Cooper Aspire RF9500

Has anyone been able to get this battery operated switch to work with Vera firmware 1.7.569?
I would like to use the switch as a scene controller, either 1 or 2 button. I am able to add it to Vera, but I can’t get it to control a scene.

I have a few on UI7, but I only use them for direct association not as a scene controller. I did try it once, if you set the number of buttons on the device option tab, it does appear to put it into scene mode (as direct association stops working at that point), but I don’t think I was able to get a scene to trigger based on it after that. The only reliable scene controller that I know of for UI7 is the Aeotec Minimote.

Dragging up an old topic…

Forgive me… as I’m a bit new to using these types of devices. I have an RF9500 that I want to use as a remote light switch. One button turns the light on, the other turns the light off as listed above. I can’t for the life of me understand how to configure this unit to do that. I was able to add it to my vera, but once I get there, nothing seems logical.

Can anyone provide some guidance?

Thanks in advance!

You need to associate the switch to you light switch. You do this in the device options tab of the battery switch, first add association group 1, then you click the set button and check the name of the light switch you wan to control)then you save because it is a battery device it can take a couple of hours for the configuration to apply, it will show an error on the device (waiting toto wake up to config) until it wakes up and accepts the changes. You should then beagle to control you light switch from the battery powere one.

Thanks, shallowearth. This worked perfectly. I really appreciate the insight.

I’m still trying to get the Cooper RF9500 to operate a switch. I followed “shallowearth” instructions, and it appears the values were accepted, but pressing the buttons on the RF switch do nothing. Is there more that has to be configured to get it to work???

Update! I gave up on trying to program the RF switch, for a bit. When I came back to it, it worked! So apparently it takes several minutes for the configuration to become operational. CRAZY! I so wish manufacturers of devices would at least make the needed information to use their products on their websites, if nothing else. A site where device make/model numbers could be matched with controller make/model numbers and yield configuration and use information.

Sometimes it is Vera that needs the time. Many times I reboot Vera or reload LUUP to get changes to appear.

In this case it can take a while for the button to wake up and apply all changes.
You can hurry the process along by pressing configure Node now (in advanced settings) then reaptedly pushing the up/down buttons on the switch to keep it awake.