Connecting Vera Edge U17 wirelessly to router

Just coming back to Vera Edge after a little rest.

I’m trying to connect it wirelessly to my router without success. Connecting fine with my Ethernet cable plugged into Vera Edge and my router. I go to Net & WiFi setting and select How does Vera connect to the Internet and select Through a WiFi Access Point. I select my SSID and my WPA2 password and save. It connects and tells me to remove my LAN cable which I do. I’m then presented again with the Vera login screen but it will not connect.

Has anyone any idea what I might be doing wrong here.

Hello Peter,

Make sure your Vera unit is running the latest available firmware then make sure you type in the correct wifi password. If this doesn’t work out, our Customer Care can give you a hand as well.
Contact details in my signature.

[quote=“Sorin, post:2, topic:198934”]Hello Peter,

Make sure your Vera unit is running the latest available firmware then make sure you type in the correct wifi password. If this doesn’t work out, our Customer Care can give you a hand as well.
Contact details in my signature.[/quote]

Yes just updated to the latest firmware yesterday.

In my case when the Ethernet cable is attached to the router and the VeraEdge the IP address being used by the VereEdge is 192.168.0.157. I select WiFi and Internet from the menu and select connect wirelessly. My routers wireless SSID is displayed which I select and it asks me for my WPA2 pass key which I enter. I’m prompted that connection is successful and to remove the Ethernet cable which I do. I am then presented with the Vera login screen which I log on to successfully. VeraEdge then informs me that it cannot connect and continues trying. As soon as I plug the Ethernet cable back in it connects.

I’m assuming the VeraEdge wireless network should be showing on my list of available wireless networks but all I see is my routers wireless network

Maybe I should ask the question a different way.

Has anyone managed to get their VeraEdge connect to their wireless network. If they did could you point me in the right direction on how to achieve this. I’ve tried the method I’ve outlined above without success.

Between technical support and myself problem now resolved.

For the benefit of anyone finding this thread in future, do you know what the problem/solution was?

Had to reset the router to allow Vera to connect wirelessly after I removed the ethernet cable.

I’m trying to install VeraEdge to my home network without using ethernet. The instructions are not clear.

Let me make sure I understand. Currently I have a vera edge. I have to keep it near my alarm panel so connecting it to my router has always been a challenge. I have a tp link repeater/extender plugged in near the vera and use a ethernet cable from there to my vera. I have seen the option to do something wirelessly, but I assumed it didn’t work or I would have heard of it before. If this is actually possible, it would save me a lot of problems. Can anyone confirm that they are able to connect their vera edge to their router without a cable?

Yes it’s connects with wireless to your router. Just make sure you have the Edge latest firmware installed.