DataYours Beta Test - VERSION 2

[quote=“akbooer, post:420, topic:181793”]Yup, expected that.

This should fix that message, but you should already see your device variables now.

Change the [tt]DAEMONS[/tt] variable to “Watcher”[/quote]
akbooer Great !!

The error msg is disappeared and a child device (Watcher) was created…

Then I’ve defined Cache and I left /nas/ as local destination.

The child cache has been created.

But now when I click on the Dashboard link present in the main device I get a blank screen.

I’ve to actived something else ?

Tnks

donato

You’re way ahead of me!

But now when I click on the Dashboard link present in the main device I get a blank screen. I've to actived something else ?

Yes, there’s two more daemons I’ve not yet posted:

[ul][li][tt]DataGraph[/tt] - this is the engine that does the graphics[/li]
[li][tt]DataDash[/tt] - this is the dashboard interface[/li][/ul]

At this stage, you could simply route the data to your other machine and start plotting stuff from there, but I think you didn’t want to do that. Also, if you leave the directory as [tt]/nas[/tt] you will have to physically create that root directory on your Vera ([tt]mkdir[/tt]) since [tt]DataYours[/tt] will not do it for you.

I’ll post the missing daemons shortly.

Here’s [tt]DataGraph[/tt], install is for as the two previous daemons.

And [tt]DataDash[/tt]…

This link will not currently work. Instead, to get to the dashboard, use:

http://<YourVeraIP>:3480/data_request?id=lr_dashboard2&page=home

…you should be on familiar territory now.

Hi akbooer,

tnks for your support and excuse me for the question . Where do I have to define the /nas directory ? At root level of Vera ?

tnks

donato

Yes, if that’s where you want your storage. However, having got USB going (?) then you might want to redirect the LOCAL_DATA_DIR to a directory there.

Note that several of the daemons need this configuration variable individually changed.

[quote=“akbooer, post:427, topic:181793”]Yes, if that’s where you want your storage. However, having got USB going (?) then you might want to redirect the LOCAL_DATA_DIR to a directory there.

Note that several of the daemons need this configuration variable individually changed.[/quote]

Yes the USB seems to work but at the moment I prefer to use the local storage so I don’t introduce a potential problem.

When I use the link you suggested in the previous post now I get the “no handler” msg

tnks donato

Have you added [tt]Graph[/tt] and [tt]Dash[/tt] to the [tt]DAEMONS[/tt] list, as you did for [tt]Cache[/tt]? it should look something like this now:

Watcher, Cache, Graph, Dash

Have you added [tt]Graph[/tt] and [tt]Dash[/tt] to the [tt]DAEMONS[/tt] list, as you did for [tt]Cache[/tt]? it should look something like this now:

Watcher, Cache, Graph, Dash [/quote]

NO !! It was clear …sorry…

Hi akbooer,

attached the result … :slight_smile:

wonderful… you’re great …

donato

Really excellent news - I’m sorry the road was a bit longer and rougher than I thought. But you did volunteer Now get some data logged!

Here’s what the devices display looks like when you link 4 Veras together (205 total devices!). Of course, you can click down through the machines and categories to make things more visible. Let me know when you want to connect your machines together in this way!

I’m sure this isn’t the last challenge, but thanks for help with beta testing of this UI7 version before it goes into the App Store. Do let us all know how it goes.

[quote=“akbooer, post:432, topic:181793”]Really excellent news - I’m sorry the road was a bit longer and rougher than I thought. But you did volunteer Now get some data logged!

Here’s what the devices display looks like when you link 4 Veras together (205 total devices!). Of course, you can click down through the machines and categories to make things more visible. Let me know when you want to connect your machines together in this way!

I’m sure this isn’t the last challenge, but thanks for help with beta testing of this UI7 version before it goes into the App Store. Do let us all know how it goes.[/quote]

Ok I’ll take you informed on how it goes and if I need your support .

donato

Just upgraded the firmware on my Vera Edge to 1.7.961… Couldn’t log in remotely after the upgrade and support had to “remove some cache files” in order to get my remote access back… Now DataYours is not working… I get the following error…

[string “module (“DataDash2”, package.seeall)…”]:141: attempt to concatenate upvalue ‘ROOT’ (a nil value)

[ul][li]So this was installed before the firmware update and working previously?[/li]
[li]How did you install it?[/li]
[li]what version number is the DataCache source file?[/li][/ul]

[quote=“akbooer, post:435, topic:181793”][ul][li]So this was installed before the firmware update and working previously?[/li]
[li]what version number is the DataCache source file?[/li][/ul][/quote]

Yes it was installed and working perfectly…

I installed it manually following the instructions in the DataYours: User Guide - version 2014.06.30

Not sure… Is this what you are asking for? local version = “2014.07.10 DataCache2 @akbooer

Thx for the help…

[quote=“Vandamme23, post:436, topic:181793”][quote=“akbooer, post:435, topic:181793”][ul][li]So this was installed before the firmware update and working previously?[/li]
[li]what version number is the DataCache source file?[/li][/ul][/quote]

Yes it was installed and working perfectly…

I installed it manually following the instructions in the DataYours: User Guide - version 2014.06.30

Not sure… Is this what you are asking for? local version = “2014.07.10 DataCache2 @akbooer

Thx for the help…[/quote]

Revisited the install insturctions to make sure everything was in place… The carbon.conf file was no longer there… I replaced it, rebooted, and can now get a bit further… Now when attempting to watch a variable, I get
Status messsage = [string “module (“whisper2”, package.seeall)…”]:637: Cannot create file ‘%s’

[quote=“Vandamme23, post:437, topic:181793”]Now when attempting to watch a variable, I get
Status messsage = [string “module (“whisper2”, package.seeall)…”]:637: Cannot create file ‘%s’[/quote]

[ul][li]This is a write permissions problem with the database. What is the value of LOCAL_DATA_DIR (in the [tt]carbon.conf[/tt] file? Available on the configuration page of any of the daemons.)[/li]
[li]Are you using local storage, USB, or CIFS?[/li]
[li]Are you sure that the path is now (after ‘upgrade’) accessible from Vera?[/li][/ul]

This is not the latest version, but if it was working before then it should be OK.

I am currently preparing a UI7-safe version for the App store (which should make installation easier.)

[quote=“akbooer, post:438, topic:181793”][quote=“Vandamme23, post:437, topic:181793”]Now when attempting to watch a variable, I get
Status messsage = [string “module (“whisper2”, package.seeall)…”]:637: Cannot create file ‘%s’[/quote]

[ul][li]This is a write permissions problem with the database. What is the value of LOCAL_DATA_DIR (in the [tt]carbon.conf[/tt] file? Available on the configuration page of any of the daemons.)[/li]
[li]Are you using local storage, USB, or CIFS?[/li]
[li]Are you sure that the path is now (after ‘upgrade’) accessible from Vera?[/li][/ul]

This is not the latest version, but if it was working before then it should be OK.

I am currently preparing a UI7-safe version for the App store (which should make installation easier.)[/quote]

Using CIFS… and it looks like my mount is gone after the upgrade… I tried to re-install it, but now get errors when trying to run the packages…

Yes, I’m afraid that’s happened to all of us on the latest UI7 version(s).

Not sure if anyone has pursued this with the Vera folk?