Comparison of Home Automation Platforms

good evening. history record.

can ezlo integrate temperature modules, door sensors into the Google assistant? or is it like vera that only gives modules on / off and scenes?

I think there is more than 1. They don’t support Meshene do they?

2 then.

Meshene? Does anyone need it?

What is it? Google returns nothing except a family name or a us metal band.

Its our Patented technology.
The firmware has already capability built in. But its not exposed yet in the Cloud or Apps (or the Web GUI :slight_smile: )
I don’t want to release all the features it can yet, but one of the capabilities is: You can have multiple hubs but they will all work as one.

Its a “PRO” feature, where a serious home automation expert needs. This way, you remove the “dependency” on a single hub. (You will hear more about other capabilities and how it remove dependency as we launch the capability)

A ofcourse! It’s yours!

See the pattern?

And if you play it this way therese TONS OF LISTS the other way around.

Pathetic is what I call this way of doing debates.

what is your point?

What’s yours?

So why not contribute and bring all these in so that end users are better informed? This is for every product in the market.

1 Like

A bit puzzled as to why the Vera column isn’t filled out more? I would gess you have all information, and it would be a good benchmark as well?
The file is read only, if not, i could help to update it.

I think Z-way should be on the list as well, one of the best z-wave systems around…

really appreciate it, you could download a copy, make edits and upload it here as a zip file, our guys will take all that and update it. Thank you!

I made a copy of it that’s editable.

Considering Vera, I answered based on the whole range, as there’s only one column. I also added functionality that isn’t nessecarily native, but still is possible due to this amazing community. It’s the plugins/community that made me select Vera 5 years ago, not UI7. :wink:

Edit: Updated the HomeSeer column too.

1 Like

Is there any feature missing from this list?

I did add a couple under z-wave. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you! I’ve added in the excel all the info from Vera and Homeseer + I added 2 new capabilities:

• Z-Wave Route map (with possibility of manual routing)
  • Z-wave transmission statistics (Noise, foreign network, sent/lost)

Let me know if I missed something.

1 Like

good afternoon.
History record.
Full integration (sensors etc) on google home

1 Like

you need to ad the same awesome suport for HA as Vera line upp has.
you will never be able to compete with Home-assistant for people controlling every thing smart anyway, but adding support so one can use you hubb as we do toady with HA would be rely awesome.

Why is ezlo plus and secure in the list? I didn’t know that they are released, are they? And you missed Hubitat Elevation C7
Happy Christmas !
/Mattias

1 Like

Merry Christmas. Sorry for the delay in responding. It is a busy time. This is not an argumentative post, nor anything other than a factual explanation of much of my home automation setup. My main controlling software is a commercial application named XTention. It is Mac based, and has evolved since first introduced in the mid 1990s. It is fully compatible with the current macOS. It is being used by people and businesses around the world. We do our scripting within the app. All, except a couple, of switches in my home are Z-wave, of various generations. My Vera Plus is the modem between Z-Wave and XTention, the link is Ethernet. I also have a Vera Edge supporting my home energy monitoring hardware. The Edge also feeds to XTension. I have numerous motion sensors, some are Z-Wave, but many are 12 VDC with contact relays within. These feed to one of my Barionet 100s, which itself reports conditions back to XTention. Other contact closures through the Barionet include the garage door position. I have a couple of Z-wave sensors on other doorways. Also, through the Barionet 100 I have 19 one-wire thermometers at various places indoors and outdoors. These are all represented in the XTension database. While XT through Vera allows me to communicate with my HVAC thermostat, I can also influence furnace and the HRV directly, via Barionet relays and XTension. I still have three 4 button wired-in-wall X-10 transmitters, which through an X-10 interface report to XTension. I have a few other technologies in play, including a 12 VDC system which ensures that we are never in the dark unless we want to be. The 12 VDC lighting includes automotive and RV fixtures. The switching is in the Barionet relays, all controlled by XTension. All programming is done in XTension. When the garage door opens, XT brings up the appropriate lights, as programmed in the scripts for the door sensor. That is just one example. I could write pages about how my house presents itself to the outside world the same whether we are home or away. But getting to the point about HomeKit. XTension interfaces with HomeKit. I can say “Hey Siri, turn on the dining room table,” and the light comes on. “Turnoff the Kitchen,” and those three circuits go off (two are Z-Wave and the under cabinet 12 VDC system via the Barionet.) The point is that I can pick up any of my AppleTV remote pads to control any unit that I have linked, or trigger the running of a script that will affect a several lights - whatever I have programmed in the script. Of course, the HomeKit apps on my iOS and macOS devices provide the same control. I do not need to create scenes in Vera, nor do Z-Wave associations - everything is within XTension. I can monitor and control my home from anywhere in the world as long as I have an Internet connection, and access is well protected. When new technology becomes available, appropriate interfaces can be added to bring them into my system, as I may choose. The power and flexibility is tremendous. XTention is not just for home automation. There are many businesses and industrial locations that manage their operations with XTention. And, one of the best things is that XT is not a subscription product nor is it cloud based. Buy the app, install it on a Mac, and you are in total control. I am simply a user and have been for 20 plus year in three different homes. I have scripted enough that the house runs itself providing exact comfort (including humidity management) and energy efficient control. There is nothing on the market that comes close.

1 Like

Too bad is built under Microsoft code and not Linux.