Ecobee Climate Hold

Dumb question, but how do I manually update my v1.9 ecobee app to the new v2.11 version? I’ve dowloaded the .zip file from GitHub, but I don’t recall ever manually installing an app. Thanks in advance for pointing me in the right direction!

unzip the files and drag them into the apps/Develop Apps/Luup files screen to upload them on the vera.

1 Like

OK, go into your ReactorSensor, and click on the Activities tab. Then click the Tools tab. The “Update Device Information Database” section should now be showing you that there is an update available. Hit the update button. This works immediately, and for all ReactorSensors. You should then be able to return to the Tools tab and complete your SetClimateHold action.

1 Like

Thanks @rigpapa and @rafale77 - you guys are both amazing!!

I’m now able to successfully set the thermostat mode via activities! Also, I didn’t unzip the files earlier, that’s 99% my issue, right?! lol… what I get for trying to do something on my chromebook.

Definitely have to unzip the files, but as I mentioned, the problem in the service files is still in @rafale77 's GitHub repo, a carry over from the prior code/author, so even if you had successfully updated, it would not have changed. Better to have his updates for all of the other things it contains, though.

1 Like

The icons folder error’ed out on upload, so i tried the individual files, which all uploaded successfully. But now the thermostat icon (little black ecobee) isn’t showing (and nothing else is either…) just curious if something easy for me to do on my end. Not asking for anything on the plugin side if that’s the answer. I know you mentioned that you’re no longer updating that…

And once again @rigpapa comes through with the solution! :+1: :+1: :+1:

Sorry I couldn’t be of further help with the plugin. I liked the ecobee but the ultra reliance on their cloud made me sell mine so it is hard for me to test things.

@ruster34 on the icon problem, give me a minute. I will look into it. It is possible that you have downloaded the openluup version which uses a slightly different install with the the altappstore so the icon location differs.

edit: ok I figured it out. The old watou version had you get the icon from the web… watou’s hosted website. Since he was not maintaining it, I decided to localize the icon so you now have to upload the icon on the vera’s default icon location… which now varies depending on what firmware version you run. If you can SCP into your vera and upload the files to /www/cmh/skins/default/img/devices/device_states. If you can’t (which would mean you are running 7.30) I will have to modify the plugin and have you drop it elsewhere.

2 Likes

@rafale77 for the service file S_Ecobee1.xml, here’s what’s needed:

In the <serviceStateTable> section add:

<stateVariable>
      <name>A_ARG_TYPE_holdref</name>
      <dataType>string</dataType>
      <allowedValueList>
         <allowedValue>home</allowedValue>
         <allowedValue>away</allowedValue>
         <allowedValue>sleep</allowedValue>
         <allowedValue>smart1</allowedValue>
       </allowedValueList>
    </stateVariable>
    <stateVariable>
      <name>A_ARG_TYPE_string</name>
      <dataType>string</dataType>
    </stateVariable>

And then change the SendMessage and SetClimateHold actions to add the <relatedStateVariable> tags:

<action>
      <name>SendMessage</name>
      <argumentList>
        <argument>
          <name>MessageText</name>
          <direction>in</direction>
          <relatedStateVariable>A_ARG_TYPE_string</relatedStateVariable>
        </argument>
      </argumentList>
    </action>
    <action>
      <name>SetClimateHold</name>
      <argumentList>
        <argument>
          <name>HoldClimateRef</name>
          <direction>in</direction>
          <relatedStateVariable>A_ARG_TYPE_holdref</relatedStateVariable>
        </argument>
      </argumentList>
    </action>

I’d have done a pull request on your repo, but it’s such a small change, I think it’s just easier to hand them to you…

1 Like

Thanks, I just posted v2.2 with these changes and also the icon location which now need to be in /www/cmh/skins/default/icons

1 Like

I’m sorry to keep this going, but I’m almost there!
I’ve downloaded winscp and copied the icons over to the proper folder (check!)
I’ve uploaded the unzipped newest (v2.2) files to luup files (check!)
I’ve enabled the developer aspect of my ecobee account (check!)
I’ve copied the API key into the Ecobee device and clicked ‘Get PIN’ but get the following error message:

• ERROR: Invalid Service

Oh don’t apologize. You are beta testing for me. Let me look into it when I get back from work later tonight. Sorry for the wait and thanks for testing.

Thanks so much!! No worries on the wait, I know it’s a sin in our world, but I can just manually adjust the thermostat when necessary ( :exploding_head:)

@rafale77 typo in the XML change… it looks like when you pasted the actions, you lopped off the </actionList> at the end, leaving only an extra >

</argument>
      </argumentList>
    </action>>
</scpd>

should be:

</argument>
      </argumentList>
    </action>
  </actionList>
</scpd>

I suspected something like that… not surprising of me… thanks for looking into it.

I hate XML almost as much as I hate YAML.

I just edited the “S_Ecobee1.xml” file to remove that “>” and re-uploaded and still got the same error…?

Hmm no a line is missing. My computer is rebooting. I am on my phone. Give me a min or two.

Edit: try v2.21b

Success! Uploaded new xml file, got pin, authorized and ready to go! I cannot express how awesome yu guys both are to knock this out today!! @rafale77 @rigpapa kudos!!

2 Likes

19 posts were split to a new topic: Ecobee Plugin Update