Device Parameters

I’m sure this has been asked a bunch of times but not sure exactly where to look.

I recently purchased the Monoprice 4-in-1 sensor and it connected with no issues. I get an error saying “Waiting for wak-up to configure device” on the motion sensor device, but the others work well. I’m not so concerned with this because I don’t need the motion sensor, but if anyone knows how to fix this, that would help.

My question is, the manual lists parameters that can be set to configure the device, such as telling it to report in Farenheit vs Celsius. Can someone point me to instructions on how to set these parameters? The motion sensor, the parent device, allows me to enter variables in the device options section, but I’m not sure of the process. Also, the parameter values are different types. Some are numeric, while others look like hex (0x00 for example).

Any advice wopuld be greatly appreciated, even if your advice is on what I should be searching for.

Check the vera luup documentation for the SET command. Yo can add luup commands to scenes or use the test script option for “one and done” things like changing a temp to Fahrenheit.

My dropbox-fu is failing me right now or I would give you a code example.

You can manually wake up the device by poking the hole at the bottom of the sensor. You may need to do it quite a few times actually.

Your parameters questions are in the device options. Click “add configuration settings” and you can input the parameters. See an example in the screenshot attached.