Danalock V3 - Veraplus problems

Hello,

Just got my Danalock V3 and installed it. Bluetooth is working fine.

Having problems pairing it to Vera. It took some time to understand that the paring should be triggered via the App (Menu/ Smart home)…

The App gets stuck on connecting… and never times out (need to crash app). Normally the V3 lightens upp after an app command, but not during the pairing process. I am wondering if the V3 is actually even trying to pair?
Any ideas?
Any whay to check if it is trying?

Thanks,

Bob

Hi I?ve run in to the same pairing issues.
Did you find a solution ?
Thanks.

hello,

I have been pairing it with my vera first, not within the app, but with a paper clip.

Then I tried bluetooth … but it was desactivated … because of the first z-wave pairing. I changed one parameter (5 set to 1) and bluetooth went on.

it works perfectly

So Danalock v3 is part on The Vera zwave network and is reporting state and is controlled by Vera if needed.

Hi, I am the Danalock distributor for Canada and sell to the US as well.I carry Vera as well.

I would love to learn more about everyone’s experience connecting the Danalock to Vera with Bluetooth and/or z-wave. I tried a Danalock V3 z-wave unit with a veraplus and found that it did not report the open-close state properly. I have not tried Bluetooth.

Greg Miller
Intelligent Homes Canada
https://shop.ihomes.io

[quote=“baldhead, post:3, topic:197306”]hello,

I have been pairing it with my vera first, not within the app, but with a paper clip.

Then I tried bluetooth … but it was desactivated … because of the first z-wave pairing. I changed one parameter (5 set to 1) and bluetooth went on.

it works perfectly[/quote]

I have added the euro z wave Danalock v3 as a generic device.
After that a configure node and pressed the little button on the lock.

IT reports locked and unlocked.
It also works everything but sometimes it seems to have trouble executing the command right away but it gets the job done.

Managed to install it pressing the little button as mentioned before.
I added it as a Polylock Danalock and it works as intended, very quickly and straight away.
Can control the lock from another country when i’m letting in guests.

Hi, I have been using two v3s for a couple of weeks now. They seem to drain batteries very fast, can manage maybe ~50 lock/unlocks until all 4 batteries are down. Did anybody else experience similar? Should I reconfigure something to reduce consumption? Thanks.

Regarding the battery: I have read that there might have been some issues with older firmware so now I have installed the latest firmware (https://danalock.com/manual-upgrade.html) and changed polling in Vera to 0. I hope this helps…

hi guys, can someone answer the following?

if you have a vera plus unit (which has bluetooth) do you need to buy the zwave version?

does range play a role in the answer?
are there functionality diffrences?

Thanks Alex

I don’t think that the lock’s BT can be used to connect to Vera, it is to connect to your phone. So if you want to use this with Vera I suppose you need the Z-wave version. This is only my thought.

Hi again,

I am now quite pleased with the Danaloc. It works very well.
Had some initial problems pairing, but that was mostly do to unclarity regarding how to do it: You need to needle the “reset button” at the top and NOT fumble with the Danaloc app as I thought.

Actually I find the Z-wave/Vera functionality better than Bluetooth/App:

• I typically fire upp my Vera app and can press a command much earlier than I get within range and get pairing with Bluetooth (But the iOS widget is pretty slick!).
  • Furthermore Vera gives me a more accurate status than App/Bluetooth which is often 100% wrong when it reconnects, i.e. closed is open and vice versa! :slight_smile:

Regarding batteries, I have no problems at all after the FW update and new batteries sent by Danaloc. In fact, I am a bit suspicious as the battery level is hardly shrinking after several months of usage! :slight_smile:

The downside is that I am getting a Vera alert everytime that there is a lock movement triggered by Vera: “Device changed state”. This is a bit irritating. Anyone know how to get rid of this?

• update with the new Vera/Danaloc V3 drivers (delete and reinstall)?
  • Lua code to selectively delete the alert each time my locking scen runs? I am not familiar with Lua but understand that the text is found in /etc/cmh/alerts.json?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Quick reply re alerts
Suggest that using the VeraAlerts adding is the best way to filter and notify alerts

Is it possible to filter alerts in VeraAlerts?
Unsure how?

Hi all

I’m seriously considering buying a Danalock v3 (z-wave-plus) lock, but before clicking the buy buttons I was just wondering is anyone is using them with their Vera today, and if so, could they take 2 mins to share their latest thoughts/ opinions ?