Data history limit?

re: MYIPport_3480/data_request?id=lr_EventWatcher&report=log

1.) Is there a limit on how much data is returned/reported on?
2.) Where is this data stored?

Yes, it’s determined by the [tt]CacheSize[/tt] device variable. Default = 1000 points.

2.) Where is this data stored?

In memory. That’s why the cache size is limited.

However, you’re also able to write out to a syslog server or a text file if your want to preserve the data beyond the lifetime of the cache.

So I added the LogDirectory variable. Do I need to do anything else for it to start to write to the log file, like restart anything?
Or is there a log file I can look at to see if there’s a problem?

I have a share mounted already for DataMine2… so I just created a folder there.

Yes, you’ll need to reload.

Or is there a log file I can look at to see if there's a problem?

Yes, EventWatcher writes to Vera’s LuUPnP.log file and also reports errors to syslog, IIRC, if you have it enabled.

I have a share mounted already for DataMine2... so I just created a folder there.

Yes, that’s what I used to do (when I ran dataMine.)

I’ve just put the EventWatcher documentation up on a sticky thread of its own so that it’s easier to find. It’s been a while since I changed anything here. Whilst I do run EventWatcher on all my Veras, my operational interface is AltUI running under openLuup and my data logging is handled by DataYours, so the sort of reporting that EventWatcher does is now somewhat less important to me. Nothing ever goes wrong with AltUI or openLuup :wink:

Yep, a reload works…

I tried to get into DataYours, but I like the way that EW and DataMine2 store/show/display data. The whisper db, with the way you have to pick the aggregation seemed strange to me. Maybe someone will sow me how wrong I am and how awesome it is and then I’ll add that back!