Devices disappeared with 1.7.830

Upgraded my firmware two days ago, All running well then today 3 devices all disappeared at the same time.

Anyone else have this happen. How do I solve this problem?

When I upgraded, it seemed to drop my Fibaro RGBW components and rebuilt them with new names. Curiously two of my colors are swapped. Not sure till I open the boxes if they got it wrong in the firmware or if I had wired them wrong originally and just hid it by accident with the names I assigned manually before the firmware knew what to do with it.

Anyway, I’d make sure you don’t have something similar with devices getting recreated.

I have two Nodon Soft Remotes that disappeared from the device list on the web interface after the firmware update. I noticed that there were 2 more devices on the alerts panel than showed in the failed device list, which seemed an odd coincidence. I did a factory reset on one remote and paired it again, which appeared to go fine but then the it disappeared immediatly. Curiously i then noticed that I now have have three Nodon Soft Remotes showing in the Vera Mobile app on Android or Win10 (the original 2+the one I reset and re-paired), but they are not available to setup scenes or do anything. Something odd is going in - maybe a hang-over from the Beta firmware or a new bug? Customer support have been advised.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Same here - I have a Nodon Octon remote, and it disappeared with the last firmware update, and now won’t control anything.

Do you still see the Nodon Remote if you use the Vera Mobile app?

My nodon soft remote disappeared like yours after upgrading.
When I downgrade it automatically upgrade itself to the latest firmware

I have lost about 12 devices - I think they were all of the type BinaryLight.

Looking at my Luup files I can not see any device files for D_BinaryLight.xml or D_BinaryLight.json neither D_BinaryLight1 etc.

I have already had MCV look at my Vera and they came back with nothing - just a few attempts to restore from backups.

Can anyone attach these files here for me please?

Thanks in advance.

Hello
After downgrading to the previous version everything is fine
Here is how should vera edge be downgraded to the latest but not last version

Please follow the steps in order to downgrade your Vera unit to the previous firmware version.

• connect to Vera?s interface
  • then go to Settings and select Firmware
  • and copy paste the URL below in the firmware field and hit ?download?.
    http://dl.mios.com/rl/713/mt7620a_Luup_ui7-1.7.1707-en-mios.squashfs
  • when prompted select to downgrade your unit with ?Keep current settings and configuration.?
  • the downgrade can take up to 15-20 minutes and you shouldn?t unplug Vera in that time.
    Note: The downgrade should be done from the same location as the Vera unit.

[quote=“Alireza44907, post:8, topic:193020”]Hello
After downgrading to the previous version everything is fine
Here is how should vera edge be downgraded to the latest but not last version

Please follow the steps in order to downgrade your Vera unit to the previous firmware version.

• connect to Vera?s interface
  • then go to Settings and select Firmware
  • and copy paste the URL below in the firmware field and hit ?download?.
    http://dl.mios.com/rl/713/mt7620a_Luup_ui7-1.7.1707-en-mios.squashfs
  • when prompted select to downgrade your unit with ?Keep current settings and configuration.?
  • the downgrade can take up to 15-20 minutes and you shouldn?t unplug Vera in that time.
    Note: The downgrade should be done from the same location as the Vera unit.[/quote]

Will this work with Vera Lite

Support got back to me on this issue. Exclude and then include resolves it. I needed a reason to mess with my system I guess

About the NodON, they dissapear because the JSON is missing.

If you use the AltUI you can see that it attempts to use: D_SceneControllerNodonOctan1.json

But that file does not exists.

I have changed it to D_SceneController1.json and the device apears again till you wake it up.

Edit: Attached the file missing, you need to add it to the folders “/overlay/etc/cmh-ludl” and “/etc/cmh-ludl” of the VERA by using SCP and the root password. After than, just re-add the device.
PD: Remove the .txt extension of the file :slight_smile:

Edit: You can just upload the files using the Website: Delevoper Apps → Luup Files

I’m also having trouble with devices disappearing. Not totally sure but I think this happened when I used the Vera IOS app to add new devices.

Hello dpons039,

I have tried you solution (About the NodON) but it doesn’t seem to work.

Files are copied to the location (without the .txt)
Have excluded and included the device several times.
Reboot veralite a few times, but no succes at all.

Any idea.?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks dpons039

That fixed my problem. The NODON device appears in the device and the scene config works fine.
You saved me many hours. Great!!

[quote=“FamRook, post:13, topic:193020”]Hello dpons039,

I have tried you solution (About the NodON) but it doesn’t seem to work.

Files are copied to the location (without the .txt)
Have excluded and included the device several times.
Reboot veralite a few times, but no succes at all.

Any idea.?

Thanks in advance.[/quote]

I’m not sure if it would work with the Vera Lite, I’m using Vera Edge.

Aditionally, you can download the regular D_SceneController1.json from the Develop apps → Luup files, rename it and upload again the new file. It should do the Trick.

I am on 1.7.4834 and am seeing this same problem. I just recently moved from Vera Edge to Vera Secure. When I restored my config to the new controller, all but the last 2 devices I had recently added showed up. I added a new device and excluded and reincluded the 2 missing ones, and now the first 2 of the 3 are gone from Vera and the last one I excluded and included remains.