Doorbird API released

[quote=“javed222uy, post:20, topic:189761”]Thanks porhead!
the URL works ok on browser!
my doorbird had wired ethernet!
Actually worked ok with the android app!

Now, on Vera, i can see small image on Cameras TAB
but I cannot see in Live mode… (error: Not Connected)

I had an Foscam cam without problems.

J[/quote]
the API will only let you see the 640x480 image, thus, no large image.
|-<:)

Thanks Man!

Now all is right!!

For Live mode, I must used the followig URL

Syntax:
http:///bha-api/image.cgi

J

Notifications now work perfectly from the Doorbird. The virtual motion sensor associated with the bellpress triggers a scene that generates a voice announcement from my Sonos. A couple of seconds lag.

Agame, great to hear! We’re hard wiring our doorbirds next weekend. They’re working fairly well if we’re all on the LAN, but the video is a little spotty remotely.

Wondering–is there an easy way to text a pic from the system on motion/bell push? I think I can set this up through blue iris, but would rather use DoorBird motion sensor as it seems to cut down on false alarms vs blue iris

Seems right to me. I just did a similar thing for a customer but not with the Pi. How do you like the Doorbird so far? I thought it was a nice product.

The first message on this thread is the API documentation which can explain it better then I can.

There is only one Vera gotcha, when you subscribe to notifications (with a vera doorbell scene URL) you have to replace the ampersands (&) in the code with the URL encoded code, %26. Leave the last 2 though as they are part of the doorbird side of the request. Here is my subscription request, which you only have to do once:

http://YOUR_DOORBIRD_IP/bha-api/notification.cgi?url=http://YOUR_VERA_IP:3480/data_request?id=action%26serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1%26action=RunScene%26SceneNum=YOUR_DOORBELL_SCENE_ID&event=doorbell&subscribe=1

The doorbird then hits that url everytime the button is pressed (or motion is detected if you change the subscription keyword).
The camera information is in the API doc also, it appears fine for me, but does not work on the app like my other cameras for some reason. No big because Doorbird has it’s own app which you have to use if you want to talk to the door anyhow. My traditional physical chime is also wired into the Doorbird.

You can make your doorbell scene do anything obviously, I have mine turn on the lights at night and alert my phone and play the chime on 4 aeotec “doorbell” mp3 receivers around my house. I could do the whole capture video and put it on the TV scene, but I never watch TV so the app’s easier. Theres no motion sensitivity adjustment for the motion detection so mine goes off constantly and is useless, but they have promised range adjustment for the last six months. I have mine all hard wired with power and ethernet so it’s rock solid, no sketchy wireless or batteries to worry about. I’m happy with it now that I’ve got the HA integration.

|-<:)[/quote]

Need a pointer: where to obtain the YOUR_DOORBELL_SCENE_ID value for any of my scenes (I assume this is an integer value). Thank you for your efforts!

This can be found in the advanced tab of the scene or device

I’m researching door bells / door video intercoms right now. Is the doorbird the only one that integrates with Vera right now? Can it trigger turning on additional cameras around the porch? That is what I’d like to do ultimately with it.

TIA.

OK, know where to find that for devices, but where is the advanced tab for scenes? Thanks!

OK, know where to find that for devices, but where is the advanced tab for scenes? Thanks![/quote]
it’s on the main scenes screen in brackets right after the scene name.

[quote=“Sammy2, post:28, topic:189761”]I’m researching door bells / door video intercoms right now. Is the doorbird the only one that integrates with Vera right now? Can it trigger turning on additional cameras around the porch? That is what I’d like to do ultimately with it.

TIA.[/quote]
You can set it to run a scene, then in that scene you can do anything, trigger other cameras, run luup code, anything your vera can do.

[quote=“prophead, post:31, topic:189761”][quote=“Sammy2, post:28, topic:189761”]I’m researching door bells / door video intercoms right now. Is the doorbird the only one that integrates with Vera right now? Can it trigger turning on additional cameras around the porch? That is what I’d like to do ultimately with it.

TIA.[/quote]
You can set it to run a scene, then in that scene you can do anything, trigger other cameras, run luup code, anything your vera can do.

That’s pretty cool… The Doorbird is very spendy and I’m still researching things.

I’m looking into a Yale Door Look which costs the same as a Ring and according to a phone call to Yale CS this morning will have z-wave coming out 1Q2017. I might just wait but I got to thinking that if it is WiFi, could it be possible to hook it into the Vera anyhow? I’m going to call back tomorrow and see if it is an ip camera which should show as a generic ip camera on Vera, don’t you think?

OKAyyyy, thank you very much, sigh!

Will try this Monday when on site. Can you ask the Doorbird to send both motion as well as button push notifications?

All the best!

[quote=“Dansker, post:33, topic:189761”]OKAyyyy, thank you very much, sigh!

Will try this Monday when on site. Can you ask the Doorbird to send both motion as well as button push notifications?

All the best![/quote]
Yes, I have both going, the motion turns on the porch light (at night) and notifies my phone. The bell rings the chimes and turns on the hall light (if it’s night)

[quote=“prophead, post:34, topic:189761”][quote=“Dansker, post:33, topic:189761”]OKAyyyy, thank you very much, sigh!

All the best![/quote]
Yes, I have both going, the motion turns on the porch light (at night) and notifies my phone. The bell rings the chimes and turns on the hall light (if it’s night)

I suppose that could be used to trigger another camera on the porch or front yard too…

[quote=“Sammy2, post:32, topic:189761”][quote=“prophead, post:31, topic:189761”][quote=“Sammy2, post:28, topic:189761”]I’m researching door bells / door video intercoms right now. Is the doorbird the only one that integrates with Vera right now? Can it trigger turning on additional cameras around the porch? That is what I’d like to do ultimately with it.

TIA.[/quote]

That’s pretty cool… The Doorbird is very spendy and I’m still researching things.

I’m looking into a Yale Door Look which costs the same as a Ring and according to a phone call to Yale CS this morning will have z-wave coming out 1Q2017. I might just wait but I got to thinking that if it is WiFi, could it be possible to hook it into the Vera anyhow? I’m going to call back tomorrow and see if it is an ip camera which should show as a generic ip camera on Vera, don’t you think?[/quote]

So I called Yale again and found out this.

It seems no one with coding experience is willing to make a Vera add on for this device. Unfortunately I have no coding experience but would love to document a way for us non coders to add this device to our Veras.
Is there someone here that has got their Doorbird and Vera to work together to contact me so we can get these two great devices to work together and document the process.
I have also tried this persons directions and none of the directions seem to work, but I do like his direction as it seems his Vera is talking directly to the DB so if the internet is down, my DB/Vera scenes will still run. If i understand it correctly, subscrbing uses the internet and thus, no internet, no scenes.

Please respond here if you are interested in doing this with me.
Thanks.

I have my DB and Vera working perfectly together, no plugin needed.
If you read this entire thread you will see how.
[url=http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,34857.msg290326.html#msg290326]http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,34857.msg290326.html#msg290326[/url]
|-<:/

[quote=“Jamr, post:37, topic:189761”]It seems no one with coding experience is willing to make a Vera add on for this device. Unfortunately I have no coding experience but would love to document a way for us non coders to add this device to our Veras.
Is there someone here that has got their Doorbird and Vera to work together to contact me so we can get these two great devices to work together and document the process.
I have also tried this persons directions and none of the directions seem to work, but I do like his direction as it seems his Vera is talking directly to the DB so if the internet is down, my DB/Vera scenes will still run. If i understand it correctly, subscrbing uses the internet and thus, no internet, no scenes.

Please respond here if you are interested in doing this with me.
Thanks.[/quote]

If you subscribe (which is a one-time thing) using your vera’s LAN ip address the http call to your vera does not need to touch the internet. Mine (hard wired ethernet) has has worked 100% of the time.

[quote=“Jamr, post:37, topic:189761”]…If i understand it correctly, subscrbing uses the internet and thus, no internet, no scenes.
…[/quote]

For the camera to work I used: YOUR_IP://bha-api/image.cgi?http-user=DOORBIRD_USER&http-password=DOORBIRD_PASSWORD.

image.cgi will allow taking and saving pictures. you will see the image under cameras as well as when you select it
video.cgi will allow you to see live video under cameras. However it does not work when you select it. It will say no connection

My DoorBird is wired with PoE. I have implemented a scene that will turn lights on at night when the gate is open. I follow the instruction posted earlier here:

http://YOUR_DOORBIRD_IP/bha-api/notification.cgi?url=http://YOUR_VERA_IP:3480/data_request?id=action%26serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1%26action=RunScene%26SceneNum=YOUR_DOORBELL_SCENE_ID&event=dooropen&subscribe=1