Direct To ALTUI

Is there some way to startup with ALYUI directly, instead of going through the Vera UI?

Sure:

http://your_vera_IP_address/port_3480/data_request?id=lr_ALTUI_Handler&command=home

1 Like

Thanks, I guess the problem was that the IP of my Vera Plus changed. I guess I’ll have to figure out how to have a static IP on it.

Not too difficult, although I think you have to use Ui7 to do it…

Settings > Net & Wi-fi > Internet/WAN

1 Like

Correct, but you’ll need to configure your router/DHCPserver to reserve the static IP.

1 Like

Indeed! I forgot to mention that since I have a whole block of addresses in the router reserved for fixed IPs.

2 Likes

Same here. The fixed block is 1 -100, DHCP handles 101 up. All the “server” devices on Ethernet have static IPs, with DHCP reserved for mobile Wi-Fi stuff.

1 Like

The choice between the two varies with the type of devices…
Some devices just won’t do static IP so if you want to fix it, you need to run a DHCP reservation.
For most devices I prefer to do a fix IP on the device… when their network management is reliable. Believe it or not, I do both on the vera because it is too unreliable. I have the tendency to reset the test units more often and sometimes one way works better than the other so I do both… :slight_smile:
So when the vera gets reset or somehow reboots and lose its network settings, it still comes back with the same IP.
I would otherwise put the setting in the most reliable of the two devices between the client and the DHCP server.

2 Likes

Funny, I do the same thing. As @rafale77 says, that way, no matter what happens on Vera’s end, you still get the correct IP address.

2 Likes

On a Mac. Got 'er done.
Weird that I just started using the ALTUI and that’s when the IP decided to change.
Liking the GUI very much.

Thanks

1 Like

I tend to do all DHCP reservation from my router. I just find it to be a little cleaner, and I have never had anything skip an address that way.

Most of my devices have reserved IP’s - cameras, Vera, Hue bridge, Harmony controller, the PC running Blue Iris, my NAS - since they all intercommunicate.