DO NOT BUY THE INTERMATIC MULTIWAVE PE653 AND EXPECT SUPPORT FROM INTERMATIC

I made the mistake of reading the forums and believing that Intermatic support could help me setup the Multiwave PE653 control for my single speed pool pump. There are old posts about great support from the company, especially from Frank Pomeroy. Today I learned no longer works for the company.

I submitted an online inquiry for support and the response I received from Rob Luna was “Unfortunately this unit does not work with any other z-wave products or z-wave hubs.”

When I called in I spoke with another support person at Intermatic who kept repeating “we do not support integration with other Z-wave controls”, but unfortunately this isn’t really communicated by the company anywhere.

I spoke with a supervisor who gave me the full back story stating that this is all due to Vera being unwilling to work with Intermatic because of their size. The supervisor stated that Frank’s fixes were not officially sanctioned by the company and any update from Vera would render them useless.

So basically I’m stuck with a control that I can connect with my VeraSecure but will never work properly with my hub.