Ecobee setting a new Temperature from the scheduled one

I have Veraplus and ecobee plugin ver 1.9

All I am trying to do is set a new temperature when the weather outside drops below a temp specified.

What I am hung up on the list of values under ‘Activities’ does not seem to change the thermostat, even though the reactor is tripped. I have tried both “Set CurrentSetPoint” under “Common heading”

I also tried the setpoint under the “Heating” Temperature Setpoint and that does not have seemed to work either.

Which activity is the correct one

I don’t have an Ecobee to test with, so unless there’s another Reactor + Ecobee user out there that can tell you, you’re just going to have to experiment until you find the one that works. You might try the generic “SetCurrentSetpoint” under “TemperatureSetpoint1” (the one with no _Heat or _Cool suffix).

FIgured it out
@rigpapa, we can close this.

The correct one to use was actually under “TemperatureSetpoint1”
Not sure why there are multiple TemperatureSetpoints and the Common and Heating one did not work. Oh well hope this can assist someone in the future that comes across this.

It’s a Vera thing. The thermostat device implementation is full of inconsistencies like this–likely a lack of coordination between the devs that implemented various products early on, no time or interest in going back and cleaning it up after, and then coupled with confusion and similar lack of coordination among plugin developers that have since tried to model it in their own custom thermostat works (myself included).

1 Like