error message when opening vera alerts

Hello ,

I have an issue with vera alerts (version 7.21, and vera 3 running 1.7.855) on my vera 3. It was running fine , but I just wanted to check how something was called to use in my vera plus. But when I want to open the vera alerts app , I get this error in red Error executing function vaInit(): Cannot read property 'Init' of undefined

What to do?

Thanks,
Cor

Power cycle your Vera and RELOAD your browser.

Yep , that worked ! thanks.

One small , maybe related question.

I run a vera 3 and a vera plus , both on Ui7 The vera 3 is “slaved” to the vera plus , since I need some temperature data from the vera 3 in Pleg on vera plus.

I have a “room” called vera 3 , where all the vera 3 devices are in , also vera alerts.
When I open vera alerts there , I can also edit the notifications , but I also see the notifications of vera alerts on my vera plus.

Although I try not to touch this vera alerts device , it happends accidentally :-X Is this related to the :'Error executing function vaInit(): Cannot read property 'Init' of undefined

Or doesn’t it matter on which vera I change the notifications for the vera 3?

Thanks,
Cor

@RichardTSchaefer:

I’m getting the same error message in Vera Alerts… maybe this is a silly question, but how do I “power cycle” a Vera Edge? Is that any different than rebooting or reloading the luup engine?? I’ve tried both followed by reloading my web browser and I’m still getting the Vera Alerts error message and subsequently Vera Alerts refuses to load the “configure notifications” menu.

Very different. To powercycle a Vera 3, you literally unplug the power and plug it back in. I would call this a cold boot. A warm boot, which I did remotely yesterday troubleshooting a scene problems related to the use of underscores in PLEG, can be found in Settings->Net & WiFi. Some users have their Veras rebooting every day.

One way to power cycle your Vera is to lay your Vera on the floor … with the chord fully extended.

Then run through your room and trip over the chord … works for me every time :slight_smile:

That’s what I thought it meant (cold boot). Well I’ve tried that… several times actually… and I’m still getting the Vera Alerts error. Anything else I can try?? I need to modify one of the notification messages that’s sent to my phone and I can’t do that until Vera Alerts functions properly again.

You need to provide details:
Vera Firmware Version: ??
Vera Alerts Plugin Version: ??

These problems happen with an incomplete install … or a Version mismatch between the Vera Alerts software and the Vera Firmware.

Other Input FYI. Just got done with 2 week long problem with Vera Plus & Vera 3 Bridged (All Current Firmware) Vera Alerts and mainly Kwikset Locks. Ghost massages & some of the same problems you have been talking about. Engine reload still not working properly related to units being Bridged? I was told to look for Future Update? For what ever reason when I remove Notifications for the door lock on the main unit for the bridged unit the system is a lot more stable?

Just my 2 cents

@RichardTSchaefer:

Forgot to check back here. Here is the information you requested. I’m still getting the error message:

Vera Firmware Version: 1.7.2607 (latest update)
Vera Alerts Plugin Version: 7.21 (latest version)

Would the VeraAlerts logs help?? Still stuck here…

Sorry I am travelling.
This is caused by the recent problems with Vera handling Scenes.
Notifications are hidden scenes. If you interacted with the Vera Alerts plugin while Vera was having these problems it could corrupt your data.

The only solution I can suggest is to delete ALL notifications and scenes that have notifications turned on … and re-create them.

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:12, topic:195406”]Sorry I am travelling.
This is caused by the recent problems with Vera handling Scenes.
Notifications are hidden scenes. If you interacted with the Vera Alerts plugin while Vera was having these problems it could corrupt your data.

The only solution I can suggest is to delete ALL notifications and scenes that have notifications turned on … and re-create them.[/quote]

Damn… that’s pretty much all my scenes :confused: I have notifications for just about all of them and to re-do everything would take some time. Is Vera aware of the issue and perhaps a future firmware update would alleviate the issue or am I just dreaming for a simple fix that will never be??

Send me the output from:

http://Your.Vera.IP.Address/port_3480/data_request?id=user_data

This is a very large file and may contain confidential info (password, pin codes …)
You can replace any confidential info with XXXXXXX but make sure you retain the file structure.

i.e. if a pin code in the file is “1234”
Change it to “XXXX”

With this info I can find what notifications and/or scenes are corrupted.

Sorry it took me awhile to check back here. Attached is my VeraMate output log. Thanks for looking into this Richard.

Brand new VeraSecure install and stuck at “Error executing function vaInit(): Cannot read property ‘Init’ of undefined”. Initially seemed to work, but realized as I was adding in profiles and settings there was no save or back button visible in Chrome. No way to get back to the Vera main menu at all. Eventually did a Shift F5 refresh and now am unable to configure. Rebooted, refreshed browser, uninstalled and reinstalled, but stuck.

VeraSecure 1.7.3454, VeraAlerts 7.23.

[quote=“wilme2, post:16, topic:195406”]Brand new VeraSecure install and stuck at “Error executing function vaInit(): Cannot read property ‘Init’ of undefined”. Initially seemed to work, but realized as I was adding in profiles and settings there was no save or back button visible in Chrome. No way to get back to the Vera main menu at all. Eventually did a Shift F5 refresh and now am unable to configure. Rebooted, refreshed browser, uninstalled and reinstalled, but stuck.

VeraSecure 1.7.3454, VeraAlerts 7.23.[/quote]

It eventually started working again after I was doing other work. I see the Close option now, but not every inituative. Course, I am just learning to hate UI7…

You need to do a FULL reboot when you first Install Vera Alerts and PLEG/PLTS.
There is some init that I only do on a reboot (to make reloads faster) that need to get done at least once.

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer”]You need to do a FULL reboot when you first Install Vera Alerts and PLEG/PLTS.
There is some init that I only do on a reboot (to make reloads faster) that need to get done at least once.[/quote]I am finding that true of all apps on UI7…

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk