Enphase power monitoring

Has anyone looked at using the vera to read output from the Enphase Envoy Communications gateway grid tie solar monitoring system or the information directly from the enphase m215 inverter?

rearden

I created a plugin that reads the data from Enlighten website as well and Envoy unit (local network) I can monitor production using datamine plug in -

regards
harry

That’s great. Are you willing to share the details?

Harry,
Ordered a set of solarpanels with the enphase micro inverters
I would like to follow it’s performance via the datamine plug-in
Would you like to share or publish your plug-in?
Regards,
Jacob

I get a Enphase system as well, I will monitor 8 Solar panels .
Is the plugin anywhere available?

+1 for this, since I just ordered a system based on Enphase micro-inverters.

I’d be keen to jump on board also :slight_smile:

I have an Aurora Inverter with an Aurora Easy Control (connected via the local network) to monitor the performance / generation totals etc. It is all web based and I have been looking for a way to integrate this with Vera to allow me to view the performance when I’m not connected to my home network and have everything through once system.

Unfortunately I’m already using port forwarding on my router for a weather station and it won’t allow me to use HTTP port forwarding to a different port (don’t know why).

Are you willing to share? :slight_smile:

Looks like @elordude hasn’t been active on the forum since July :frowning:

I’m going to send him a PM for the small chance he would read it.

did you ever get a response from elorddude? My panels are almost up and I would like to monitor the enphase inverters.

L.S.

I am trying to build a plug-in to read-out my solar system with the enphase micro inverters.
Unfortunately my programming skills go back 20 years and comprise mainly BASIC
Therefor after some days studying the various, possible and remote similar, plug-ins I am lost in the woods of references and strange parameters.

Can someone on this forum give me a push in the appropriate direction?
I think I will be in a better situation if at least the I_file.xml data collection and formatting is showing something recognizable in the log file.

API call to Enphase website:
https://api.enphaseenergy.com/api/systems/123456/summary?key=xxxapiKeyxxx

Response from Enphase website (JSON format):
{“energy_lifetime”:479616,“system_id”:123456,“source”:“microinverters”,“energy_today”:866,“current_power”:123,“energy_month”:39969,“summary_date”:“2012-11-19T00:00:00+01:00”,“energy_week”:13976,“modules”:10}

I am interested in the bold figures

Many thanks in advance
Jacob

I PM’d @elordude and got a reply to say he would be happy to share his work, its just he wanted to clean it up a bit first. I will mail him back again and see if he’s had any luck doing that yet.

Thank you Strangely. I can’t PM yet and everything is not installed yet, but this is something which is high on my list to add to my enphase/vera system.

Jacob, if you come up with something I would interested in testing it.

rearden

I got a response back from @elordude, that he was happy to publish the plugin here. I wont be able to try this for a bit since my panels wont be switched on for a while (need my inspection first), but for anyone who wants to try this, and can load a plugin manually I’ve attached it.

After creating the plugin, you will need to enter the IP address of your envoy unit and save/restart.

@elordude and @strangely

It works like a charme. thank you very much.

Is it also possible to get the production on the device its self?

Thanks! I think I did the manual install correctly. Now I have to get time to finish installing the panels!

Ha, Great, Thanks guy’s.
Installed the plug-in and it work’s

This is a good example for me to start learning the LUUP programming
I did have a problem with “Past week” and “Since installation” KWH

I modified the file I_ENVOY.xml

local s_start, s_end = string.find(ENVOY_Raw,“Today”)
local TPOWER = string.match(ENVOY_Raw,“%d+%p%d+”,s_end)
local s_start, s_end = string.find(ENVOY_Raw,“Past Week”)
local WPOWER = string.match(ENVOY_Raw,“%d+%p%d+”,s_end) Changed “TPOWER” to “WPOWER
local s_start, s_end = string.find(ENVOY_Raw,“Since Installation”)
local LFTPOWER = string.match(ENVOY_Raw,“%d+”,s_end) Changed “%d+%p%d+” into “%d+

With 500 KWH the Lifetime value of my system returned the date 2007-2012 also on the Envoy web page

This gave the right figures.
I will now try to find out how to be prepared for decimals and installation of child devices

Thanks,
Jacob

Thanks for this plugin, it worked like a Charm. Are you going to create a plugging app for this?

Can someone describe the install process for this plug in? Thanks so much!

Scott

[quote=“Jacob, post:16, topic:171972”]Ha, Great, Thanks guy’s.
Installed the plug-in and it work’s

This is a good example for me to start learning the LUUP programming
I did have a problem with “Past week” and “Since installation” KWH

I modified the file I_ENVOY.xml

local s_start, s_end = string.find(ENVOY_Raw,“Today”)
local TPOWER = string.match(ENVOY_Raw,“%d+%p%d+”,s_end)
local s_start, s_end = string.find(ENVOY_Raw,“Past Week”)
local WPOWER = string.match(ENVOY_Raw,“%d+%p%d+”,s_end) Changed “TPOWER” to “WPOWER
local s_start, s_end = string.find(ENVOY_Raw,“Since Installation”)
local LFTPOWER = string.match(ENVOY_Raw,“%d+”,s_end) Changed “%d+%p%d+” into “%d+

With 500 KWH the Lifetime value of my system returned the date 2007-2012 also on the Envoy web page

This gave the right figures.
I will now try to find out how to be prepared for decimals and installation of child devices

Thanks,
Jacob[/quote]

So I made these changes, and presuming I changed them correctly… while it fixed the display glitches where text was overlapping, it seems that Energy Week and Today are showing the same figure (Today’s generation).

Anyone else have Last Update being populated?

Same here, today and “energy this week” are always the same :frowning: