Controller offline but it isn't...

VeraPlus with latest firmware…

When I login with my ip from my home network, my username/password works… but when I login from remote on home.getvera.com, the controller shows up as offline.

Also, even though the username is the same… my password on my home network for the same username is different… not sure how that happened, but it’s been like that for years.

=== IP Configuration ===
br-wan Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr x
inet addr:x Bcast:10.0.0.255 Mask:255.255.255.0
eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr x
eth0.1 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr x
inet addr:192.168.1.1 Bcast:192.168.1.255 Mask:255.255.255.0
eth0.2 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddrx
inet addr:127.0.0.1 Mask:255.0.0.0

External IP: x

=== Testing Gateway: x ===

GATEWAY:OK
=== Testing DnsServer: x ===

DNSSERVER1:OK
=== Testing DnsServer: x ===

DNSSERVER2:OK

=== Testing External Servers ===

GOOGLE.COM:OK

STA server: OK

EVT server: network errors detected
TS server tunnel connection: OK

FWD server: OK
FWD server tunnel connection: OK
SSH_TUNNELS:NONE
== DONE ==

After ugrading to the latest firmware my Veraplus shows the same symptoms.

Can access the GUI locally but when trying home.getvera.com my controller shows up as offline.
Restarting the controller does not help.

Genau das Problem habe ich auch …

I had that this morning when I did a factory reset. I just added a controller, it found it on my network, it updated some stuff on the Vera 3, and then it showed up where I could connect to it.

same thing with me. i’m really upset with this home thing. i’ve tried resetting it and nothing works!! I got rid of my other system as to make things easier/better. no such luck.

yes i have contacted support but back and forth its not resolved. waiting for them to call me.

I am seeing the same thing today. My VeraPlus is up and running and the internet connection is OK but when I try to log into it from home.getvera.com, it’s shows as offline.

My issue turned out to be out of space… so I uninstalled AltUI which sucks, but it’s the only way to give my vera enough free space to work.

Similar problem here. Unit down now, but the road to the failure was similar, with unit showing offline while it isn’t, factory reset and symptoms of memory problems.

Current problem:
[url=http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,55160.0.html]http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,55160.0.html[/url]

And a message ‘cannot write user data: system error’

I agree… I had the exact problem last week. It was driving me crazy. The symptom of the problem is “Controller Offline”, but actually, what has happened is that the box is out of space. Mine was so bad, that it took me more than five hard resets and fiddling around to finally clear it and perform a firmware upgrade. Vera is ridiculous. It should warn you when you are nearly out of space, especially if the condition is so fatal for the device.

1 Like

Same here today : “/usr/bin/GetLatestVersion.sh: line 139: can’t create /etc/cmh/version_latest: No space left on device”

This is really bad programming from vera… >:( >:( >:(

I had that too…
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,84365.0.html
resolved buy running some commands in the above thread

@Sorin, this thread needs to be merged with about 4-5 other “Controller Offline (but not)” topics across the Forum.

I will hold off posting my “Me, too” moment until that’s done.
THANKS!

• Libra