DataYours Beta Test - VERSION 2

Yes, if that’s where you want your storage. However, having got USB going (?) then you might want to redirect the LOCAL_DATA_DIR to a directory there.

Note that several of the daemons need this configuration variable individually changed.

[quote=“akbooer, post:427, topic:181793”]Yes, if that’s where you want your storage. However, having got USB going (?) then you might want to redirect the LOCAL_DATA_DIR to a directory there.

Note that several of the daemons need this configuration variable individually changed.[/quote]

Yes the USB seems to work but at the moment I prefer to use the local storage so I don’t introduce a potential problem.

When I use the link you suggested in the previous post now I get the “no handler” msg

tnks donato

Have you added [tt]Graph[/tt] and [tt]Dash[/tt] to the [tt]DAEMONS[/tt] list, as you did for [tt]Cache[/tt]? it should look something like this now:

Watcher, Cache, Graph, Dash

Have you added [tt]Graph[/tt] and [tt]Dash[/tt] to the [tt]DAEMONS[/tt] list, as you did for [tt]Cache[/tt]? it should look something like this now:

Watcher, Cache, Graph, Dash [/quote]

NO !! It was clear …sorry…

Hi akbooer,

attached the result … :slight_smile:

wonderful… you’re great …

donato

Really excellent news - I’m sorry the road was a bit longer and rougher than I thought. But you did volunteer Now get some data logged!

Here’s what the devices display looks like when you link 4 Veras together (205 total devices!). Of course, you can click down through the machines and categories to make things more visible. Let me know when you want to connect your machines together in this way!

I’m sure this isn’t the last challenge, but thanks for help with beta testing of this UI7 version before it goes into the App Store. Do let us all know how it goes.

[quote=“akbooer, post:432, topic:181793”]Really excellent news - I’m sorry the road was a bit longer and rougher than I thought. But you did volunteer Now get some data logged!

Here’s what the devices display looks like when you link 4 Veras together (205 total devices!). Of course, you can click down through the machines and categories to make things more visible. Let me know when you want to connect your machines together in this way!

I’m sure this isn’t the last challenge, but thanks for help with beta testing of this UI7 version before it goes into the App Store. Do let us all know how it goes.[/quote]

Ok I’ll take you informed on how it goes and if I need your support .

donato

Just upgraded the firmware on my Vera Edge to 1.7.961… Couldn’t log in remotely after the upgrade and support had to “remove some cache files” in order to get my remote access back… Now DataYours is not working… I get the following error…

[string “module (“DataDash2”, package.seeall)…”]:141: attempt to concatenate upvalue ‘ROOT’ (a nil value)

[ul][li]So this was installed before the firmware update and working previously?[/li]
[li]How did you install it?[/li]
[li]what version number is the DataCache source file?[/li][/ul]

[quote=“akbooer, post:435, topic:181793”][ul][li]So this was installed before the firmware update and working previously?[/li]
[li]what version number is the DataCache source file?[/li][/ul][/quote]

Yes it was installed and working perfectly…

I installed it manually following the instructions in the DataYours: User Guide - version 2014.06.30

Not sure… Is this what you are asking for? local version = “2014.07.10 DataCache2 @akbooer

Thx for the help…

[quote=“Vandamme23, post:436, topic:181793”][quote=“akbooer, post:435, topic:181793”][ul][li]So this was installed before the firmware update and working previously?[/li]
[li]what version number is the DataCache source file?[/li][/ul][/quote]

Yes it was installed and working perfectly…

I installed it manually following the instructions in the DataYours: User Guide - version 2014.06.30

Not sure… Is this what you are asking for? local version = “2014.07.10 DataCache2 @akbooer

Thx for the help…[/quote]

Revisited the install insturctions to make sure everything was in place… The carbon.conf file was no longer there… I replaced it, rebooted, and can now get a bit further… Now when attempting to watch a variable, I get
Status messsage = [string “module (“whisper2”, package.seeall)…”]:637: Cannot create file ‘%s’

[quote=“Vandamme23, post:437, topic:181793”]Now when attempting to watch a variable, I get
Status messsage = [string “module (“whisper2”, package.seeall)…”]:637: Cannot create file ‘%s’[/quote]

[ul][li]This is a write permissions problem with the database. What is the value of LOCAL_DATA_DIR (in the [tt]carbon.conf[/tt] file? Available on the configuration page of any of the daemons.)[/li]
[li]Are you using local storage, USB, or CIFS?[/li]
[li]Are you sure that the path is now (after ‘upgrade’) accessible from Vera?[/li][/ul]

This is not the latest version, but if it was working before then it should be OK.

I am currently preparing a UI7-safe version for the App store (which should make installation easier.)

[quote=“akbooer, post:438, topic:181793”][quote=“Vandamme23, post:437, topic:181793”]Now when attempting to watch a variable, I get
Status messsage = [string “module (“whisper2”, package.seeall)…”]:637: Cannot create file ‘%s’[/quote]

[ul][li]This is a write permissions problem with the database. What is the value of LOCAL_DATA_DIR (in the [tt]carbon.conf[/tt] file? Available on the configuration page of any of the daemons.)[/li]
[li]Are you using local storage, USB, or CIFS?[/li]
[li]Are you sure that the path is now (after ‘upgrade’) accessible from Vera?[/li][/ul]

This is not the latest version, but if it was working before then it should be OK.

I am currently preparing a UI7-safe version for the App store (which should make installation easier.)[/quote]

Using CIFS… and it looks like my mount is gone after the upgrade… I tried to re-install it, but now get errors when trying to run the packages…

Yes, I’m afraid that’s happened to all of us on the latest UI7 version(s).

Not sure if anyone has pursued this with the Vera folk?

I am new to Vera and DataYours. I have installed Akbooer’s Version3 Beta for UI7. I got Watcher and Cache devices created. But I a having trouble getting Graph and Dash to run. The Daemon value in DataYours device always revert back to “Watcher, Cache” after reboot.

I had the same problem with Watcher after getting DataYours created. So I just uploaded files for Watcher and Cache and then rebooted twice (maybe more times). Then both Watcher and Cache devices were created. Now have all files for Graph and Dash uploaded. But as just mentioned, the Daemon property values doesn’t seem to persist.

Any idea here?

[quote=“dreamcryer, post:441, topic:181793”]I am new to Vera and DataYours. I have installed Akbooer’s Version3 Beta for UI7. I got Watcher and Cache devices created. But I a having trouble getting Graph and Dash to run. The Daemon value in DataYours device always revert back to “Watcher, Cache” after reboot.

I had the same problem with Watcher after getting DataYours created. So I just uploaded files for Watcher and Cache and then rebooted twice (maybe more times). Then both Watcher and Cache devices were created. Now have all files for Graph and Dash uploaded. But as just mentioned, the Daemon property values doesn’t seem to persist.

Any idea here?[/quote]

Restart 4 times in a row fixed it :slight_smile:

OK, glad to hear it. I was about to suggest that you just check that you had clicked outside the DAEMONS box and waited for the value to update before restarting.

I understand the technical reasons why two restarts are required, but four seems a bit excessive!

[quote=“akbooer, post:443, topic:181793”]OK, glad to hear it. I was about to suggest that you just check that you had clicked outside the DAEMONS box and waited for the value to update before restarting.
I understand the technical reasons why two restarts are required, but four seems a bit excessive![/quote]

My guess was that Dash depends on Graph. So rebooting twice was not enough for Dash to be configured. And since I had all files for Graph and Dash uploaded, the configuration for Dash probably failed and cleaned up the Daemon value somewhere when Luup engine loads up if I reload browser. Rebooting 4 times in a row without reloading the browser probably allowed all configuration to complete without interruption.

Sorry I did not have time to do more testing and debugging. If you are interested in ping-pointing the root cause, point me to the log entries that I should look for or add more logs to the log, I can probably do the investigation next weekend.

[quote=“tomtcom, post:375, topic:181793”]Interesting…

So, I installed ksmod-fs-cifs. I read here we need cifsmount which contradicts earlier posts I made about installing it: CIFS Client [Old OpenWrt Wiki].

Ironically I swear to you I tried opkg install cifsmount and it didn’t work. After installing the ksmod-fs-cifs I did eventually reboot and ran opkg install cifsmount.

Installing cifsmount (1.5-2) to root…
Downloading http://download.mios.com/firmware/openwrt/ramips/packages/cifsmount_1.5-2_ramips.ipk.
Configuring cifsmount.

So…whatever I guess…
Still didn’t work, only getting no file or directory exists.

Went back here: CIFS Client [Old OpenWrt Wiki]
I installed the special packages: opkg install kmod-nls-utf8 kmod-nls-base kmod-crypto-hmac kmod-crypto-md5 kmod-crypto-misc cifsmount

I then did mount.cifs //myip/share /tmp/tom -o user=myusername
You can put a password, I just let it prompt me.

So that actually worked. Now I go into /tmp/tom and do an ls. Another error…
Led me to this: GNU Core Utilities Frequently Asked Questions
So perhaps the share needs to be smaller…

Running out of time tonight but that’s progress I supose.

One quick update, also did it from /mnt/tom and it is working but still the exact same error.[/quote]

Try use --force-depends when installing the packages, then reboot. I have successfully mounted my NAS on VeraEdge.

Yes, I’m afraid that’s happened to all of us on the latest UI7 version(s).

Not sure if anyone has pursued this with the Vera folk?[/quote]

Ok… I have my CIFS mount back… I’m not sure what was done, but I logged a case with Vera about losing my mount after the upgrade. They replied on 2/24 and I enabled Tech Support. Got an email back today asking me to try again… Ran the following commands and my mount is working again…

1.opkg install kmod-fs-cifs
2.mount -t cifs -o user=,pass= //myip/myshare /nas