EnOcean ESP3 Gateway plugin

Hi,
I just moved from a Vera Lite to a Vera Plus; almost everything works fine.
I had to reinstall the EnOcean plugin after the migration because I had some I/O error logged; my USB EnOcean Gateway key seems now to be recognized but, I’m unable to make it learn my EnOcean switch.
Has anyone moved successfully this plugin to a Vera Plus?
Thanks,

I just paired a light sensor. (Leviton WSCPC-W).
It paired fine, created a light sensor device, but the Light Level is stuck on “0”.
I know it is sending and being received, Vera shows “A valid telegram has been received ! Target device : 00-03-C6-3D-06-02 Light sensor” every 60 seconds or so.

Indeed I see in the log:

50	6/21/16 2:50:08 PM	luup_log:8: (EnOceanPlugin::RADIO) Handle radio telegram PROG: A5, senderId: 00-03-C6-3D, status: 00, data: CB-00-A9-2E <0x2f890680>
50	6/21/16 2:50:08 PM	luup_log:8: (EnOceanPlugin::4BS)7 Device known: 114 <0x2f890680>
50	6/21/16 2:50:08 PM	luup_log:8: (EnOceanPlugin::ShowSysMessage-?) mode: 1, permanent: false, message: A valid telegram has been received ! Target device : 00-03-C6-3D-06-02 Light sensor <0x2f890680>
6	6/21/16 2:50:08 PM	Device_Variable::m_szValue_set device: 114 service: urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSensor1 variable: CurrentLevel was: 676 now: 676 #hooks: 0 upnp: 0 v:(nil)/NONE duplicate:1 <0x2f890680>

Are we updating the wrong CurrentLevel? There are two CurrentLevel variables. Maybe one was Light Sensor and now we accidentally created TemperatureSensor1?

Yep, the wrong SID. SID.TEMP instead of SID.LIGHT.

One minor change (plus disabled the notification message) and the light sensor is working. I attached my current custom code with my previous changes…

-- Light sensor
			--
			elseif eepFunc == 0x06 then
				if not g_childDevices[altid] then
					log( "(EnOceanPlugin::4BS)6 Device not known. Return" )
					return
				end
				log( "(EnOceanPlugin::4BS)7 Device known: ".. g_childDevices[altid] )
					-- wilme2 comment out on 20160621: ShowSysMessage( "A valid telegram has been received ! Target device : " .. altid .. " Light sensor" )
				local range = GetValueAtLocation( data, LOCATIONS["4BS_06_RS"] )
				local location = (range == 0) and LOCATIONS["4BS_06_ILL1"] or LOCATIONS["4BS_06_ILL2"]
				local lux = GetValueAtLocation( data, location ) -- 0...255
				-- Light sensor types:
				-- 1 : 600...60000 / 300...30000 lux
				-- 2 :   0... 1020 /   0...  510 lux
				local minLux = 0
				local maxLux = 0
				if eepType == 0x01 then
					minLux = (range == 0) and 600 or 300
					maxLux = (range == 0) and 60000 or 30000
				elseif eepType == 0x02 then
					maxLux = (range == 0) and 1020 or 510
				end
				lux = math.floor( minLux + lux * (maxLux - minLux) / 255 ) -- minLux...maxLux
					-- wilme2 comment out on 20160621: luup.variable_set( SID.TEMP, "CurrentLevel", lux, g_childDevices[altid] )
				luup.variable_set( SID.LIGHT, "CurrentLevel", lux, g_childDevices[altid] )

I have a Leviton WSP05-10 3 Wire Relay Receiver. I can’t seem to figure out how to get the USB300C with Vera paired with the relay receiver so that I can toggle it from the Vera. Any thoughts or ideas?

Furthermore, what is the purpose of teach-in with pin code?

I have no problem using the USB300C as a receiver from wireless switches.

So I solved this issue with the two frequencies. I put in a EnOcean cross-band repeater, that takes signals at 315 Mhz and repeats them at 902 Mhz, and vice-versa. It repeats the teach-ins and everything, so you can add devices in the other frequency as normal. The only downsides are price, availability, and having another device to mount.

Expensive at $315 + shipping from Canada, but for me cheaper than replacing my whole network of twenty 315 Mhz sensors ($1000 minimum), and now I can just add 902 Mhz as I want. And if I wanted to move to HA system with EnOcean based on 902 Mhz (Zipato), this would let me use my 315 mhz devices on that other system too…

Availability - from specialty lighting retailers, the link can point to someone local to you. They will have to special order the device.

Mounting - small form factor, but you will want it centrally located and powered (does not come with power supply - it can take a AC or DC in a range of voltages) - for me it was pretty easy, I already had a wireless repeater for my alarm system inside a wall with a run from a 24 V alarm panel power supply. I just mounted next to that device inside the wall and connected in line to the same power supply.

http://www.echoflexsolutions.com/products/controllers/process-control/cbr-cross-band-repeater

Anyone has plugin available?
Can not download from http://apps.mios.com/

[quote=“bobtob, post:74, topic:177996”]Anyone has plugin available?
Can not download from http://apps.mios.com/[/quote]

I see it there as http://apps.mios.com/plugin.php?id=5106
I logged into one of my UI7s, and confirmed if you search “EnOcean” it comes up as available to install (version 1.6)

I am about to switch my primary frequency (USB stick) to 902 mhz and use the cross-band repeater to get the 315 Mhz to Vera. You can just swap USB sticks, no need to re-provision. But when I did this previously I found a few 315 mhz sensors that the EchoFlex doesn’t repeat for some reason, so I need to run DolphinView to see what is going on…

Hello,

I am looking to control enocean products with my vera.
I understood that it was necessary to go through the “Teach-in” mode but I wanted more precision.
What is the pin code you are referring to?
Thank you in advance for your return.

Since attachments didn’t come over to the new forum, I wanted to post my latest personal edits to the plugin’s LUA.L_EnOceanGateway1.zip (15.3 KB)

Hello wilme2
Thank you for the feedback
I am looking at how to use the file. I am a new user of vera and I am a bit groping.

I have downloaded and installed the files, but I still cannot include actuators in the system.
I can only include the sensors.
Is the inclusion procedure specific?
Thank you

So the bad news is that if you read over this thread, no one has ever included EnOcean switches or other actuators.

The code is there, but as it was never tested with real-world devices, it is likely that there is a bug somewhere in that code.

I don’t have any switches to test with, but I have a plug or two in a box I have never deployed that I could see how they react. I have to think about how I would test - I don’t want to use my production Vera…

What kind of actuators are you trying to include/teach-in?

Thank you

This is what I understood, but I find it hard to see the point of including enocean switches if it is not possible to control actuators.
Except maybe to order zwave actuator or other …
But as far as I could see the orders placed by vera are not transmitted.

Regarding the actuator that I seek to include these are the https://nodon.fr/nodon/module-encastre-2-canaux-enocean/
EEP (EnOcean Profile): D2-01-12

Well, I am assuming the code for switches and actuators are the same. Meaning if we solve for switches, I am hoping that would work for your actuators as well.

Ok but how can we proceed to help each other?

I just need to find some time. What I plan to do is bring an old Vera out of retirement, upgrade it to UI7, install the EnOcean plug-in, and attempt to teach-in one of the plugs I already have. If I can find the bug in the teach-in, that would be the first hurdle, and then I can see if I can control it. From there we can look to see if that section of code also looks like it would also control switches/actuators, and how we would need to troubleshoot your install. (LuaUPNP.log)

So I spent a few hours over the weekend working on EnOcean issues. I attempted to get one of my switches to pair - with no luck. What I do know is that the Plug-In is not sending Teach-In telegrams. The code is there, but there must be a bug preventing actual transmission of any data over the EnOcean transceiver. I verified this by running DolphinView Basic all weekend, and no telegram was ever recorded from any source but my occupancy sensors.

One error I am seeing in the log:

LuaInterface::CallFunction_Job device 3 function SEnOceanGateway1_EnOceanGateway1_TeachIn_run failed [string “-- Steps to get Vera learned into a device …”]:514: bad argument #1 to ‘unset’ (number expected, got nil)

But the weird thing is that there is no “SEnOceanGateway1_EnOceanGateway1_TeachIn” function in the plug-in. Or at least not in the .LUA file.

thanks for your explanations.
The Plug’in may not be finished then?

There is no one from Vera like the person who created the plugin who can tell us.

Best Home Automation shopping experience. Shop at getvera!

© 2020 Vera Control Ltd., All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Forum Rules