Direct association Popp (Danfoss) TRV (010101)

I am trying to make a direct association with thermostatic valves Popp (Danfoss) TRV (010101) to turn on and off the valves according to the state of the controller Qubino Flush 1D that I use as a thermostat and it is proving impossible.

As controller I use Vera Plus, as Qubino Flush 1D boiler actuator and TRV valves (010101) in each radiator to control the temperature.

The idea is that the TRV (010101) valves go from off to Heat and vice versa according to the state of the Qubino Flush 1D. the issue of turning the boiler on and off I get through scenes.

Can someone tell me what I’m doing wrong?

Someone has done it, tried?

Saludos.

Google translate says:

I am trying to make a direct association with thermostatic valves Popp (Danfoss) TRV (010101) to turn on and off the valves according to the state of the controller Qubino Flush 1D that I use as a thermostat and it is proving impossible.

As controller I use Vera Plus, as Qubino Flush 1D boiler actuator and TRV valves (010101) in each radiator to control the temperature.

The idea is that the TRV (010101) valves go from off to Heat and vice versa according to the state of the Qubino Flush 1D. the issue of turning the boiler on and off I get through scenes.

Can someone tell me what I’m doing wrong?

Someone has done it, tried?

…whilst the forum is an international community, English is the lingua franca, if I may put it like that.

You’re much more likely to reach a wider audience for your question if you post in English!

Hello, my English is basic. I apologize for the carelessness.

regards

Your English is, I’m sure, better than my Spanish. But Google is quite good at both!

I hope someone will be along to help with your problem soon.

I understand, you use a scene to switch Qubino Flush 1D.
Why not also change the setpoint of Popp 010101 with this scene?
You cannot turn on/off the valve directly. Be aware, that it needs some time till the valve changes its position (wakeup intervall + reaction intervall).

1 Like

Hello, do not explain me well. the Qubino 1D uses it as an actuator with an on / off button to turn the boiler on / off.
I do not want to use scenes but direct association because if there is a problem in the VeraPlus we can enjoy a pleasant temperature.
the intervals of reaction is something that I have in mind and maybe modify in the future. first I want to ensure that the direct association works correctly
regards

I understand.
I never considered a design without the central controller. So this solution don’t touch vera and I don’t have experience with that. But I wouldn’t expect, the qubino switch can send setpoints in use of direct associations.

Hi, I have tried several solutions and at the moment the only thing that works for me is:

if (luup.variable_get (“urn: upnp-org: serviceId: SwitchPower1”, “Status”, 15) == “1”) then
luup.call_action (“urn: upnp-org: serviceId: HVAC_UserOperatingMode1”, “SetModeTarget”, {NewModeTarget = “HeatOn”}, 106)
else
luup.call_action (“urn: upnp-org: serviceId: HVAC_UserOperatingMode1”, “SetModeTarget”, {NewModeTarget = “Off”}, 106)
end

This solution is not adequate. what would happen if the central controller breaks down. as switching off / on without the controller.
that’s why the direct association.

I have another question. when the valve is off continuously communicating every 30 minutes ?. being so there is a difference between off and on at 8-10ÂşC.

regards

For me “SetModeTarget” didn’t trigger something. I think there is no possibility to switch the Popp TRV off. I use
luup.call_action(“urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSetpoint1”,“SetCurrentSetpoint”,{NewCurrentSetpoint=SPT_new},dev)
to change the setpoint of the Popp TRV. For a given setpoint, the temperature control happens locally on the Popp TRV. The controller is only necessary to change the setpoint. In the other time period there is only an exchange of status informations.

Another point: I highly recommend to switch off polling for the Popp TRV (poll intervall = 0). Before I did this, there were command delays and sporadically communication breaks.

The Popp builds a specific control curve for your room. If you want to heat on and the difference between the actual temperature and the setpoint is small, the valve may not open or may open only a little bit. So it may help to choose a higher setpoint for short-term. The heat-off happens immediatelly, when the setpoint temperature is reached.

Hi. Thank you. Greetings.

Good Day Pit and others,
I am faced with a sort of similar but different situation any direction, ideas or documents to a solution is welcome.
Devices: VeraPlus up to date, Danfoss Link RS, Danfoss LC-13 TRV.

Implementation possibility: Luup script, Vera association or Reactor Plugin

Goal: To alter the CurrentSetpoint on the TRV whenever the Temp on the Danfoss Link RS is changed.

What I have attempted:
Vera association did not work, there is no way of confirming that the association is correct as they do not work like my previous other associations. Association Group 1 for Link RS with TRV in Set.

Reactor Plugin, Think I am doing something wrong. Whenever I altering the temperature on the Link RS the command is sent to the TRV but it does not affect any changes.

Expression:
StateR = getstate( "Danfoss RS “, “urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSetpoint1”, “CurrentSetpoint” )
Condition:
Device State: Danfoss RS Radiator (#333) CurrentSetpoint changes
From (any) To (any)
Activity:
Device Action = Danfoss TRV”, “SetTarget”, {StateR}

Luup script: …

Any directions is welcome.

Many thanks

If you go to the Tools tab in your ReactorSensor, there’s a “Submit Device” section–please choose your Danfoss TRV there and hit “Submit”. This will send me the device definition info and I can see what actions it implements. I’m pretty sure SetTarget is not what should be used to set the setpoint; we just need to confirm what the device supports, and we have to be precise, so this will help.

Let me know when that’s done.

OK. I saw the submission come in (at least I think it’s yours–or someone else with Danfoss also jumped in here).

Definitely need to use SetCurrentSetpoint action. The issue is that you will probably see two of them listed, as it appears in two different but related services. You need to figure out which of the two actually works. It may be both.

RESOLVEDMany thanks again:+1:, Yes that’s on the money, I used them both to start with. Will fine tune it later, But most probably it will be the SetCurrentSetpoint in TemperatureSetpoint1.

Thanks

1 Like

Excellent. I’d like to point out that @pit had the same solution here five days ago, and has some other recommendations as well. Kudos!