Device misbehaving/ignoring Reactor logic

So you got me to thinking and I reviewed my system a bit tonight. I’ve got two Reactor instances running to flip HOME and AWAY based on GPS. The scenes I’d been using are there but turned off ahead of decomming them.

Looking at this, with Logo I think I can even do away with the Reactor instances and go with what I noted earlier, the status of the here location “device.” Lobo created.

NIGHT mode still has me stumped. Maybe I just use only that one in Vera-speak… dunno. I’ve been playing around with Home Assistant a bit given the dev path of Vera devices seems dark.

And now today the fountain is turning itself back on like it was, ignoring criteria in Reactor (specifically the countdown of 1500 seconds once wind speed is below 2mph.)

Beyond frustrated atm. Sending you logs via email, @rigpapa

There’s nothing in your logs that indicates that Reactor is turning on the fountain. In the logs, you can see at 11:43:48 and 12:03:48 that the activity to turn the fountain off is being run, but there is no run of the activity to turn it on, at all.

Sorry, mate, I’m pretty certain at this point that Reactor itself is not responsible for the mysterious fountain behavior, and it doesn’t appear even that your built Reactor logic has anything to do with it, either, at least not within the time frame of the events you are sending me.

I will, however, be happy to take a look at your LuaUPnP log file to see if I can spot something from another source that might not be jumping out at you. Next time your fountain comes on when it should not, run do not walk to your browser and request the LuaUPnP log file: http://vera-local-ipaddr/cgi-bin/cmh/log.sh?Device=LuaUPnP Use right-click and “Save As…” to save the window contents, and then email it to me.

Did the LusUPnP I provided not cover anything? I pulled it literally within moments of the fountain kicking on, I was at my laptop.

Sorry, I only saw the first attachment! Good on you for including both. Looking now… would help to know what time the fountain came on, though…

I think I found it. You appear to have a scene called “Fountain (4)” that’s running. It ran, for example, at 12:04:08, right after Reactor turned the fountain off. Looks like scene number 66.

I believe 08-15-2020 12:18:09

Yup, it ran then too.

07	08/15/20 12:18:08.231	Event::Evaluate 13 Fountain (4) was turned ON scene Fountain (4) was turned ON is true users:1052345 allow:1 <0x76fb0520>
08	08/15/20 12:18:08.231	Scene::RunScene running 66 Fountain (4) was turned ON <0x76fb0520>

Fountain (4) is the device name. Let me look at scenes.

There… is no scene 66 lol :thinking:

Hmm… Request http://vera-local-ip/port_3480/data_request?id=scene&action=list&scene=66 and post the output here.

Presuming this is a previously deleted scene still ghosting in the db somewhere I ran this:

http://Vera_IP:3480/data_request?id=scene&action=delete&scene=66

Result came back as ok so… wait and see, I guess?

Well… I wish you hadn’t done that. But oh well. Yeah, I’ll guess we’ll see. Anyway, pretty sure it’s not Reactor at this point.

I never 100% thought it was Reactor but, since you’re it’s dad, I figured if anyone could spot something in either log it would be you.

And it was. And you did.

When I ran what you provided it gave me an error… presuming that’s because what I ran removed the entry?

I used to have notes on a URL I could run that would give me a list of all scenes and devices in the system. That’s long gone anymore.

Yup, correct. Shucks. I would have like to see what it was. Other elements of the scene structure would tell me how it got there, and confirm that it was a hidden scene (which likely means Vera created it on the fly for some purpose). If that’s how the My Modes operates, something like it may reappear. I don’t know; I’ve never had reason to dig in to how My Modes does its work. I can’t imagine what else would do it as a hidden scene, but it’s conceivable another plugin may have. Did you try PLEG at one point?

A very long time ago, don’t even think it was on this box. I did a lot of hand-written code before stumbling happily upon Reactor.

Found it!

:3480/data_request?id=sdata&output_format=xml

Replace sdata with user_data to get a much more comprehensive report. The sdata report is badly broken and really should not be used except for very limited circumstances (and never for integrations). I don’t think it really lists all scenes, for example.

Holy @#$%, that’s a treasure trove of data. Thank you!