Ecolink Motion Sensor PIR2 Not displaying battery level

Just added an Ecolink Motion Sensor ECO-PIR2 to a Vera Plus version 1.7.4970 (7.31)

It does not display the battery level.
If I check under advanced / variables there is no variable for BatteryDate and BatteryLevel

I do not find the ECO-PIR2 ( pnp 5261 ) when searching devices to add.

I’ve added as it generic and ECO-PIR.
If added as ECO-PIR it says it is the wrong device ID or something like that.

Either way, no battery info.

Anyone have an idea how to correct?

Sometimes waiting 24 hours will sort that out.

Even though there is no variable to reverence ( BatteryLevel )?
And it does not show on the device in the UI like every other battery device I’m using.

I have seen posts from others saying they are using this device, just can’t find anyone having a problem seeing the battery level.

I figure I’ll give it a couple of days before sending a message to support.

Might even try creating the variables BatteryDate and BatteryLevel and see of they populate over time.

My recollection was that it sorted itself out after 24 hours and added the necessary variables. Go figure.

1 Like

Kinda odd, sitting over night did not help.

What did was puling the battery and putting it back in. After that the batterylevel and batterydate showed.

So when I get another I will remember to pair, let sit a bit, if no battery level displayed, pull battery and reinsert.

Would be nice if the ECO-PIR2 could be added to the list of devices you can select from. I hate the feeling that something is missing when you select the device as generic. It is working, but possibly not as well as it could.

Thanks for the replies.

Funny, I would have expected the wake-up to send the battery status report. If you pair more of these and have the same problem, try pushing the tamper switch as it sends a wake frame. Anyway, glad you’re up and running!