Dark Sky Morning Weather Report Over Sonos Stopped Working

While I’m at it …
Why does this happen?
“Event::Evaluate 14 scene Garage Door Sonos Alert is false repeat 0/1 <0x7724d520>”
This occurs often (sometimes 3 repeats) but only from this door’s TTS Scene.
All other TTS scenes do not repeat.
As usual Thanks for making Vera work!

That’s a message from Luup regarding scene execution.

Was that the correct file I attached for your review?

Hi
Any suggestions to get my non-cached TTS back to working?
Saw the curl option from the other TTS Azure trouble post.
Would that be benificial?
Im using a Vera Edge 1.7.4452
Hotfix 20273 installed.

Sure, give it a go.

No luck changing with the curl setting.
What did the log mean by “invalid protocol”?

Changed Azure key again (used key 2) Reloaded Luup Hard, F5 reloaded page then tried running a TTS from my Device 298 and No Luck.
Still not reaching Azure.

Please post another log of a Say action and what follows. Turn TTS debug on in the master device settings before running the test.

Okeedokee
Thanks for your persistence.
Attached are logs from 2 TTS attempts with TTS debug on.
Scene 420 is Weather Announcement scheduled at 10:30am.
(Has been working since we converted over from Reponsive Voice)
Scene 99 Happy Birthday Manual Scene.
Works once a year on my birthday.
:slight_smile:TTS #2 Happy Birthday Scene 99.pdf (14.9 KB) TTS #1 Dark Sky Weather Scene #420.pdf (21.2 KB)

HELP!
I am seeing a notification that Sonos “Unable to establish local ip See Log”
Your Sonos App is saying “Cant Detect Devise”
Offline Waiting for Proxy
Propietary Sonos App is working with all 9 speakers responding.
???
Shall I uninstall and reininstall Sonos App 2.0?

Rebooted Vera and all is back to normal but no uncached TTS Yet.
Are the logs ( “Unable to establish local ip See Log) Vera was telling me to see UPNP logs?

I’m looking at your logs right now. Please don’t change anything. Don’t uninstall or reinstall anything.

OK. I think I see it. The problem seems to be (a) you’re on an Edge, so you’re forced to use curl (the LuaSec library on Edge is seriously out of date so you have to use the curl workaround), and (b) Azure is issuing much longer bearer tokens than it used to (security enhancement?), and that’s causing the generated curl command to exceed the shell’s maximum line length (just the token by itself now exceeds the line length limit).

I’ve come up with yet another workaround, now implemented in the latest Hotfix package. So please go and install the latest hotfix package per the instructions in the pinned post in the Sonos category. Make sure you reload Luup, hard reload your browser, and then give it another go.

Yippie!
I will follow your instructions wizard. Report back oh great wizzard.
:smiley:

So…
No success yet.
Installed Hotfix 20282.
Reloaded Luup & Hard Reloaded (F5) Browser
Try to run 2 non cached TTS Scenes.
Weather & Happy Birthday.
“luup_log:639: Sonos: (tts) Engine “Azure Speech Service” produced no audio”
“Sonos: (tts) engine Azure Speech Service error: received zero-length file”
See attached logs.
Thanks for your help.TTS Try !0.8.20.pdf (20.0 KB)

Can you do a log file with debug on (only TTS) as previous?

Any chance you would upgrade to 7.0.31?

Hi Rigpapa
Attached are 10.9.20 Debug TTS files for SAY Commands as requested.
Non cached scenes are 10:30am Weather and & Happy Birthday manual Scene calls.

As far as upgrading to 7.0.31 …
I’M AFFRAID MR WIZZARD…
:slight_smile:
I have discussed this with Vera Support and they agree version 1.7.4452 is stable version for all my devices which includes 5 (old) GE Remotes (notoriously a problem to re-include after a Vera update), 10 MiniMotes, the Elk Security System App with 29 door & window sensors, 50 device lights/switches/wall modules, 5 WORKING Schlage locks & 4 water leak sensors.
That said …
If Rigpapa wants me to upgrade I am willing to take the challenge…
Seems like everything is working and the TTS Azure problem is
new. With your help I have been trouble free for a pretty longtime.
If a work around can’t be found for uncached TTS perhaps you and the forum can lead me to another option… MaryTTS?
I always wanted to have the option of famous voices to say the TTS Commands. Like Clint Eastwood, Arnold S, etc… if possible with another TTS… that would be cool…
Anyway Patrick you have provided expert guidance many times for hundreds of Vera users. Lakewood Jazz Say Commands10.9.20 TTS Starting AT 10AM.zip (3.9 MB) We thank you for caring.

For what it is worth, my non-cached announcements also stopped working late September and may be related to the below email i just received from MS. Being non - technical not sure what it all means…

# Action required: Review your Azure Services Certificate Authorities

We are updating Azure services in a phased manner to use Transport Layer Security (TLS) certificates from a different set of Root Certificate Authorities (CAs). This began 13 August 2020.

Your applications may be impacted if you explicitly specify a list of acceptable CAs (a practice known as  *certificate pinning* ).

We're making this change because the current CA certificates do not comply with one of the CA/Browser Forum Baseline requirements. This was reported on 1 July 2020 and impacts multiple popular Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) providers worldwide. Today, most of the TLS certificates used by Azure services are issued from the  *Baltimore CyberTrust Root*  PKI. Following this change, Azure services will use certificates issued by a different set of CAs (Certificate Authorities), chaining up to different Root CAs.

## Required action

Review [our documentation](https://aka.ms/AzureCertUpdate) which describes how to check if your application is impacted, and how to mitigate it. It includes the list of all the CAs that you must trust when using Azure services.