DLNA CONTROLLER does not work anymore

After the latest Vera firmware update (1.7.3231), the DLNA plugin is no longer working. He no longer sees the devices and receives no orders. Any ideas?

same problem (

Opened a brand new out of the Box Vera and on latest 1.73232 and yep doesn’t work for me either? Strangely enough the inbuilt UPNP feature of the Vera does “discover” some of my devices although they don’t seem to add to my devices but I will raise that one with Vera support. Would prefer to be able to use this plugin as the functionality looks on point.

The DLNA plugin and the SONOS plugin were written by the same person. So it may be that this mod needs to be done to the file J_DLNAMediaController1.js:

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,51432.msg335161.html#msg335161

[quote=“a-lurker, post:4, topic:197627”]The DLNA plugin and the SONOS plugin were written by the same person. So it may be that this mod needs to be done to the file J_DLNAMediaController1.js:

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,51432.msg335161.html#msg335161[/quote]

thanks! I will put this on my weekend tasks to attempt and see if it makes any difference :slight_smile: Much appreciated!

After upload edited file - plugin can load patch and discover devices - but I can’t add it (select)
Same result in Sonos post

Andrey

[quote=“Cadet, post:6, topic:197627”]After upload edited file - plugin can load patch and discover devices - but I can’t add it (select)

Andrey[/quote]

Didn’t get to test as was busy migrating all my devices across from Domoticz and recreating scenes over the weekend. Can I assume this is still broken (save me testing if someone has already tried) ?

thanks

[quote=“Cadet, post:6, topic:197627”]After upload edited file - plugin can load patch and discover devices - but I can’t add it (select)

Andrey[/quote]

There was one final post on that thread that might help, as now that you can discover them have you tried editing the LUA file: and hunting down any lines containing the changed port due to the firmware changes;

"I made no changes to the lua. I did not really check it but a similar fix may be required. basically port_49451 should not be used and be replaced by using port_3480 "

Ok did the file mod as suggested, same deal can discover / install patch but can’t select. :-\ :cry:

did a search for that port_number suggested but couldn’t find it in any of the associated files

bump…

Found this post by accident…
I have had a total Vera crash after trying to upgrade to latest beta firmware and then restoring to the latest stable firmware.
After this. alot of things does not work correct (one is DLNA plugin)…

I assumed it had to do something with the crash, but could it have to do with the problem that is described here?
My first observation is that nothing happens when I press “Install” for the the “Discovery patch”, but you guys are able to to this?

[quote=“paros, post:11, topic:197627”]Found this post by accident…
I have had a total Vera crash after trying to upgrade to latest beta firmware and then restoring to the latest stable firmware.
After this. alot of things does not work correct (one is DLNA plugin)…

I assumed it had to do something with the crash, but could it have to do with the problem that is described here?
My first observation is that nothing happens when I press “Install” for the the “Discovery patch”, but you guys are able to to this?[/quote]

Correct, that is the same as we had initially, then if you do the fix mentioned over at the Sonos plugin thread (same plugin developer?) then you can finally discover again and install patch but still doesn’t work as you can’t select.

Where do I change port from port_49451 to port_3480?
Also, I noticed that the “CONTROL” tab is working as it should, meaning I can start/stop, pause music as before…

[quote=“paros, post:13, topic:197627”]Where do I change port from port_49451 to port_3480?
Also, I noticed that the “CONTROL” tab is working as it should, meaning I can start/stop, pause music as before…[/quote]

There are 9 files relating to DLNA on my Vera unit:

D_DLNAMediaController1.json
D_DLNAMediaController1.xml
I_DLNAMediaController1.xml
J_DLNAMediaController1.js
L_DLNATTS.lua
L_DLNAUPnPUtility.lua
S_DLNAAVTransport1.xml
S_DLNAMediaController1.xml
S_DLNARenderingControl1.xml

I could not find a line with port_49451 in it, in any of those files.

[quote=“cw-kid, post:14, topic:197627”][quote=“paros, post:13, topic:197627”]Where do I change port from port_49451 to port_3480?
Also, I noticed that the “CONTROL” tab is working as it should, meaning I can start/stop, pause music as before…[/quote]

There are 9 files relating to DLNA on my Vera unit:

D_DLNAMediaController1.json
D_DLNAMediaController1.xml
I_DLNAMediaController1.xml
J_DLNAMediaController1.js
L_DLNATTS.lua
L_DLNAUPnPUtility.lua
S_DLNAAVTransport1.xml
S_DLNAMediaController1.xml
S_DLNARenderingControl1.xml

I could not find a line with port_49451 in it, in any of those files.[/quote]

Same for me I dl’d each of the related files I could see and searched, nothing for 49451 that I could find :expressionless:

You do not necessarily see the port numbers explicitely
Exemple of things to change:

[code]OLD line
new Ajax.Request (command_url+‘/data_request’, {

by NEW line
new Ajax.Request (data_request_url, {[/code]

[quote=“amg0, post:16, topic:197627”]You do not necessarily see the port numbers explicitely
Exemple of things to change:

[code]OLD line
new Ajax.Request (command_url+‘/data_request’, {

by NEW line
new Ajax.Request (data_request_url, {[/code][/quote]

Yep believe this is the line myself and @Cadet changed which gave us some functionality back (the ability to discover devices and install the patch) but selecting devices still doesn’t work

Happy New Year… bump :smiley:

I would be interested in a solution as well, particularly for the TTS announcements.
Looks like yet another reason I purchased the Vera for has gone by the wayside. >:/
Seems like if we give this thing another year or two, it’ll just be another router with Zwave operations.

[quote=“Quixote, post:19, topic:197627”]I would be interested in a solution as well, particularly for the TTS announcements.
Looks like yet another reason I purchased the Vera for has gone by the wayside. >:/
Seems like if we give this thing another year or two, it’ll just be another router with Zwave operations.[/quote]

Yep, really hoping for a fix for this one, has a great feature set :slight_smile: