DreamColorRGB PlugIn

[quote=“GreatGazoo, post:20, topic:198330”]Hello,

you see the commands send from Vera ?[/quote]
yes

yes, strange

yes

nice

Hello,

I checked the implementation file from version 1.3, and found a problem.
Can you please install the files in the zip package within this post and tell me
if the plugin is functioning or not.

Hope this helps,

Hello,

I updated all the plugin files (downloaded over the old ones in “Apps>Develop apps>Luup files” and re-created the device). Now the commands from VeraEdge are transmitted to the controller (I see it in the sniffer, in the screenshot). But the controller still does not react to any of them.

On the screenshot: 192.168.1.50 - ip address of the controller; 192.168.1.37 - IP address VeraEdge.

Command - Power ON.

In the attachment file sniffer (Wireshark) - commands from VeraEdge to the controller.

I noticed that in your plugin all commands begin with: fb c1

fb c1 26 20 0a 01 00 84 00 ec 41 00 08 ec 41 00

if I open the original application on the smartphone, then in the sniffer it can be seen that the command begins with:

ab 02 - in the screenshot

maybe that’s why the controller does not react?

hello,

the real data is not 77 digits long, so you have to use filters to get the real udp command out of the
complete package.You only have to follow the transmission between the app and the controller and
then you can use filters to find a sequence…

hope this helps

hello,

the controller has two commands who start with ab, those commands are sent
during startup from the app. One command is used to determine the amount of files on
the sd-card and the other is used to reset the colors from the LED-strip.

From the original application, I can only see one command - this is when I launch the application on a smartphone or tablet. No more commands are displayed (in the sniffer). I can’t see them. No speed, no brights.

How to get your plugin to work for the controller?

Hello,

if you cannot see them with the “sniffer” then they are using a different protocol.
It’s possible that they moved to TCP (instead of udp) or that they are using some
kind of handshake procedure … but this must be visible for the “sniffer”.
Did you bought the H806SB ? From where could you retrieve the version number from the
software on the controller ?

kind regards…

[quote=“GreatGazoo, post:28, topic:198330”]Hello,

if you cannot see them with the “sniffer” then they are using a different protocol.
It’s possible that they moved to TCP (instead of udp) or that they are using some
kind of handshake procedure … but this must be visible for the “sniffer”.[/quote]

The strange thing is that there is no traffic at all between the controller and the smartphone with the original application.

When intercepting packets, no filters, only the interface and the ip address of the controller (in the screenshot).

[quote=“GreatGazoo, post:28, topic:198330”]Did you bought the H806SB ? From where could you retrieve the version number from the
software on the controller ?

kind regards…[/quote]

Yes, I bought this SPI controller H806SB, and a few more Wi-Fi controllers are not SPI (rgb and rgbw).

I can see the current version of the controller software in the original application H806SB for iOS on iPad Mini (in the screenshot).

Hello,

thanks for your clear answer, I now know the firmware version from my own
controller, that’s 101.
I don’t think that you can go to firmware version 101, but if you cannot “sniff”
the packets then I’m a little bit afraid to update my own firmware…

Perhaps I can not properly configure packet capture?

Late or early will need to update!

And find the reason why your plugin does not work on version 104 :wink:

I did intercept packets when updating the firmware (in the screenshot).

The controller refers to the address 203.195.200.221 (www.huacanxing.com) where you can download the latest firmware version.

http://www.huacanxing.com/H806SB/user1.bin

P.S. I’d like to get your work plugin !!! Thanks.

Hello again,

did some research, if I’m correct the controller still uses the same commands.
As an example I will show you the package you “sniffed” in a former post.
I highlighted the real code, that’s " fb c1 47 08 0c 01 00 b8 0b 00 00 00 08 ec 41 00 ".
You send the command to play a single file with brightness on 8% and with 12% speed.

I noticed that the end of the code is different at your side and that’s the reason why the
controller isn’t responding. If you can provide me more “sniffed” packages, and you give me
the settings you have changed, than I can determine if the end of the code is always the same
or perhaps it’s a new setting that can be adjusted in the controller.

It could be possible that the end of the code is a instruction to but because we are using just a
single line (strip) we never change this setting. (and it will always be the same !!)
If it always is the same then I can fix the problem whitin 5 minutes http://forum.micasaverde.com/Smileys/default/smiley.gif

hope to hear from you soon,

Hello,

All the same, there is traffic between the original application and the controller!

I installed on the computer with Windows 10 an application to emulate Android [url=https://www.bluestacks.com/]https://www.bluestacks.com/[/url]. Then I installed the original application H806SB. I was able to control the controller from the PC with ip (192.168.1.5).

Then I launched a sniffer on the same PC with ip (192.168.1.5) and watch all the traffic for the ip address of the controller (192.168.1.50). I see packages UDP and ICMP protocol when I execution any actions in the application H806SB: adjust brightness, speed, etc.

Could this somehow help you remake the plugin for version 104?

Thanks.

Hello,

did you read my former post, this is how the packages has to look.
It always starts with " fb c1 " the only thing I saw is different at your side is the
end of the command. I can do nothing with the picture you sent ne because it doesn’t
contain a valid command for the controller.

kind regards,

Can I send you a sniffer file?

there are commands from VeraEdge with your plugin installed to the controller.

Hello,

You only have to sent me the same picture as in post 22, that’s the picture I used in post 32.

kind regards

command Power ON from Vera with plugin.

Hello again,

of course I already know the command sent from vera to the controller, because it’s
the command generated by the plugin.

kind regards

Command Power OFF - somewhat different.