DataYours Beta Test - VERSION 2

@akboer

I have uploaded the file again and it seems be working
Thanks
Rgds
Huib

Verstuurd van mijn GT-P3110 met Tapatalk

@akbooer
Thanks for helping via PM and your patience, it is working now.
The home-page is loading fast and it looks good. Now I have just to wait for the db to fill 8)

Having dataMine up and running smoothly, I went ahead in trying to migrate to DataYours2.
For dataMine I’m using a USB stick for which a dataMine directory in the vera root exist. The dataMine plug in has created a “database” folder under the dataMine directory.
I have created a subdirectory /dataMine/whisper as the Whisper database directory using WinSCP. The files storage-schemas.conf and storage-aggregation.conf are both located in this directory.
The file carbon.conf located in /www refers to LOCAL_DATA_DIR = /dataMine/whisper/. This is the only parameter I have changed in this file.
Completed the steps 1 thru 4 registered under “Quick Start” in the accompanying pdf file.
Item 5 http://[VeraIP]:3480/data_request?id=lr_dashboard2&page=home delivers the attached screenshot with black screen for whisper and graphs and no devices under “Devices”. The Configuration tab provides output.
I presume Whisper and Graph screen are dependent upon “Devices” configured, I’m concentrating on the database issue.
Checking: /data_request?id=lr_DataCash&show=client and /data_request?id=lr_DataCache&whisper=/whisper/ deliver “No handler”
Any guidance would be appreciated.
Rgds
Dick

There is no “DataCash” handler… perhaps this is a typo? Also, “DataCache” should be “DataCache2”.

Clearly, DataDash2 is running, since that’s what produces the screenshot you posted. If you are convinced you have uploaded all the install files correctly, then I would start by taking a look at the require statements in your startup (or Lua Test).

Can you post or PM the result of

http://<YourVeraIP>:3480/data_request?id=lr_DataDash2&page=config

@icare

Further to our PMs, here’s an updated file to try. The sequence to follow is:

[ol][li]install the file and restart (or you can just paste into Lua Test and run it without having to restart)[/li]
[li]click on the Devices button - the display should still be blank but it will generate an internal diagnostic…[/li]
[li]…so visit the URL [tt]http://:3480/data_request?id=lr_DataDash2&page=config[/tt][/li]
[li]PM the result[/li][/ol]

As mentioned, I think this may be an HTTP access control configuration issue on your Vera - I do know how to avoid it, so if it IS this, then it can be easily fixed.

Thanks.

…and another file to try in the same way. This time, with an attempt at a fix (hard, when you don’t know what the problem is)

Attachment as per PM request.

result of /data_request?id=lr_dashboard2&page=metrics in Chrome

Latest DataDash with dataMine enabled…

Icons

dataMine interface result as per the attachment

Well, at least the dataMine extensions work OK. The raison d’etre for the treemap style of display becomes obvious once you build up a more comprehensive list of channels, per the attached (which also shows that I turned dataMine off nearly 3 months ago.)

yet another Lua file to try - with better instrumentation around the Devices data structure.

[ol][li]load or run the file[/li]
[li]go to the Devices page (OK, it doesn’t work)[/li]
[li]go to the Configuration page[/li]
[li]PM the contents of the lower part (scrollable) of the display[/li][/ol]

Thanks

Hi Akbooer,

Finally got round to giving this a go. Going to use cifs instead of nas. will use;

LOCAL_DATA_DIR = //<my_share_ip>/veralogs/datayours2/

Where or how do I add user name and password for the share?

Thank you for you work on this and help you may be able to offer.

I use CIFS to access my NAS. DataYours (or Graphite / Carbon / Whisper, for that matter) does not include any functionality to mount external drives… I saw how much of a pain that was for dataMine and decided to avoid it entirely. The directory for the Whisper database has to be accessible already.

However, I did separately publish a bit of code which will do a CIFS mount, password and all. It’s here [url=http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,24669.msg172195.html#msg172195]http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,24669.msg172195.html#msg172195[/url].

Hi thanks for the quick reply :slight_smile:

So I think I got that all working - got luup error first but then noticed silly typo - now all good.

When saving a device to watch I get the below error though?

Status messsage = [string “module (“whisper2”, package.seeall)…”]:637: Cannot create file ‘%s’

Storage issue?

Yup, that’s a storage issue still. Something wrong with the mount? Any error messages from that? If you ssh to Vera can you see (using df) that the disk is mounted?

yikes long time since i did that check - let me think and have a go to check :slight_smile:

EDIT:

okay so winscp in, open console, typed df, can see ip and folder listd but nothing next to it?

perhaps remover the last “/” here?

LOCAL_DATA_DIR = //<my_share_ip>/veralogs/datayours2/

so it becomes:

LOCAL_DATA_DIR = //<my_share_ip>/veralogs/datayours2

Yes, that should certainly be better, no trailing “/”, as per the edited comments in that original post with the code attachment.

Is it working now?

Hi, started from scratch before getting some rest and got it all working. I had made many silly mistakes on paths etc. Once I engaged my brain properly all worked. Keep the trailing “/” as made no difference in the end. As a aside pdf states to keep it also.

Couple of things. Is the .lua file posted a few posts back the same as the one in the fist post or do I need to update?

Also just looking at setting up things to monitor. All a bit different but looks great. Could you give me quick example of setting up how to monitor a temperature every say 30 minutes fod an indefinate period?

Thankscagain for this looks fab :slight_smile: