Either Motion Detector

Does this look right? Either motion detector will create a true.

What are you trying to achieve? Everything looks to okay, there is also a test mode under the tools where you can test this.

1 Like

OR group with two sensors. Perfect!

1 Like

The MD sensors were ok but not 100% and the coverage could have been better. This way one or the other will do the job. This particular reactor is used for late night momentary lights on while moving through the house but can be overridden by having certain switches on or off. I was having a problem where I previously had it wrong with all the conditions or the MDs. Good now.

Thanks for the help. Nice job Rigpapa writing this.

I use this same arrangement for outdoor lights. Not being a coder, is there an easy way to have a text or email telling me which MD was tripped?

You can do this via reactor or native Vera alerts. I used the native alerts for my motion sensor notifications. You can do this by heading over to the users and account and under user info you can put in your info for notifications. Then on the Dashboard click the arrow next to modes and there you can arm the motion sensor based on any mode, and scroll down and turn on the user to be notified.

2 Likes

Nice!

Thanks.

Create two sub-groups and OR the sub-groups to the parent group. Then you can have the activity of emailing you on either of the sub-groups being TRUE and you’ll know which sensor. Your other activity logic would then be on the parent OR grouping of all the sub-groups so you’ll get the effect of action on motion as well as email for which MD set it off