DSC alarm plugin under OpenLoop

I love this plugin! What is the potential to get an unencrypted version of the plugin so it can run under OpenLoop?

There are no plans to release an unencoded version of this Plugin.

Thanks for the prompt reply! Is there any other way, that you are aware of, to get the DSC plugin running under OpenLuup?

Refer http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=32315.0 for detail of OpenLuup

There are options that come to mind, each with their own challenges:

a) get a MiOS “blessed” version of the decoder
This would likely require some negotiation, and some distribution issues.

b) reverse engineer the encoding.
We already know that the input size == the output size, so the encoding is more akin to an XOR than any crypto algorithm. The bits are the same for each user, which means the salting mechanism is baked into Vera. The combination wouldn’t be too hard to crack. …

c) leave it running on Vera
I’m assuming this is how the other encoded stuff is working with it today, and is basically what I’m doing elsewhere (a cooperative model between the systems)

d) work out how to transfer the in-memory copy from Vera to openLUUP.
For Vera to run the code, they have it decoded in memory. There are hints of in more than a few places. I suspect, with enough spare time on your hands, it could be snarfed from the running Lua engine … Either in source or byte-code format. The Lua debugger interface might be handy for researching this type of thing. Again, somewhat questionable legality for this type of thing.

Anyone able to have some action in openLuup scene to arm/disarm using DSC plugin installed in Vera?

Hmm, I stumbled into this problem inadvertently. I have an openLuup system that is standalone. I don’t want to do anything illegal, and I don’t see going down the path of negotiating with Vera, but I would like to integrate a DSC alarm with it.

I don’t need anything elaborate as I’m mostly looking for the ability to use the DSC alarm sensors in openLuup. So what are the options?

1. Attempt to write something simple from some other plugin - any suggestions on a suitable starting plugin?
  2. Start with futzles’s MiOS-CaddxNX584 plugin and modify it? That seems like a lot of work, but would end up with a nice plugin in the end.
  3. Integrate the DSC with openHab and have openHab send updates to the openLuup system.
  4. Buy a cheap used Vera Lite on Ebay and use it for this plugin only.

Any other ideas?

I have finally made the effort to start moving everything I can across to openluup.

I’ve written a very crude device to replace the DSC Alarm plugin. So far it log’s in to the Envisalink using the default password and listens for 609 (Tripped) and 610 messages. It creates Security Sensor children for up to 32 devices (in fact it might be fixed to 32 at the moment because I don’t think that codes is working properly). I’m working on supporting door sensors (these work but appear as standard sensors currently). The code is in an embarrassing state and written for my use case without much config capability at the moment. If it would be useful for others I’ll try to put some effort in to improve it.

My main objectives with the move to openluup where to take load of Vera so it was more stable and responsive and to get a more capacity to expand. Whenever I’ve got motivated to add something to Vera it seemed to add to my instability and I inevitably gave up and uninstalled functionality as a trade off to stability.

I’m now at the point where I have no logic running on Vera (I’ve replaced scenes with ALTUI workflows in the move) and I can already see massive improvements. The delay between sensor trigger / workflow state change / z-wave device doing something is significantly less and my logic around the door is closed, I saw someone move so I can leave the lights on until the door opens appears to actually work reliably at last (ok, it’s only been 24 hours but apart from what appears to be one doggy z-wave device so far it looks good!).

ENDLESS thanks to Akbooer and AMG, they are amazing dedicated generous geniuses!

Hi @Reliance

How are things going with your OpenLuup DSC plug-in project?

I managed to cobble something together for my purposes that creates child devices Motion detector devices for each sensor. It is very crude at the moment but functions if all you are after is Trigger events. It doesn’t currently implement anything other than trigger events (ie. no partions, no zones, no armed/disarmed but that would pretty easy to add). What are your needs? When I get some time I do plan to put a bit effort into it and tidy up, maybe you can inspire me!

If you would like a copy of what I’m running send me a PM. Unfortunately you would have to tell me your Envisalink password so I can calculate the checksum for it and hard code it. If that’s a concern I could give you some instructions on how to do that.

Could it work with the DSC IT-100?

Just had a quick look at http://cms.dsc.com/download.php?t=1&id=16238
and it looks like it is sending the same msg format and as the Envisalink. Currently I only process 609 Zone Opened and 610 Zone Restored (tripped and untripped).

How are you connecting the DSC IT-100 to Vera? I’m guessing a move from IP to Serial would be required?

I have a RaspPi running Ser2Net

So I just point the current DSC plugin to the PI?s IP and the Ser2Net managed port and it does the rest.

Yup, that?s the way it?s supposed to work, I believe.