Direct association with Fibaro Motion Sensor and Fibaro Double Switch?

Thank you for the reply - The motion sensor had to be in group one and I tried a different switch - its all working now - Thank you both for all your help - definitely bookmark this page

Group 1 is normally lifeline, Iā€™m surprised itā€™s not working for Group 2

My Fibaro Motion sensor is using Group 2 to control a Fibaro Dimmer 2 light.

@cw-kid ready my thread, Older Fibaroā€™s (non Zwave+ devices) used Group 1 for motion and Group 3 was lifeline. When they released the Zwave+ version, they moved to the more tradition Group 1 for lifeline and Group 2 for motion.

But really there is no standard for this. Cooper for example uses 99 for their lifeline group. I think it was only since Zwave+ was released that most companies settled on Group 1 being the lifeline.

1 Like

Oh yes that makes sense now.

My Fibaro Motion Sensor is Z-Wave Plus and was also included in S2 mode.

Yeah watch out for that S2 mode, to talk via association to devices that donā€™t support secure mode, you have to fiddle with parameter 18. I know that gave me trouble with one of my devices (new devices have trouble talking to old devicesā€¦ but not vice versa, which is why I almost always just tell it to send the association stuff in an unsecure wayā€¦ atleast the Fibaro lets you set that which is nice).

My associated Fibaro Dimmer 2 is also S2.

However Iā€™ve had problems in the past where a Neo CoolCam motion sensor that doesnā€™t support S2 could not control a Fibaro Dimmer 2 that was in S2 mode, which suckedā€¦

Hey Guys

The light has been working great - What Iā€™m finding sometimes is when the sensor sends the command to to turn the light off it immediately turns back on again - I thought it might be the sensitivity - I have it set at 10 at the moment I have tried 15 and 20 for the sensitivity it didnā€™t seem to make a difference - The light triggered back on again as soon as it went off

It will if your still in that room and moving.

Look at the parameter setting in the user manual for Motion Detection Blind Time. Its parameter 2 on my newer Fibaro motion sensor.

Hi

No one is in the room - I have also moved it out and done testing pointing so it will not pick up anything - The Blind time is set at 10

Iā€™m not sure then.

The sensitivity on mine is set to 15.

These are my settings, but the parameters could well be different to yours, as you have an older version of the Fibaro Motion Sensor.

I have increased the sensitivity and the blind time - its been ok at the moment - It only happens occasionally - These are my settings