS! - Home Assistant this is a monthly relase notes from people who are not paid for this…

Beta - Ezlo Linux fw v. 2.0.9.1382.13 for Ezlo Plus, Ezlo Secure, VeraEdge controllers - Official Announcements - Ezlo Community. this is your last release for ezlo 5 lines of new “features” and 5 lines of fixes

Beta - Vera Firmware for VeraEdge, VeraPlus and VeraSecure - Official Announcements - Ezlo Community this is last vera firmware from 6-7 months ago… 1 line of new features

what is a lot of work and what is fast… fast is to work one month and to say i made a app to blink when i include or exclude a device?

1 Like

How many lines of code is being generated with those releases you are putting here?
I really think you guys don’t understand how technology development is done.

Akbooer admitted publicly spamming and stealing and we were right in our decision to ban him. Which was the question of this topic.
Lets close this topic and move to a different one vs turn this off topic.

As a user i dont care how many line of codes are used in both cases… as a software engineer i know that work is not measured in line of codes sometimes a lot of code is used for something that can have 2 lines of code and also good coding is to use less code not more code… so the metric is not good… the features that the code produce is something that can be measured so count the futures and integration on each release note and you will se the work done

2 Likes

In all seriousness as a current Vera user:
In the event of a Vera plus controller failure is the Ezlo hardware and interface in its current form capable of replacing a Vera controller?
I’m sure there may be some work but can I regain all of my current functionality and gain the benefit of more current hardware?
And how long will the infrastructure remain to support the Vera platform?
I don’t mind upgrading but I need to know that it’s at least a parallel move or in fact a true upgrade.
I also don’t want to have to start from scratch. I do expect hiccups and idiosyncrasies as that’s part of the game but I don’t want to have to spend days/weeks rebuilding.

1 Like

You certainly do NOT sound like a software engineer in my view! You sound too naïve in technology and doesn’t seem to understand it.

Akbooer admitted publicly spamming and stealing and we were right in our decision to ban him. Which was the question of this topic.

@Tim88 would you please open a new topic with a different discussion. You are asking legitimate questions.

don’t want to go off topic more than we have already :frowning:

What exactly was it that akbooer stole?
I still use vera in some setups, and have the eZLO plus on the shelf for testing when you get more of the functionality i need onto it.
I also use SHC for discussions about stuff that is unrelated to vera, which has no category in this forum anyway.
Guess that makes me a part of the unethical thieving morons? The outside world is not 0 or 1, people can have an infinite number of forum subscriptions!
(a more diplomatic stance towards your potential future beta testers may be advised)

4 Likes

Using our company resources, money we pay, he takes and uses to promote something else for, against the forum rules.

Makes me feel very good about being a Vera/Ezlo customer. I am a fairly new Vera customer, since you took over the company, simply because Ezlo was not yet available and my research showed Vera to be quite customizable. You may be speaking out of pure emotion, but hope that you would not have alienated existing customers, if you had that choice (again).

1 Like

We are here for you!
the new Ezlo platform we have built, we will stand behind and help you all the way.

1 Like

I bought over times 5 controllers, Vera Lite, Vera Edge, 2x Vera Plus and a Vera Secure.
Can I buy a replacement for my Vera Secure? I am based in Europe.
The answer is no.
Do I have something native today that gives me a decent rule engine?
The answer is no.
If I want to achieve home automation (and not home control) am I forced to install Reactor or PLEG (we are forgetting PLEG)?
The answer is yes.

Since September I have been running Vera as a pure ZWave radio and I have now pretty much everything in Home Assistant (x86 based), so I am part of that 95% that currently do not have Reactor installed…
In that 95% there are PLEG users, Home Assistant users, abandoned controllers, and so on

Having that said, this thread really disturbed me. I think everybody went over the line of decency, everybody, but reading the above comments from the owner of a Company makes me very sad.
It does not matter what people write, the owner of a Company should not put this show on.

This thread will move a lot of users away

7 Likes

@peppemon In the same position as you! Right now, my veraplus is only a zigbee radio for some thermostat.

I got a more stable home automation setup since I stop using vera as a “scene/event” machine. At some point in time, I got at least a reboot/reload of vera/luup 10x per day and that’s without talking about the fact that I “burn” a couple of vera storage, probably 'cause of all the logs written on it and everytime, they told me to buy another one!

At the end, I was also having devices that disappear from the device list and re-appear with a new device ID and I gave access to my box to the customer support team of Vera for at least 3 months, without having a home automation working to gave them the chance to check why I’m having so much trouble with zwave-device-id and at the end, they told me, can you start from scratch and reset all your devices…

I’m now having a stable environment using the help of a bunch of people here that give their time and “code/solution” to make something more stable!

1 Like

Patrick, after reading the conversation between you and @melih (the screenshots, not you bout here), I get the impression that you either got a revised contract proposal or an NDA that was more a contract than an NDA.
ie. you and melih had more or less agreed that an NDA would be enough -then your next reply (“I’ver reviewed the contract changes…”) shows up.

Were those contract changes sent to you before or after you and melih agreed that an NDA was enough? Is it possible that the person who sent them was unaware of your agreement with Melih about an NDA being sufficient?

His people sent both an NDA and a contractor agreement. We did not have an agreement prior that an NDA alone would be enough. The conversations up to that point were on Skype group chat with some of their development team, and I don’t believe that any of us (me and several other Vera developers and community members) were under NDA; it was certainly not a condition to joining the chat, and there were several Vera developers involved (that may have changed after). It was not until Melih offered to pay me to make Reactor happen on eZLO firmware that an NDA was brought up, and then it was “I’ll have Mark send an NDA and contractor agreement.”

The contract package that I received was, as I indicated and for the reasons I indicated, unacceptable, and they refused to negotiate at all on the terms. I’ve already explained earlier what the stop was. Melih could have asked his people to be more reasonable, but he did not. When I told them, politely, that we weren’t having a meeting of the minds and so declining the work, he instead offered to make a donation. You can see my response (that he himself posted): it’s pretty non-committal. And that’s because I thought he was BSing (and I was right, because he never donated a cent). I was also trying not to slam any doors shut, to leave it friendly until their work had progressed enough where revisiting the idea of an agreement made sense. But in that moment, since eZLO had nothing finished enough on which I could build Reactor (or really, most of my other plugins), I simply backed away. I do not know if he asked the other parties on Skype and doing early testing and development to sign NDAs since. I can’t imagine why, as the developer API docs were published here anyway, almost contemporaneously with the discussions, and firmware updates are made almost automatically.

But he never made the donation (and that’s fine, because I would have returned it given that I couldn’t do work on what there was at the time, and likely still not today). And I’ve never heard of a donation being predicated on an NDA. That’s really odd. If he wanted me to do the work for eZLO, he could have simply told Mark to be more flexible on the terms, because apparently he was willing enough to have me do the work and give me money for it to proceed without a contractor agreement at all. None of it makes sense, it didn’t make sense at the time, it doesn’t make sense now, the whole thing made me uncomfortable and felt like a grab, and when I see red flags, I’m out. And his libelous and slanderous comments in this thread in full public view (to the contravention of his own published forum rules) just reinforce that my senses were correct.

6 Likes

I asked you to send me details to send money, you said you would but never did. I chased you twice, you stopped responding. You seem to be a very unethical, lying kind of person Patrick with a delusion of grandeur complex.

If I was speculating, I would say
You got “your” “idea about multi controller” from us and then didn’t have the face to face us and ran away.
One minute talking and agreeing and giving excuses why you were not able respond…cooking, kids etc, next minute running off and not responding…Not man enough to respond?

To summarize:
You said: “You will round up the NDA”
I said: Send me your details so that I can wire money
You said: “will do”

It is YOU: Who is committing to “rounding up the NDA” and committing to send me your wiring details so that I can send you money!
And then stopped responding completely…You are the one with BS…committing and NOT delivering!
And I said nothing about any of these…Until you started attacking me over and over and his thread was the last drop for me! I had to show people what I saw of Patrick!

If you were man enough you would have said: Sorry, No NDA and I will wait for now, no need for donation…You did NOT! You simply got me hooked and ran away…with “your” idea of “Multi system Reactor” that magically appeared after we explained you our MESHENE idea.