Early Beta - Local Access Phase 1

One thing which would be for the next step… I am still not a fan of depending on mobile apps. I realize that it may be difficult with so little resource to have a webserver on the device so it maybe a good idea to enable a local API along with a client interface which could be either the mobile app or a windows/mac app to interact with it.
It would be good to be able to upload a vera zwave network on it equivalent to uploading the dongle.dump binary onto the Atom/Plughub so once can clone a vera network directly onto the device. It would very much facilitate testing in the short term and migration in the future.

:slight_smile:
Wi-fi local mode is done already at the firmware level (not released yet) (There is plenty of processing power on these powerful beasts! its not the processing power its the RAM thats the problem with ESP…thats why we use extra RAM, which solves our problems;) sshhh don’t tell anyone). We are finalizing the smartphone code, making sure the connection between smartphone and Atom is secure (using SSL, certs etc,) when working offline…This way you will have both Zwave and Wifi local mode all enabled in Atom…(and thats just the start of it…)…(some data for you…each connection we make with the Atom webserver takes 25Kb worth of RAM if not secured and over 30Kb of RAM if secured…so we can make multiple parallel connections even!)…We have only just started Rafale77!

3 Likes

or a docker client

Whoo super excited! I’m in

1 Like

i am in. thanks

1 Like

Please put me on the list.

1 Like

When can Europe expect Ezlo Atom and Plus?

Hi all,

I promised to get back to you early this week - please join the Beta program by filling in this short form: Beta Phase 1 Ezlo
Please note that only users that are located in the US are eligible for the Beta.

We are currently making all the preparations to hand the beta builds to you.

Hi,

I already replied to your question in another thread, but I’ll have the information written in here as well - just in case someone else is interested in the EU version :wink:. At this stage we’re working to have the Ezlo HW for EU in Q2 this year.

Ioana

3 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: VeraPlus issue

Hello! I wanted to see if this was rolled out to the Atom at this point. I can’t seem to get my app to connect to it any way other than via the cloud. Thanks!

Hi @jl8813
Local access should be available in your Atom (if you bought it on Amazon). You might see your Atom connected through the Cloud being in the local network in case you have WiFi extenders at your home. Cause extenders might affect local connection functionality.
Could you give me your Atom’s serial number? I’ll check HW version of your Atom.

Hi Max,

Yes, I did order it on Amazon. I just added the serial to my community profile - if you aren’t able to see that, I can PM you. Thanks for checking!

No extender, but multiple access points on a single, flat subnet. If you confirm it should work, I’ll give it another test.

Thanks again!

@Max Were you able to retrieve my serial number from my profile to check? My Amazon return window is about to close and if it doesn’t support local control, I want to send it back.

Hello @jl8813
Sorry for the delay in replying to you. Multiple access points might affect the local mode. Could you experiment with a single access point? If your controller’s serial number format is like this 76****** , it should support local mode.

Hi @Max

It starts with 700…*

So does that mean it won’t support local mode?

Thanks!

Hello @jl8813
We’ve checked the version of your Atom. This is Atom revision 1 which, unfortunately, doesn’t support local mode due to hardware specifics.

Thanks @Max . That’s disappointing. The difference in hardware versions isn’t mentioned on the ezlo product page.

Hello @jl8813
I’m contacting you in PM. We can offer a solution for you.

1 Like

Thanks @Max reaching out and providing some awesome support!

1 Like