Determine where a device is used / referenced?

Hey folks,

I hope this doesn’t fall under the stupid question category, but I was just wondering if there a way to query a specific device and determine where it’s referenced in conditions logic?

I know I can go under a particular device and click “scenes” and it will tell me if the device is used in any of vera’s native scenes, but this of course does not work if a device is being called from a reactor sensor activities tab for instance.

Got me thinking that it would be cool to have some sort of query that would identify where a particular device is referenced, not only in activities, but maybe also conditions logic? Might also be really helpful when tracing “missing devices” after device replacement or exclude/re-include.

Is there any way to report everywhere a particular device is referenced?

Thanks!

1 Like

You asked the very question(s) I’ve been pondering for some time. It’s the same kind of functionality we have become accustomed to (under Devices > device > ► > Scenes) for finding which Scene(s) use that device, right?

It would be nice if Reactor could somehow either register itself as using a particular device, or otherwise allow us to search all Reactor sensors for matching device name/number.

Like you, I’ve found myself wanting this feature every time I had to re-include a device (so that it’s Device_ID changed).

• Libra

Not fully addressing the issue cleanly, but if you generate a logic summary from the Reactor master device, you can search the text for all references to the device. A workaround for now.

1 Like

Yep, you bet Libra, that’s exactly what I was thinking. Just go under devices, device, scenes and boom, you’d see a list of everywhere it’s referenced.

Thanks Patrick! I never thought to try that. Not a bad workaround, at least it will let me use searching capabilities rather than opening up each reactor sensor on it’s own and searching for the device! Thanks for suggesting this!!! :slight_smile:

Maybe the whole shabang as a future feature request eh? :grin:

1 Like