Dimmers showing loadlevel = 100 and Status = 0

Perhaps a glitch in the last update?

Reactor reads this from behind the GUI, so its not a GUI issue…

plugin version 1.51
FW 1022
FW Ext
HW 1.3

Vera FW: 1.7.4001

It’s not clear to me what kind of device this is. I’m assuming it’s a device controlled by the RFXtrx. Would you let me know what the altid of the device is? And how the dim level is being set? (e.g. directly using the GUI or by setting a device variable using lua code). I don’t have any dimmable 433mhz lighting devices.

The unit is a NEXA CMR-101. Attached the variables on the device.

Seems like the only way the status is being changed is if I user the physical switch in the house. If scenes turn it on (by commanding load level) or I merely press the switch in the UI7 GUI, it won’t update correctly. I have to pull the dimmer bar to control the light…

OK - it looks like the plugin isn’t currently designed to handle this dimmer properly. I might be able to make some changes to do that if you could turn on debug for the plugin and see what shows up in the log. First look for: "Received message: 0B 11 00 xx 01 6F CB 2A 0B 02 yy zz ". I guessing about this. The most important part is the 0B 11 00. The xx doesn’t matter. The next 5 bytes are the ID and unit code. The yy should be the dim level. AFter that look for “actOnCommands:cmds”. If you could try a couple of dim levels and let me know what they are and then I can look at the debug output. That would really help if you’re really interested in getting this to work properly.

I’ll do whatever i can. :slight_smile: Debug logs is set to ON, but where do they go?

This problem is fairly new, I’ve used the plugin for years now, and its only recently iv’e seen this behaviour. Wether its the Vera firmware or the plugin updates i can’t tell…

Let me look at this for a bit. I’m pretty busy with a home repair project at the moment. If I can’t nail down the problem I’ll let you know the best way to retrieve the log. I’ve used the ELVira MS Excel spreadsheet available in this forum but for me I’ve found using WinSCP to be more convenient.

No hurry for me, i found a workaround for the issue i had with this. :slight_smile:

I just tested WinSCP, really prefer this way to navigate, as i’m not that familiar to unix… Let me know what you need.