Does Imperihome work remotely from VeraPlus

I converted from VeraLite to VeraPlus and I can no longer access my vera remotely using Imperihome. It works fine over my local network but never connects remotely. It worked fine with the VeraLite. I have android devices.

I copied everything to my VeraPlus and gave it the same IP address, but I don’t think that is the issue. I uninstalled and reinstalled android app, but it is still not working. I sent a email to support, but reading the forum it appears that I will not get an answer.

Does anyone have it working on android remotely using a VeraPlus.

Yup. I access multiple Vera’s through Imperihome from work. Including a Plus and an Edge.
make sure you’ve set the Plus up in Imperihome using UI6/UI7 access and you have a home.getvera.com UI7 account for it.

See if you can access it remotely on Android using the Getvera app for UI7 to verify your account setup.

As does mine, a Plus and a Lite … BUT … if my android device is not on the “local” network as defined either in the General Preferences menu under Local WiFi network or in the My Systems >> VeraPlus (unit name) >> Loca Wifi network, WiFi it will pull from the internet NOT the local Vera. This takes longer, sometimes MUCH longer. I have an WiFi extender and if my phone/tablet connects to that instead of the main router, I’m not considered to be connected locally. I sent a feature request to Imperihome to get wildcards as part of a local network name. That way both MyNetwork and MyNetwork_Ext will be considered local. I’ve sent requests before over the years (yes, years) that I’ve used Imperihome. I’ve yet to receive anything but an automated reply. This request seems like a pretty easy bit of coding so who knows.

Anyone found a way around this limitation?

Yes I can use my Vera Mobile to access the vera remotely. I do have it setup using the UI6/UI7. It just never connects remotely. It works fine at home. And it worked fine with the Vera Lite.

In ImperiHome, when you use the device wizard, does it ask you for your MIOS credentials? If so, does it discover your Vera?

I just remembered something. You said you came from a VeraLite. Was that running Ui5 or UI7? If UI5, does your password have any special characters in it such as !@#$%^&? The reason I ask is that UI5 did not require special characters but UI6/Ui7 does. That is how home.getvera.com determines if it has to send you to the Ui5 or the Ui7 side as both have different back-end databases.

I got it working. I went into Vera web site and deleted the Vera Lite controller from my account. It now only shows one vera. I then redid the Imperihome configuration and when I put in credentials it did find the new controller with the new serial numbers.
So all is working. I was worried if I should delete the vera lite controller, but I don’t think I needed. it. What are you using multiple controllers for?

I use 2 controllers to balance the load and keep them stable. Currently that is 2 Vera 3’s. I have an Edge and a Plus that I will be migrating my setup to. All are live at this time as I am moving devices off one by one from the Vera 3’s and then joining them to the new controllers. To many stories of instabilities if you do a backup from one Vera and restore it on another. I use http calls to enable one Vera to control devices and scenes on the other and vice versa. Also they chack eachother and one can reboot the other as each is on a zwave outlet that are controlled by the other.

I could probably get away with just a Vera Plus but the Edge was a freebie so I figured why not use it.

The Vera3 units will stay as backup and also as test/QA boxes for new devices I haven’t used before to see how they run. So I don’t interfere with my ‘production environment’.

Hmm that is interesting configuration. I don’t know if I will need the vera lite, but I like your idea of being able to reboot each other. My vera lite was so unstable it rebooted several times a day so my kids got me the Plus. thus far it has been rock solid and my AEON HEM device has worked thus far. It always failed on the lite.

The VeraLite is kinda lite on memory. Which is most likely why it was unstable. But yes, you could add a few devices to it and its should be good. Do note that this method creates a mesh for each Vera so you have to think carefully which device goes where as to ensure both have a strong mesh. It’s easy enough for one to operate devices/scenes on the other with a simple http call. You can use the multiswitch on both to have sensors set a button on the one on teh other Vera is a sensor alerts on this one.

Run a scene on the other Vera.
luup.inet.wget(“http://IP.ADDRESS.OTHER.VERA:3480/data_request?id=lu_action&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1&action=RunScene&SceneNum=SCENENUMBER”, 5, “”, “”)

Replace the capitalized values with the ones appropriate for you and your good to go.

Thanks for the information. I spoke too soon and my Imperihome is not working again remotely but my vera Mobil app still does. I will have to test some more to see if I can figure it out. I really like the Imperihome interface.

I still have a remote access problem, and have submitted problem reports with no response.

I connect fine at home. When away on cell, the device names are italicized and when I try to refresh they then go red. I then have to completely delete and reconfigure, and then it comes right up. But all during that time, the Vera ap works fine.

Bob

I finally figured it out!!! I had been reloading my saved configuration that was built using the Vera lite. I assumed that it would work fine since the device IDs were all the same on the Vera Plus. And it did work fine locally, as the widgets were using the IP address and Device Ids to control the devices. And since the IP address of the Vera Plus was the same as the Vera Lite all was well locally. However, when I was attempting to use it remotely, the widgets must have the controller ID and device Id embedded and these widgets would not work remotely as the Vera Lite controller did not exist. I had to delete and re-add the widgets to make it work with the new controller. A bit of work, but all is well.

For reference: I had a similar issue - Imperihome connected fine locally with my Vera Plus but not remotely.

Turned out the problem was I used an old Mios login instead of the new Vera login. It says “MiOS Login” in the imperihome UI which is a bit misleading. It should be the same login you use at https://home.getvera.com/