Create separate sensor for each rain sensor value

I have a rain sensor that displays the following values:

Current rain rate: 0.00 mm/hr
In the last 60 minutes: 0.00 mm
In the last 24 hours: 26.40 mm
In the last 7 days: 51.40 mm
In the last 12 months: 51.40 mm

Is it possible to create 5 separate sensors for each value?

What type of sensor is it? I am not aware of a device type of the rain sensor. If you already have one then it is easy to have multiple. Depending on the type they can be child devices or if it is an API, you can use Rigpapa’s site sensor plugin.

It is an Oregon Scientific sensor, connected to Vera via Rfxtrx, this model: Oregon Scientific PCR800 Wireless Rain Gauge for Professional Weather Stations | Oregon Scientific Store

What I meant was how does it show up on the vera? By device type, I meant to ask which device json file?

I do not know. Can you help me, tell me where I find the file?

Well it is because it does not exists, I looked. What you are essentially asking is for someone to write a plugin by creating a new device file and device type. With the nearing release of a new platform, you might want to ask the ownership to add integration for it. I just don’t know how you got it connected to the vera to begin with.

Thanks.

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,50878.0.html

A thread discussing another rain sensor which indeed does not have a device type.

you can easily use this device file:

I modified them to show data coming from my weather station. In your case, create a device manually and use some lua code to copy data over the new one.

I don’t know why you would have separate device, I think one is more than enough.

Yes in Vera web I see all of them correctly. But in a mobile application no. I’m also interested in seeing these values in the Home Assistant. The same situation is with the wind sensor.

[quote=“therealdb, post:9, topic:200449”]you can easily use this device file:

I modified them to show data coming from my weather station. In your case, create a device manually and use some lua code to copy data over the new one.[/quote]

Can you help me with creating a new sensor?

Search the forum via google, you?ll find a lot of examples. Sorry but I?m on mobile right now.

I’ve managed to create a virtual wind sensor. Can I send the value from the wind sensor to display only “wind gust”?

Yes. But first we need service and variable name. Go to the source device, then advanced, then variables. Take note of the variable name, move your mouse over and take note of the service name.

Repeat for the destination.

Now, you can write a scene with a trigger on the source variable, if this is part of a trigger. Or schedule a scene every x minute to copy. Search the forum to get how to read and write variables, or write back your variables here and I?ll help you.

Can you help me? I do not succeed by myself. I searched the forum and did not understand how to create a variable.

I found how to get the source sensor values through http:
http://192.168.1.22:3480/data_request?id=variableget&DeviceNum=191&serviceId=urn:upnp-org:serviceId:WindSensor1&Variable=GustSpeed (AvgSpeed/Direction)

Watching this thread, it all seems too painful for a relatively trivial need. Steep learning curve.

So, in the “Virtual Sensor” plugin, I’ve added the ability to create a virtual temperature, humidity, light, security, or generic sensor that simply copies its value from any variable in any other Vera device (and keeps it updated in real time). I’m submitting the update to the Vera plugin marketplace today and it should be available to install from there tomorrow. It’s available in the project’s Github repository now, and the AltAppStore (v1.4).

@rigpapa
I’ve also recently discovered the Reactor plugin.
Now with Virtual Sensor I have solved my problem.
You are a genius.
I’ll make a donation.
These plugins should be paid.
Thank you.

[quote=“TMC, post:17, topic:200449”]@rigpapa
I’ve also recently discovered the Reactor plugin.
Now with Virtual Sensor I have solved my problem.
You are a genius.
I’ll make a donation.
These plugins should be paid.
Thank you.[/quote]

I’ve already made the commitment to the community that I will never charge for Reactor (and not for Virtual Sensor, either). But donations in any amount are always appreciated!

I've already made the commitment to the community that I will never charge for Reactor (and not for Virtual Sensor, either). But donations in any amount are always appreciated!

With great pleasure I will make a donation.

Yeah, code is inevitable. Great addition to your plugin.