Error executing function undefined():

All my reactors state this right now. What happened? How to fix it?

Try a hard-refresh of your browser.

And if that isn’t enough, reboot (not reload) your Vera and then hard refresh again.

Seems it fixed itself overnight?

1 Like

This is typical of a problem I see occasionally on 7.31, which is that the Vera and UI7 get out of sync, and at that point, pretty much every state variable on many/most/all devices return incorrect values, generally blank (observed by going into various devices, Advanced > Variables, and clicking “Edit” on a few… even though they show an “old” value in the Variables tab, when brought in to edit, the value goes away and the editor is blank). The response from the Reactor UI is consistent with getting a completely blank answer back from the UI in response to requesting the variable that holds the configuration data. Deleting a device seems to be at least one way you can cause this “cognitive dissonance” to happen, but I’ve also experienced it when doing other things.

Sometimes a hard refresh will fix it. Sometimes, you have to do more.

What you should NOT do in these circumstances is begin editing (or “fixing”) ANY device attributes or variables, including Reactor or other plugin configurations. Do your refreshes and reboots and get things back to sanity before you do any of that, or you will be reloading from backup.

3 Likes

FEATURE REQUEST
Is there a sane, valid, sustainable way in which Reactor could be set (electively) to detect Vera’s “Cognitive Dissonance Mode” and thereby instigate the necessary refresh(es) on the user’s behalf?

I hate not knowing what Vera’s up to, and Reactor acts as my proxy! :slight_smile:

Since this is really an issue with UI7 (which may, I strongly suspect, be caused by a bug in the firmware’s handling of userdata and its timestamps–you may recall that changes were made exactly in this area between 7.29 and 7.31), it would only be detectable when Reactor’s UI is started, and really, that “undefined()” message is just that–Reactor complaining that the UI JavaScript API is giving it bad data. I’ll see if I can get a more helpful message there.

2 Likes

I’ve also seen this and the last thing you want to do is make changes. Refresh, reboot (not just reload) and be patient. I lost half a day and had to restore from a back-up before I learned that lesson a couple of weeks ago.

2 Likes