DataMine not working after update

I was very pleased with Datamine2, but after updating to V1.7.3798 I got the 404 Error…?
Tried everything. reinstalling, deleating the whole lot with WinSCP and reinstalling again… No such luck…
I got a new VeraPlus, after moving everything from a Vera 3 (1 Week of work) to a Vera Plus I had Datamine2 installed.
Everything set up, and very pleased with it.
Untill I upgraded to V1.7.3798… I got the 404 Error. Deleting everything and installing did not help anything.
Do not know what to do anymore, thinking of selling this piece of crap now.

I see the see the same thing on my VeraPlus v1.7.3798. Debug page comes up fine, but the graphing page results in a 404 error.

They pulled the firmware upgrade due to many problems. I would suggest downgrading or get customer care assistance. Then you could probably fix DataMine2 back again.

I just upgraded now, mine has the same error.

Logs:

50 05/17/18 20:46:22.689 luup_log:187: dataMine: Manual mounting to (/dataMine/) <0x77462520>
50 05/17/18 20:46:22.689 luup_log:187: dataMine: Mounting to UUID ‘0781:5406’ <0x77462520>
50 05/17/18 20:46:22.705 luup_log:187: dataMine: Error reading tmpfile during UUID check <0x77462520>
50 05/17/18 20:46:22.720 luup_log:187: dataMine: No UUID mount ‘0781:5406’ was found! <0x77462520>
50 05/17/18 20:46:22.738 luup_log:187: dataMine: Error reading tmpfile during mountcheck <0x77462520>

I’ll play with the mount options but I checked fdisk and lsusb.

I got it to work again. Formatted the USB and reinstalled the app. Then reboots and set the UUID manually as DM doesn’t pick it up automatically for some reason.

After updating to firmware 1.7.3831, DM2 seems to be working fine again. It looks like it was running and collecting data (to USB /sda2) all along, just the graphing page was not working. Only problem with the f/w update was it took out my VeraPlus. Had to perform multiple factory resets to get it to reboot after the update. But after that, it came up, restored a recent backup and all was back to normal.

I have the same problem Data Mine not working anymore after the latest firmware update. The manual of Data Mine mentions the following for Data Mine installation on a Vera Edge: "Note that the above dialogue will not populate on a VeraEdge system and so it will be necessary to enter manual mount settings e.g. SetDataDirectory to “/dataMine/” and SetMountPoint to “/dev/sda1”.

So I have set the data directory and the mount Point, but still no luck. You mention also the UUID - but I have no clue how to find that ID in the Vera Edge. Do you know how…?

I have the same problem: Data Mine not working anymore after the latest firmware update. The manual of Data Mine mentions the following for Data Mine installation on a Vera Edge: "Note that the above dialogue will not populate on a VeraEdge system and so it will be necessary to enter manual mount settings e.g. SetDataDirectory to “/dataMine/” and SetMountPoint to “/dev/sda1”.

So I have set the data directory and the mount point, but still no luck. You mention also the UUID - but I have no clue how to find that ID in the Vera Edge. Do you know how…?
(I have logging from Vera disabled - so I guess the inserted USB drive is only for Data Mine)

I have the same problem: Data Mine not working anymore after the latest firmware update. The manual of Data Mine mentions the following for Data Mine installation on a Vera Edge: "Note that the above dialogue will not populate on a VeraEdge system and so it will be necessary to enter manual mount settings e.g. SetDataDirectory to “/dataMine/” and SetMountPoint to “/dev/sda1”.

So I have set the data directory and the mount point, but still no luck. You mention also the UUID - but I have no clue how to find that ID in the Vera Edge. Do you know how…?
(I have logging from Vera disabled - so I guess the inserted USB drive is only for Data Mine)[/quote]

Hi,

I’m not sure if you have done SSH before but here is what you need to do.

1. download putty
  2. connect with your IP, SSH, port 22
  3. login with root and the password “may” be on your vera unit.
  4. type lsusb
  5. copy the correct UUID for your usb drive and input it in the variables tab

Thank you very much for the fast reply!

Yes I am a bit familiar with SSH/PuTTY since I am also running two Raspberry’s. Thx for the quick guide and all working again!!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Thx a bunch!

Most welcome![quote=“petclaud”]Thank you very much for the fast reply!

Yes I am a bit familiar with SSH/PuTTY since I am also running two Raspberry’s. Thx for the quick guide and all working again!!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Thx a bunch![/quote]

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I got the same 404 error with DN2 after upgrade to 1.7.3831. I checked my USB mount and DM flash is mounted fine. All other DM parameters are the same as before. DM plugin shows the correct number of channels.

DM debug shows no errors, In fact it is recording data events as normal.

I rebooted Vera several times to no effect.

After the upgrade I did not restore any backup. Everything seemed fine.

The only thing wrong is the 404-error when I go to the GUI.

Any ideas here??

Maybe check the security settings? Later firmware has made them more strict. Just a guess.

Good idea…ehh what security settings? Where?

See http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=81535.0

Users & Account Settings > Security

I don’t have high hope that this is a solution, but perhaps it is.

If there’s no error information and settings are all fine, I recommend uninstalling the plugin and reinstalling it. You might have to then reset your settings but I don’t think there’s a way around it.

Just a quick comment here, as I too had some issues with DataMine lately.
My situations was as follows:

• Accessing the dm-web gave error like “cannot communicate with vera”, and both versions showed --.–.
  • Accessing spesific graphs gave a similar error message.
  • Accessing dataMine debug page gave “No Handler”.
  • The dataMine device showed 0 channels, instead of my normal 38…

Root cause: Corrupted data on the USB.
Solution:

• Took out the USB, put it in my Windows Computer and accepted that it should “scan and fix” it.
    This did not fix datamine directly though (idk if it mattered at all, but I’ll mention it nontheless…)…
  • Looked at the files through WinSCP; The dataMineConfig.json file was just jibberish, as was the last four backups. The fifth backup was OK so replaced dataMineConfig.json with that.
  • Looked at the datafiles: For all logged devices the last four files was loads of nonsense… Deleted these four files for all devices.
    After an engine reload dataMine was back on track.

Before this I had tried what was mentioned in this thread, reinstalling dataMine, reconfiguring etc. But to no avail.
I guess the corrupted files was the reason all along, and the config file was so corrupted that it caused dataMine to crash upon loading, hence causing the debug page as well to be dead…
Whether this had any connection to the FW upgrade I cant tell, but at least I’m back on track for now…

Thanks for that, I’ll use this method in the future. I ended up formatting the whole usb at one point but I’ll remember this for the future.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk