DSC Zone type help

I know this is not specific to Vera but I didn’t feel like joining yet another forum.

I have been searching and reading up on zone types and I think I have just confused myself even more.

I just setup my 1864 with envs-4 today. I have 8 wireless sensors as described below:
Zone # - What
1 - Motion
2 - Firefighter(WT-600) listens to my hardwired smoke/co alarms
3 - Open/Close door
4 - Open/Close door
5 - Open/Close door
6 - Open/Close door
7 - Open/Close door
8 - Open/Close door

All in all once I wrapped my head around how to program, I get it all up and running with no problems, installed DSC Plugin, and have everything showing up in Vera.

Now my question is, I want to have Zone 6(Open/Close door) only alarm in away modes and never in stay modes. What zone type do I need this to be?

I kind of forgot this part and tripped the zone after having the system in instant stay, and as of right now the speaker is in our master bedroom, and ummm well the wife is up now and not happy lol.

I’m just getting started with the 1864 as well. See the attached picture - maybe you want 05 or 06?

I found that late last night also and decided to switch to 05 for the zone, but after reading through the keypad manual, it talks about night zone 37.

Trying to figure out the difference between 05 and 37. In the manual it states “Night zones are only armed in Away mode.”

Type 5 is almost certainly what you want here. When the system is armed stay, the zone will be bypassed. When armed away it will be armed, but unlike 32 if an entry delay is active (because you triggered a zone type 01 or 02), it won’t immediately trigger the alarm. The difference between 05 and 37 is what happens if, while the system is armed stay, you enter *1 on the keypad. On entering *1 on the keypad, all zones of type 05 will be armed - basically, switching the system from armed stay to armed away. Zones of type 37, however, will NOT be armed when pressing *1.

Type 6 is interesting. Basically, when a type 6 zone is triggered, you get an entry delay - even if you already have an entry delay going, but only if the system is armed away. So the idea there would be that the zone is not armed if the system is in stay mode, but when armed in away mode, triggering that zone can change the delay, even if a delay is already active. Like if the only keypad is by the front door, but you park in the garage, the garage door triggers one delay, but going through the interior door into the house “resets” it, so you have more time to get to the keypad.

All my inside zones are type 5

I tried type 05 for my open/close but when in stay and instant stay it would immediately trigger an alarm, when in away I would get a delay.

Interestingly though, my motion as type 05 works only in away, which is what I want.

I changed my open/close to 37 and it now only triggers alarm in away mode, but it instantly does it,which is fine.

I am going to try 06 as this is on the garage door to the house.

If the zone is triggering an alarm when armed stay, then either there is something seriously wrong with your setup, or you didn’t actually get it programed as type 05. Zone type 05 will be bypassed when the system is armed stay. Type 6 is delay when armed away, bypass when armed stay, so it could work to. As explained, 37 is also a good option, as long as you don’t want to use *1 to switch from stay to away and have it arm the zone.

Just tested type 6 worked how I expected.