Constant reboots on VeraPlus

It happened about 24 hours after my upgrade from UI5 Vera 3 to Veraplus and now, three weeks later I have the same: My VeraPlus is now in constant reboot. Still can access the interface in most cases but keeps rebooting. If I’m lucky I can fire an zwave command between the restarts. Restoring a previous backup does not solve the problem. Memory does not seem the issue. Can’t see anything obvious in the logs and did not make any changes before this happened.

Anyone else had this problem? Any tips ?

I have notified support over 36 hours ago but unfortunately no response yet.

Did you include restore z-wave (there is a separate checkbox for this) when you restored the backup ?

Same thing moving from vera 3 UI7 to V+
I’ve deleted non-functional devices - most of the bat powered devices - and also the scenes related to these devices.
Now it works, I’ve included again some of the device and rebuilts the scenes I need.

Seems a hell of allot of people (myself included) are struggling with constant restarts now.

Frustrating as ****

YOU MUST FIX OR REMOVE any Z-Wave Node that Vera is complaining about.

Something about bad nodes cause UI7 or the firmware in the new Z-Wave chips to become very unstable.
In my case it would go for a day or two, and then constant restarts.
Recoverd by doing a Backkup (Without create a Z-Wave backup) followed by a restore (WITH the Z-Wave restore cheked).
This restored Vera Plus to the current state with a PREVIOUSLY good Z-Wave configuration in the Z-Wave chip.

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:5, topic:191490”]YOU MUST FIX OR REMOVE any Z-Wave Node that Vera is complaining about.

Something about bad nodes cause UI7 or the firmware in the new Z-Wave chips to become very unstable.
In my case it would go for a day or two, and then constant restarts.
Recoverd by doing a Backkup (Without create a Z-Wave backup) followed by a restore (WITH the Z-Wave restore cheked).
This restored Vera Plus to the current state with a PREVIOUSLY good Z-Wave configuration in the Z-Wave chip.[/quote]

Please ignore my ignorance, I’m still learning but what is a bad node and what causes it?

Jim

It’s rebooting constant like every minute (also generating a huge amount of Vera Alerts, sorry…) and deleting any of the devices that might be the cause are not being picked up (so can’t get them off the system)

A bad Z-Wave node is a node that it has never been able to communicate with.
It has some type of RED error on the dashboard.

People that installed fresh (not upgrading from another unit, but excluding than including all of their z-wave devices) do not have this problem … because you can’t include a bad node.

I know, but my issue is I’m not able to delete these ones from the interface (I have 7 of these…). I get the delete dialog but it does not actually remove the devices. Probably because it’s already rebooting again.

In that case you may have to do a factory reset and build up your Z-wave network from scratch.
I had 2 days before it would get into a reboot cycle … and event then it was about 2 minutes between reboots which allowed me to do some recovery attempts.

Probably would try a restore first of a week old backup after a factory reset…

Only the thought of including +100 devices again makes me sick.

Also really disappointed that Support is not responding at all after +48 hours.

Update

• Factory reset done (6x pressing rest button on VeraPlus in 6 sec)
  • Reloaded 1 week old backup inc. zwave network (newer versions gave issues even though the reboot issue did only start later)
  • Back in business (and now able to delete the devices that where not connecting and might cause the issue)[/li][/list]

Still no response from support after 4 days…

I have found Support to be very responsive if you ring them. They even setup a follow-up call at the time of my choosing. Unfortunately they couldn’t revive my dead Plus though.

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:8, topic:191490”]A bad Z-Wave node is a node that it has never been able to communicate with.
It has some type of RED error on the dashboard.

People that installed fresh (not upgrading from another unit, but excluding than including all of their z-wave devices) do not have this problem … because you can’t include a bad node.[/quote]

Gotta second this approach; it takes a leap of faith, but my VeraPlus has behaved ever since.