Device is not responding

Alexa to Vera Plus is fantastic, now. It used to have a delay and sometimes could not see a response from the unit. As of a few days ago all those issues seem to be gone. 1 second response now!

Just bought two Amazon echos to after discovering this skill, but immediately after installing, I’m getting ‘The hub Living Room lamp connected to isn’t responding. Please check on the hub’ from Alexa and Server is unresponsive when I try through the app. EVERY TIME. I have a VeraLite on the latest firmware and it’s working when controlling my devices through scenes and fibaro switches.

Has anyone solved this issue? Any alternatives out there to bridge Alexa, or did I just buy two devices in vain?? :frowning:

I just upgraded to UI7 and enabled this skill today and no device has “responded” yet to me either

EDIT - I had to switch Alexa to my user - it was under my wife’s user. See http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,49122.0.html for more info on what my issue was

I believe I have narrowed down the issues of Hub not responding and device not responding. I have three different wi-fi groups of both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz networks. My question is should I connect to the vera wi-fi or my router wi-fi which then routes to the Vera. I believe the answer is that I should directly connect the W-Fi to the Vera Wi-Fi. I am mostly wondering if then the connection to the internet would have the same issues.

old thread I know, anyone got an answer to this one?

I see this issue and up until now haven’t really pushed forward with the Alexa integration for that reason but I have Alexa in enough places around the house that it would be useful to revisit.

thanks

I have been running the Vera official skill for many months now and have no problems with ?device not found?. However I am using the Vera Plus Ethernet port since it?s co-located with my router. If possible I?d try the same setup and see if your problem goes away to get rid of this variable.

thanks for the response, been using Ethernet direct to my switch for the entire time I have had a Vera, wifi disabled.

I thought it might be internet speed related but from the looks of the posts even those with fast internet have had the problem. Also internet fine works fine for all other devices/HA integration I have. Alexa itself works fine for all other functionality :slight_smile:

hello Gang
find a solution for not responding device with vera and alexa cloud. it’s a problem with the subcategory_num (advanced option). by defaut it 0 (on/off switch). put it on subcategory_num 2 (Exterior) and they will start responding with alexa. it s not the better option but it fix the problem. the probleme is only with on/off switch. short the device by ‘‘type’’ and you will find it. i open a request (219692) if they can fit it

Interesting proposed solution! About 10% of the time, my verbal instructions to Alexa seem to have the “Not Responding” type of delay described above, but I’ve been ignoring it as a necessary evil.

Will have to give your modification a spin to see if it has the desired effect!

THANKS! - Libra

I have a problem with Scenes, they all say not responding. I have disabled the Alexa Skill and reneabled it but scenes still don’t work!

Its very frustrating!!

This happened to me 3x in a row this morning. “Alexa, turn on the computer” (usually executes immediately, by turning ON a virtual switch named “The Computer” created by and linked with the WoLPlus plug-in, which sends my laptop a magic packet).

Instead, she replied, “Sorry, the computer is not responding.” Repeated this back-and-forth twice. (Computer sometimes used to turn on a few seconds later, anyway, but not this time.)

I had to cross the room and turn it on manually. WHAT AM I, A CAVEMAN??? Anyway, I’m keeping an eye on this hiccup and will report if it becomes a chronic problem.

2 Likes

My assumption is that this is a failure between clouds in that every time I’ve had it either repeating the command or executing locally (i.e. hitting a local controller button) has resolved it

C

1 Like

So I’ve noticed that if the device says “Device NOT responding” on the Vera web page or in the Vera app, Alexa says it’s not responding and will not turn it on or off. If you manually hit the switch it still will not work with alexa

If you turn the device on with the Vera app or the with the Vera web interface, alexa will work even if it still says “Device NOT responding”.

I have several iNovelli dimmers GEN 1 and 2 saying “purging associations” that react the same way, even when they don’t have the “Device NOT responding” message.

after “some # of minutes”, alexa will not be able to control it again.

if you look at the devices in the alexa app on your phone it will have no note underneath the label or say not responding.
working devices have a green dot and say new device under them

So my question is, is there Vera side a command that can be sent every few minutes just to bump them back alive?

Well this does seem to work after changing fro sub-cat 0 to 2. I have a lot of devices which set themselves up as subcategory 0 which is apparently an illegal sub-category !
Thanks for the tip.

Update 3: I was able to link the ezlo app in alexa on the 3rd try. However this didn’t fix the issue. I still cannot control device via the alexa app or by voice. Still getting “Server is unresponsive”. How can I fix this???

Update 2: I disabled the Ezlo Smart Home Control skill in Alexa and tried to enable it. I get “Unable to link Ezlo Smart Home Control with Alexa” error. Does this mean something is down? How can I fix this?

Update: When I try to control a device with the Alexa app it says “server is unresponsive”. How can I fix this?

With a thread this old you’d hope this would be resolved already but it isn’t.

Every month or so Alexa will start saying “ is not responding”. Most times the device does respond, just a little delayed but for the past few days the device are not responding.

I can control them via the Vera and MiOS apps.

I have rebooted the hub (Ezlo Secure running v2.0.38.2193.2) but that did not fix the issue.

These voice commands have worked well but then all of a sudden they just stop working.

What can I do to restore functionality???

Any update on this case? I have the same issue for more than 6weeks now, it was working before that